• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

_Syn

Send it to me, I'll fix it up myself.

You're kidding right? I mean MFM is respectable, but I cant just trust anyone with a picked up iPhone ;). I don't have the time to send it to you, am I looking at replacing the LCD? You guys need photos? I'll put
photos up when I get the chance. Will I be able to use the iPhone as if it were mine (if it gets fixed).

eighty4

You're kidding right? I mean MFM is respectable, but I cant just trust anyone with a picked up iPhone ;). I don't have the time to send it to you, am I looking at replacing the LCD? You guys need photos? I'll put
photos up when I get the chance. Will I be able to use the iPhone as if it were mine (if it gets fixed).
I was going to keep it for myself and fix it - for myself. No sense in throwing it away.

_Syn

I was going to keep it for myself and fix it - for myself. No sense in throwing it away.

Yeah, no sense in throwing it away. Do you live in Canada? I guess not, does Rogers cover your area? I guess not, so just so you know, I was being sarcastic about the whole "i'm gonna send it to you" ;)

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Yeah, no sense in throwing it away. Do you live in Canada? I guess not, does Rogers cover your area? I guess not, so just so you know, I was being sarcastic about the whole "i'm gonna send it to you" ;)
I live in Canada and use Rogers ;) , but you can unlock the iPhone to work with any provider in any country FYI.

mohaas05

Well I was a dumbass and tried to install Intelliscreen and now Mobilesubstrate won't load.

Guess this is a good time to try the semi-tethered version.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Apple: Apple Says Jailbreaking iPhones Is Illegal, Dammit

Apple just sent in some submissions into the US Copyright office and they have for the first time, announced that jailbreaking is illegal. Well, according to them, but not the DMCA. I think this will be fought in court. What's the chance that Apple wins?

Hellcat

Contributor
As if anyone would care if we're allowed to or not....

Besides, IIRC you can do with the stuff you bought w/e you want.... it's not that someone spreads any Apple code.... the existing FW is patched, that's all....

It's the same as with CFW on the PSP, it's legal as long as no parts/code of the original FW are (re)distributed.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
It probably won't happen. I bet the dev team unlocks it before they implement any features with it other than Nike+iPod.

_Syn

I'd rather see an untethered jailbreak first than a bluetooth hack.

No shit! Most likely, the untethered jailbreak will come out before the bluetooth hack, just because it ensures the stability of the hack itself. Also, it increases the possible things that we can use the hack for. :bored:

Colm

Bluetooth? I didn't know there was bluetooth in the ipt2g, I might consider trying to sell this one and buy a 2g if it does get used.

Brad

Yoshimi
I'm thinking of picking a ipod touch up. Any new generation in the works coming out soon I should know of?