• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware Install Guides

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
No worries on the first question. Got that sorted now. But what is popsloader and how do I use it?

It's the way to pick what version of Pops you want to use with each PSXPSP game you have on your PSP. "Pops" is the actual official PSX emulator for the PSP that's built in, and some games work better with different versions.

Montana

Sorry mate - you've lost me. How do I put popsloader on the psp to work as an application and how do I use it?

i.e. Is it an option I have to select before using different games?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Sorry mate - you've lost me. How do I put popsloader on the psp to work as an application and how do I use it?

i.e. Is it an option I have to select before using different games?

No need to be sorry, you don't know, and that's why you ask. :smile:

To install Popsloader you extract the seplugins folder from the Popsloader Update onto your memstick and then to into your recovery menu and enable the plugins. The recovery menu is accessed by completely shutting down your PSP by holding down the power button for approximately 5 seconds, then when you go to turn it back on hold the 'R' button.

Basically yes, when you go to launch a PSX game (which you can convert to work with your PSP in case you didn't know, guide HERE) it will ask you which version of Pops you want to use to load said PSX game. The option is there because some games work better on certain versions and worse or not at all on others due to the tweaking of the emulator from version to version.

Acerthief

Update'd Again.

Added the Update 4 patch, 1.5K Add-on, and Popsloader for 3.80M33.

EDIT: Added 3.80M33 Update 5 patch.
EDIT2: Deleted 3.71/3.80M33 Install guide (Had the same link with 3.90M33), Added 3.90M33 + 1.5K Add-on

Digital201

I downloaded CFW 3.80M33 v1. I dragged and dropped the update folder into the game folder. I exited USB mode and when to my memory stick and ran M33 Version 3.80. It then said Verifying 3.80 PBP... Cannot open file (0x80010002). What can I do to update to 3.80? I have CFW 3.71M33-2 now. Can I format my magic memory stick and make it so it flashes to 3.80M33?

Acerthief

I downloaded CFW 3.80M33 v1. I dragged and dropped the update folder into the game folder. I exited USB mode and when to my memory stick and ran M33 Version 3.80. It then said Verifying 3.80 PBP... Cannot open file (0x80010002). What can I do to update to 3.80? I have CFW 3.71M33-2 now. Can I format my magic memory stick and make it so it flashes to 3.80M33?

Format your memory stick, and perhaps download the 380.PBP again.
And sure you can make your stick into the magic memory stick, and still use it as a normal one. :D

handsome1968

Hi, Need everyone help .. I accidentally install version 3.93. Then all my games gone.. can anyone teach me how to revert back to my old version3.73 m33?? Pls...

Acerthief

Hi, Need everyone help .. I accidentally install version 3.93. Then all my games gone.. can anyone teach me how to revert back to my old version3.73 m33?? Pls...

Pandora/Universal Unbricker is your only way mate.

legion22

hey every one im axel . . . . im a bit confused on a problem im having with my psp i need help
u c recently i updated my psp to 3.90 and i discovered emulators and apps 4 the psp after that ( now nothing works not even when i thought the solution of my problem is custom firmware every app
or anything similar like a cf installer or a downgrader wont work - the psp sends a message : the game couldnot be started 80020148 ) plz help

e_s_hoe

hi just wondering if anyone can help.

I upgraded my 3.40 OE-A firmware to 3.80 m33-5 weeks ago using UPMS and it worked fine. I'm not sure whether my battery is still a Pandora's battery, because I can't remember whether I followed the instructions to change the battery back into a normal one.

Here's what I did, I went to the XMB, had an itchy hand and pressed "Format Memory Stick" in System Options. I still could play my game after i formatted (without switching it off) but when i switched it off i couldn't reach the XMB menu anymore. It just switched on with a black screen. (it's bricked right?)

Just wondering what do I need and the things to do to rectify this.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi just wondering if anyone can help.

I upgraded my 3.40 OE-A firmware to 3.80 m33-5 weeks ago using UPMS and it worked fine. I'm not sure whether my battery is still a Pandora's battery, because I can't remember whether I followed the instructions to change the battery back into a normal one.

Here's what I did, I went to the XMB, had an itchy hand and pressed "Format Memory Stick" in System Options. I still could play my game after i formatted (without switching it off) but when i switched it off i couldn't reach the XMB menu anymore. It just switched on with a black screen. (it's bricked right?)

Just wondering what do I need and the things to do to rectify this.

Do you have any plugins enabled? Hold R while booting up your PSP to check...

If so disable them.

legion22

ok but how to do it ? all these hombrew videos r driving me crazy cuz after i do my battery i dont even know how to use and whether it needs to be recovered or it needs a magic ms to work with it ya3ni i need a step by step guide for ultimate noobs

e_s_hoe

I don't see anything when i hold R when i boot... It's still a black screen. It's bricked? ='( lol. I'm not sure abt what to do to unbrick it though, i see alot of webbies saying pandoras battery and stuff but i dun know which to follow.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't see anything when i hold R when i boot... It's still a black screen. It's bricked? ='( lol. I'm not sure abt what to do to unbrick it though, i see alot of webbies saying pandoras battery and stuff but i dun know which to follow.

Well you need a working PSP to convert a battery to Pandora.

Are you sure your battery isn't a Pandora already though? That could explain why its not booting up. Try starting your PSP with only the AC Adapter inserted (no battery).

e_s_hoe

heyy it started up! :w00t:
but now im not sure where the problem lies :confused1:

i think my battery's a pandora, once i put it into the PSP it switches on automatically.
does it screw up when my battery's a pandora and my firmware is 3.80 m33-5?
the weird thing is, it worked fine until i pressed "Format Memory Stick" in the XMB menu under System Options...

Thanks btw~!

@legion22
did u upgrade to 3.90 custom firmware or 3.90 official firmware?
this guide is kinda noob-friendly i used this to upgrade mine to 3.80 m33-5
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/580254

e_s_hoe

argh i tried changing it to a normal battery using UPMS but it still didn't work.

i changed my battery from "Service Mode" (sounds like a pandora) and i pressed the option to change it to a normal battery... the XMB doesn't come on with the battery though.

It boots only with the AC adaptor. <-- Cancel last, sorry! now it works with the battery too. Lol. Thanks x3sphere!

ShadowDemon

Hi x3sphere and crew,

I followed your guide and has worked up to 3.90 m33-3

Trying to upgrade to the 1.50-2 Kernel for the PSP Phat
getting a message saying "Incorrect or Inexistant 150.pbp"

Guessing i need to download the [150.pbp] file aswell
When i do, do i chuck it into the psp/update folder.

So far PSP works fine without the Kernel update and as said guide works great
just getting a little nervy as I get to the end.

Cheers,

ShadowDemon