• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

moonspray

help me, it wont work

i had a 3.80 slim psp i was trying to get back to 3.71 m33-2 and a fat bricked psp

so, after going through it all, i have made a pandoras battery with my fat one and a magic memory stick using despierto etc all using my brothers psp which does have m33-2 on it....i put it into my fat bricked psp and it came up with what it said it would "press x to install m33-2 etc" so i pressed x, and after a few seconds, the psp turned itself off, the guide said that i had to wait for the memory stick led to stop flashing which would take about 5-10 mins but it just stops, the psp turns off entirely, and when i turn it back on i get the same screen i started with, please help

EDIT: it gets to formatting flash1........ then just stops, i dont wanna try it in my slim coz i think somethings wrong
EDIT2: now it stops at formatting flash0......i did eveything to specification, what the hell is wrong?
EDIT3:now its stuck on flash1 again, HELP

when it gets stuck on flash0 it doesnt turn itself off

but when it goes to flash1 it does

frisomel

just a question..if i make a battery a pandora battery..will it still work as a normal/non-pandora battery?..the guide says "boot your psp with a non-pandora battery"..

Cheezeball99 Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(255, 255, 255);" images="" exophase="" smilies="" set1="" cool.gif="" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" smilieid="50" class="alt2">;"> Originally Posted by frisomel
well..my psp's been bricked..help me pls..i've accidentally deleted all my originial flash0 files (but i've got backup) and overwritten all of them with custom xmb's files..now my psp won't start and even won't go to the recovery menu..help me..i don't know if this is even the right thread to post this..but pls help me..

my previous firmware was 3.71 m33-4..help me pls..is there any hope 4 my psp?..:sad:

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
You need to either already have a pandora's battery/magic memstick made or have a friend with CFW make 'em for ya to recover from a full brick.
what do you mean by CFW??..sorry i'm a noob with these terms..

Acerthief

i had a 3.80 slim psp i was trying to get back to 3.71 m33-2 and a fat bricked psp

so, after going through it all, i have made a pandoras battery with my fat one and a magic memory stick using despierto etc all using my brothers psp which does have m33-2 on it....i put it into my fat bricked psp and it came up with what it said it would "press x to install m33-2 etc" so i pressed x, and after a few seconds, the psp turned itself off, the guide said that i had to wait for the memory stick led to stop flashing which would take about 5-10 mins but it just stops, the psp turns off entirely, and when i turn it back on i get the same screen i started with, please help

EDIT: it gets to formatting flash1........ then just stops, i dont wanna try it in my slim coz i think somethings wrong
EDIT2: now it stops at formatting flash0......i did eveything to specification, what the hell is wrong?
EDIT3:now its stuck on flash1 again, HELP

when it gets stuck on flash0 it doesnt turn itself off

but when it goes to flash1 it does

There is a chance that you have a faulty/fake memory stick.
Check it on this thread HERE and see if you have one.
Unless you have SanDisk.

If it's real, then there might be a slight chance of hardware issue.

BTW, in the future when you have something new to add in the previous post, press the EDIT button on the bottom left. Thanks!
just a question..if i make a battery a pandora battery..will it still work as a normal/non-pandora battery?..the guide says "boot your psp with a non-pandora battery"..

what do you mean by CFW??..sorry i'm a noob with these terms..

CFW is short for Custom Firmware.

You can convert your battery both ways (pandora <-> normal), so after you finished the progress, take out the pandora, plug in the AC and turn it on. Afterwards you may convert your pandora back to a normal PSP.

frisomel

tnx acerthief..i'll just repeat based on how i understood ur answer..so after i used the pandora battery, i will boot the psp WITHOUT the pandora battery?..another question, how can i make convert the pandora battery back to a normal battery?..

Acerthief

tnx acerthief..i'll just repeat based on how i understood ur answer..so after i used the pandora battery, i will boot the psp WITHOUT the pandora battery?..another question, how can i make convert the pandora battery back to a normal battery?..

Using the same program you used to convert a normal to a pandora.(Unless you hardmod it)
Backup your eeprom before you convert it into service mode (pandora).

When you are going to convert back to normal, flash the eeprom back, and Ta-Da :biggrin:

frisomel

tnx acerthief..w8..one last question..wat does flash mean?..my misunderstanding of dat term made my psp bricked at da 1st place..haha..

moonspray

i downgraded my 3.78 with it so somethings wrong with the fat psp flash 1? what should i do?

i need to find a way to manually format flash1 on my fat psp because pandora is incapable for some reason

CFW means custom firmware, capable of running homebrew

Acerthief

tnx acerthief..w8..one last question..wat does flash mean?..my misunderstanding of dat term made my psp bricked at da 1st place..haha..

flashing basically means to install, read/write files on your internal memory, in this case changing files in flash0.

i downgraded my 3.78 with it so somethings wrong with the fat psp flash 1? what should i do?

i need to find a way to manually format flash1 on my fat psp because pandora is incapable for some reason

CFW means custom firmware, capable of running homebrew

Honestly, I have no idea mate. I'm sorry about that.
I'll leave this one to the admins or other mods.
I think i have a way to this I'm jsut not sure if it works.
Gimme a moment.

josho

Hi guys. recently i backup the entire magic stick program to my computer and I decided to transfer to a smaller megabyte. And now, I am trying to help my frenz to flash everything from 3.52m33 to 3.71m33-2 by using the Pandora battery.

