• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i have a new slim psp 3.90 and i want to put custom firmware 3.90 m33 but it says i already have the latest version do i need to downgrade my psp to an earlier version? plz respond ive been trying to do this for weeks lol

You can't simply upgrade to 3.90 M33 through normal means... you need a Pandora battery and magic memory stick. Check this thread for more information:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

danno10

I have official 3.95 firmware psp, can i do this process on my brothers 3.40 OE A PSP?

After ive done this can i turn my battery back to normal?

Acerthief

I have official 3.95 firmware psp, can i do this process on my brothers 3.40 OE A PSP?

After ive done this can i turn my battery back to normal?

Yup. Hit to the guide right away :D

and the battery can be converted back to normal.

ryuhou

pandora

ive followed all the steps
but am unable to mkae a working battery
tried using 2 x original fat psps batteries psp-110

program says battery pandorized
but i turn it off
take it out
put it back in
and it jsut boots normali =\

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ive followed all the steps
but am unable to mkae a working battery
tried using 2 x original fat psps batteries psp-110

program says battery pandorized
but i turn it off
take it out
put it back in
and it jsut boots normali =\

Well did you follow the instructions to make a magic memory stick too? Also make sure you are holding UP on the d-pad while you turn the the PSP. It needs to be held until the menu comes up.

ryuhou

ye followed evry step...
and did hold up

it just boots normalli
with/ without magic memory stick
the serial on the battery never changes

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ye followed evry step...
and did hold up

it just boots normalli
with/ without magic memory stick
the serial on the battery never changes

Where did you buy the batteries from? I've noticed some sites are selling counterfeit Sony batteries that don't work with Pandora. Another person on here had one of these, and they had the same problem - couldn't change the battery serial.

bobmainn

can i downgrade on 3.95 to 3.90
if yes how i do this
and one thing more
can i play game on memory card on custom firmware 3.95

what if you already softmodded your psp battery into pandora will this still work? will I just have to do the magic memory stick thing because my psp is 3.71 m33 and it is a full brick no recovery mode

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what if you already softmodded your psp battery into pandora will this still work? will I just have to do the magic memory stick thing because my psp is 3.71 m33 and it is a full brick no recovery mode

You only have to follow the magic memory stick portion of the guide if your battery is already a Pandora.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

scanerack

Made a brick of my PSP trying to put custom themes in flash0 NOTE: wont be doing that again.....

Anyway I would just like to say many thanks for this tutorial, i followed it to the letter and I now have my little bundle if joy back up and running.

I will say I used my mates PSP cwf 3.90 M33 and had no issues running this.
I tried to run the U.P.M.S. Emerald Installer and I kept getting errors, I know this works with 3.71, but not 3.90.
So as I said thanks again......

ClueLess

I have a question. More than one unfortunately.

Have a phat PSP with firmware OE 3.95 -- would like to convert over to custom firmware.

Per the Guide -- I must have a current custom firmware to do so -- how do I go about creating a pandora's battery and magic memory stick.

I found another thread here that discusses creating a Magic Memory stick using windows XP -- and I followed the steps. I then found a article to covert the battery -- but think I did something wrong. Battery fails to hold charge. Bought new battery presently -- but I keep thinking how can I go to custom firmware.

Or is is best to use a datel tool???

Lost and confused. Trying to make this happen for my nephew. None of his friend have custom firmware.

If I use the datel tool battery -- what is the actual process and then do I follow the guide listed here?

thanks for any help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a question. More than one unfortunately.

Have a phat PSP with firmware OE 3.95 -- would like to convert over to custom firmware.

Per the Guide -- I must have a current custom firmware to do so -- how do I go about creating a pandora's battery and magic memory stick.

I found another thread here that discusses creating a Magic Memory stick using windows XP -- and I followed the steps. I then found a article to covert the battery -- but think I did something wrong. Battery fails to hold charge. Bought new battery presently -- but I keep thinking how can I go to custom firmware.

Or is is best to use a datel tool???

Lost and confused. Trying to make this happen for my nephew. None of his friend have custom firmware.

If I use the datel tool battery -- what is the actual process and then do I follow the guide listed here?

thanks for any help

Well, if you don't have a custom firmware PSP, there is no possible to way to convert the battery, other than by hardmodding it (not recommended). The Datel TOOL battery is already a Pandora so that will work... the other other thing you would need then is the magic memory stick (which I presume you already have?)

ClueLess

Thank you for the prompt reply.

So, if i get a Datel Tool Battery -- would it just be for one time or could I use this as the main battery.

I think I created the Magic Stick -- as everything occurred as the instructions indicated.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thank you for the prompt reply.

So, if i get a Datel Tool Battery -- would it just be for one time or could I use this as the main battery.

I think I created the Magic Stick -- as everything occurred as the instructions indicated.

The Datel Tool battery can't be used as a normal battery, but you can use it multiple times to install custom firmware on any PSP.

flannelfoot

I have a phat psp so i cant test it right now, but if i just stuck with the hellcat pandoras battery, can i load the 3.90 M33 firmware on the slim or do i have to make a time machine and use the firmwares on that in order to hack a slim psp?
so for eg. if i was trying to load 3.90 M33 firmware on a psp slim (using hellcat pandoras battery) that has official 3.60 firmware on it, is that possible or is this made only for phat psps