• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FIFA World Cup 2010

Joey

They're a little more than slightly annoying when you can barely hear announcers over them, and hear them for literally 90 minutes straight all game, every game. They are beyond ridiculous. I would put them about on par with the holocaust.

I can hear the announcers just fine. I can barely hear the vuvuzelas.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I've noticed the vuvuzela noise is worse in some matches then it is in others. Sometimes you can barely hear them, others it gets really fucking annoying.

I guess it just depends on what games you watch. To each their own, some people can stand it but I can't, its one of those little things that annoys you.

eldiablov

Contributor
I've noticed the vuvuzela noise is worse in some matches then it is in others. Sometimes you can barely hear them, others it gets really fucking annoying.

I guess it just depends on what games you watch. To each their own, some people can stand it but I can't, its one of those little things that annoys you.

In the most recent England match you could barely hear it above the fan's chants, it was great.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think I read that only one of the stadiums has the broadcast filtered to some degree for that sound.

Joey

Cannot wait for Ghana tomorrow. I haven't been this giddy and anxious since the Super Bowl.

Well, i've cooled down a little after Italy's absurdly shitty performance; I really don't have much more to say about it. Left at the 60th minute out of pure disgrace, really.

In other news, I watched the Portugal V Brazil match. Very nice football played there, despite the lack of goals scored. Brazil pretty much had possession the whole time, but Portugal really used the possession they did have to make some nice shots.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
England are getting their asses handed to them right now :|

edit: WTF, I just typed this and England scored one and got another badly annuled :|

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah, I'm in a state of disbelief at the moment. We play like school kids for half hour then turn into a world class side for 10 minutes. That call was absolutely terrible but England deserve to be losing.

Dan

Contributor
You can't blame the ref to be honest, he was at an angle where it wasn't clear. But from the side, that was really blatently in.

We have another half to go, don't lose hope yet.

Moose

Meta Moose
It's terrible that the goal can't be reconsidered. If you take Tennis as an example, all a player has to do is challenge the Umpire and whatever was annulled or disallowed is reconsidered. I believe that England should be given the goal on the grounds that a mistake was made by the linesman.

Dan

Contributor
I remember the 2002 World Cup final against Brazil. It was a pretty similar situation, England got a obvious goal in but it wasn't counted. We drew, went into a penalty shootout..

..And lost :(

Moose

Meta Moose
Also, people are saying that FIFA should employ 'goal line technology'. Why? The goal was caught undeniably from three camera angles as going over the line by about two yards - perhaps even more. This isn't a case of a lack of technology, it's simply a rule of football that should be made redundant (the referee's word should NOT be final).

Riorio99

Oh well, we can dream at least. There's still plenty of time for us to pull this back.

And now it's 4-1 to Germany. Well that's not very good.

Dan

Contributor
Haha, wow. We're playing so poorly. We left one defender at the back as three Germans ran up.

Bye bye World Cup.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
The goal could have balanced things, but instead it's 4-1. Ouch... Sorry buds =\

eldiablov

Contributor
England is a side comprised of players that play day in, day out in one of the top leagues in the world who are paid millions to play at the world cup.

This is also a side that cannot defend, cannot take a throw on, struggle to defend a counter attack and have a 'star' striker who has had one half decent shot on goal for the whole tournament.

England deserve to go home, they were an absolute embarrassment to this country.

Moving away from that, there is an obvious question about why 'goal line technology' or any suitable alternative has still not been considered. The answer is this man:

02a983c6e4e1954b0d3b37403bc3621a.jpeg

Riorio99

That was shocking, utterly shocking. One of the favourites to win, and yet we were still completely demolished by a side that we should have at least drawn against. Every one of them should be completely ashamed.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
This sport needs some level of replay. So many shitty calls I've seen and I am barely even watching this.