However, the problem that I am facing was, once after I had convert the battery to Pandora Battery, it failed to operate when I put in the batt to the PSP (of course that the magic stick program were in too), it just wun start up after all.

Previously I did it twice and there's no problem at all but now for my pal case, I am not sure why is it that the PSP green light is on but not running the program. (I am using my pal battery and not mine.)

Please advise.. thanks. :biggrin:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys. recently i backup the entire magic stick program to my computer and I decided to transfer to a smaller megabyte. And now, I am trying to help my frenz to flash everything from 3.52m33 to 3.71m33-2 by using the Pandora battery.

However, the problem that I am facing was, once after I had convert the battery to Pandora Battery, it failed to operate when I put in the batt to the PSP (of course that the magic stick program were in too), it just wun start up after all.

Previously I did it twice and there's no problem at all but now for my pal case, I am not sure why is it that the PSP green light is on but not running the program. (I am using my pal battery and not mine.)

Please advise.. thanks. :biggrin:

So wait. You transferred the files on the memory stick to a new one? Did you remember to run msinst to install the IPL? (step 11 in the guide)

classik

One quick question. If i have a magic memory stick, can i still use that same memory stick to run iso's off of?

Acerthief

One quick question. If i have a magic memory stick, can i still use that same memory stick to run iso's off of?

Sure. The only difference is the first partition of the memory stick, the rest act just like a normal one.

classik

thanks for the info

i got one more problem. i tried doing this on a psp slim, and when the psp starts up, it freezes as it finishes the sony logo, and then shuts off. can someone please help me

i forgot to mention, the psp was a slim 3.71 fw originally

nvm, fixed it, read some of the posts :)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Hey, classik, watch your double, triple and quadruple posting, d00d- there's an edit button for a reason. Posts merged.

HELP

I already have a hardmodded pandora battery and i am almost done making the magic memory stick with this guide. I am having trouble with the last command propt. I have put the msipl.bin where it says to put it.
this is what it says
C:\pandora\msinst> then i type what it says to type(msinst "my drive" E msipl.bin
next it says PSP MS IPL Installer
then Load IPL code msipl.bin
which is all correct so far
then it says "Can't open msipl.bin"

is there anything i did wrong or any help you can give me?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I already have a hardmodded pandora battery and i am almost done making the magic memory stick with this guide. I am having trouble with the last command propt. I have put the msipl.bin where it says to put it.
this is what it says
C:\pandora\msinst> then i type what it says to type(msinst "my drive" E msipl.bin
next it says PSP MS IPL Installer
then Load IPL code msipl.bin
which is all correct so far
then it says "Can't open msipl.bin"

is there anything i did wrong or any help you can give me?

Are you positive the msipl.bin file is located in C:\pandora\msinst ?

itsadamlikewhoa

My friend just bought an older phat PSP and it's version 3.03.

I was going to use my PSP (with custom firmware 3.52 m33-4) to make a battery and memory stick.

Do I need to buy another PSP battery and memory stick specifically for this?

... or can I just use the current ones I have in my PSP? Then revert them back once I have the custom firmware installed on my friends v3.03 PSP.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My friend just bought an older phat PSP and it's version 3.03.

I was going to use my PSP (with custom firmware 3.52 m33-4) to make a battery and memory stick.

Do I need to buy another PSP battery and memory stick specifically for this?

... or can I just use the current ones I have in my PSP? Then revert them back once I have the custom firmware installed on my friends v3.03 PSP.

You can revert the battery after the process is completed. All this does is install some files to the memory stick, so it can still be used normally after the process is completed.

I would personally recommend getting an extra battery, just so you always have one that is already converted.

Willentless

You can revert the battery after the process is completed. All this does is install some files to the memory stick, so it can still be used normally after the process is completed.

I would personally recommend getting an extra battery, just so you always have one that is already converted.

Ive seen a complete method how to do all this somewhere else, pictures and all. Would this work for a version 3.71 PSP slim?

Acerthief

Ive seen a complete method how to do all this somewhere else, pictures and all. Would this work for a version 3.71 PSP slim?

Natch, mate.

Unless you hardmod your battery, and find the illegal contents through the web,
then softmodding the battery and making the magic memory stick is impossible with a 3.71 official PSP.