• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
what is your view on these topics?
i'd like to have a friendly discussion.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
gay rights- They deserve the same legal rights as others. my thought is, if gays are denied a right because they are gay, its only a few steps to someone telling me i dont get rights because im disabled(cerebral palsy)

abortion - strongly opposed personally, and I see it as taking away the option of life, although, i wont vote against it.

homaki

I have no problems with gays. They're human beings like straight people are and they should have access to the same rights. I've had my days of homophobia and I've grown up since then and there's nothing wrong with what they are doing. I support gay marriage as well and if they want to adopt kids so much the better. Its not like the kid is going to go gay since his/her parents are.

I do not support abortion in any way because when I think about it would I like it if my life was cut short before I even came out of my mother's womb? Some argue that the child isn't considered a child at such an early stage but I think the fetus has a right to live. As long as there is something growing it is a living organism. Even if the child is conceived from bad circumstances such as rape or being too young, there's always options for adoption.

hippie

Gays - Its still a relationship that may merit a marriage regardless of the gender of the participants

Abortion - Womans choice 100% its her body

ChurchedAtheist

hippie said:
Abortion - Womans choice 100% its her body
I feel that if the father would love and care for the child, he should have some say.

hippie

its her body so if he cared about his offspring he shouldn't have gone and impregnated a girl thats not ready for a child

mohaas05

hippie said:
its her body so if he cared about his offspring he shouldn't have gone and impregnated a girl thats not ready for a child
You make it sound as if he intentionally impregnated someone.

Abortion should be a consideration for both members of a couple, but nearly all of the decision rights should lay with the woman since she is carrying the baby.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Gays - Don't really care. They can get married if they want to. They have the same rights as everybody else.

Abortion - The woman should have a choice.

Robby

Los Doyers!
hippie said:
The girl shouldnt have sex unless she knows there a chance she would get pregnant.

Seth

MD Party Room
Pro Life...

I cant stand any life being killed....

Tho is will only mean my fear of Idiocracy coming true...

Trigun

EndUnknown said:
gay rights- They deserve the same legal rights as others. my thought is, if gays are denied a right because they are gay, its only a few steps to someone telling me i dont get rights because im disabled(cerebral palsy)

abortion - strongly opposed personally, and I see it as taking away the option of life, although, i wont vote against it.
I agree with your view on gay rights, people shouldn't be denied rights only because of their personal preferences. Telling someone they can't be gay and married is like going to blockbuster and them telling you , that you can only rent VHS tapes and not DVDs, they are taking away the freedom to choose.

*hope you all understand the analogy*:neutral:

homaki

Trigun said:
I agree with your view on gay rights, people shouldn't be denied rights only because of their personal preferences. Telling someone they can't be gay and married is like going to blockbuster and them telling you , that you can only rent VHS tapes and not DVDs, they are taking away the freedom to choose.

*hope you all understand the analogy*:neutral:
EDIT: Yeah I get it, like you can't get the best stuff like everybody else has the right to, but then again are VHS still rented?? They're pretty dead nowadays.

Trigun

homaki said:
Wouldn't it be the other way around? You can only rent DVDs and not VHS? Like you don't deserve the best like everyone else but rather the crap and outdated?
i guess, but my point was that you can't get the best which is marriage, you are only allowed the rear end of the stick which is VHS=domestic partnership

Mast3r_Shak3

Gay marriage - I support it, they're people with rights so they deserve equality regardless of sexuality. Nuff said.
Abortion - I do, it's more of a case to case basis based on moral values of the person and shouldn't have any form of restriction/regulation based on federal laws or acts or whatever.

JEMdev

i think we should lynch the homophobic

metaphorically speaking
thats not a direct threat

ChurchedAtheist

JEMdev said:
i think we should lynch the homophobic

metaphorically speaking
thats not a direct threat
better yet, have them become GREAT friends with someone, then disclose the fact that they are gay. that is actually what got me out of the "eww... gay is creepy" that i grew up in.

hippie

QuickJay said:
The girl shouldnt have sex unless she knows there a chance she would get pregnant.

she has a choice to terminate unlike the father so if all shit hits the fan for her she can simply have it aborted

Colm

Gay rights: It is incorrect to disallow gay people to have a relationship simply because they are gay. end of.
Abortion: In certain cases. I'm generally pro-life, but in cases of rape, teenage pregnancy etc. they should be allowed.

Serideth

Gay rights I fully support, there is no reason to have anything against.

As for abortion I think it's a disgusting cowardly way out and I personally detest it, but having said that why should I dictate to others what to do, or the government for that matter, it's not up to us.