• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
[YT]1GEI7HKE_D4[/YT]

makes a brilliant case for gay marriage w/ the analogy of left/right handedness.

_Seven

when gays are enslaved for two hundred years so they can be forced to pick fruitcakes while some guy from texas rides around in a cart whipping them shouting "work harder you god damn queerosexuals!" then gay is the new black.
That was pretty funny, lol.

But in all seriousness, I meant "Gay is the new black" as a statement bringing up the fact of the disenfranchisement of the gay population. Just as the black were in the early, and in some cases, current times in America.

Slasher

Suck It
Gay people can have all the rights they want. It still wont make me respect them.
After reading your post as a whole you seem to have a general disrespectful view of gay people because:
A) Being gay is different from the civil rights issue. [Yet you fail, by providing an example that contradicts your point. Gay people are just people at the end of the day as well. They are not scary, as much as you'd like to believe]
B) It is "unnaturel" [This "unnaturel"ness that you speak of is absolute horse shit]
Read this:
I'm astounded by conservatives and religious rightists who talk about homosexuality as being unnatural. This is really not even a debate anymore. Somehow they've managed to keep the debate alive, much the same way that they - the religious rightists, the exact same people - have been allowed to keep the debate over evolution alive. We know homosexuality is natural because we've studied it and found it in wild animals and in all human populations. It expresses itself in around ten percent of a given human population. The only variance in that is the extent to which homosexuals are allowed to admit their homosexuality. So in Iran, for example, we don't have any real way to challenge the notion that homosexuality doesn't exist because if an Iranian admitted their homosexuality, they'd be promptly carted off and killed, tortured, or imprisoned for the rest of their life. What I find so astounding is that these people who say homosexuality is unnatural almost always say that it is also a choice. That is a very poorly thought out position.
C) Because they aren't manly. [What exactly is your definition of 'manly'? The stereotypical one? lmao, oh the irony fits well with your stereotypical gay view]

Being gay is a unnaturel. The whole definition of being masculine and famine exists for a reason. Being gay messes up this balance. Now i know what you guys are thinking. But being gay is about loving someone of the same sex. That might be true but look deeper then that. How come a vast majority of gay men act like women. Why is that a stereotype. Because thats exactly what being gay leads to.
Going off of what was quoted by me above, homosexuality has been observed in all types of cultures and all types of life. Animals have been studied and have shown acts of homosexuality, whether you like it or not. It happens, so what makes that unnatural? Sure, it can be viewed as an anomaly, but why does it have to be? There's no reason for it to be

And ask any women who has gay friends. She doesnt respect them. They are just tools, her way to find good clothing and look better. Girls would never have sex with a gay men. Why because they themselves dont respect gay people in the same way they would respect a straight manly man.
Completely, utterly, totally, false.
"She doesn't respect them" - Give me a BREAK. If they're friends, I'm sure they know enough to respect each other.
Your reasoning is absolutely astounding, though it doesn't surprise me as this is the general ultra conservative view on homosexuality. Why people honestly believe it though is beyond me, I suppose it all stems off from your value system which tbh seems corrupted beyond rationality.

And as a man i cant respect gay people because they dont act manly. Its really as simple as that. So go ahead give them all the rights they want. They might eventually stop people calling them fags in public but they will never gain respect.
As a man, I can respect them as much as I respect any other human being.

So because they don't supposedly act "manly" (which isn't necessarily always true), you aren't going to respect them? Forgive me for acting on impulse, but you're pathetic. Not all gay people act 'feminine', in fact I've met gay people in the real world who act just as you and I do.
I'm not sure where you're from but people in my area don't openly call homosexuals "fags", that's just plain disrespectful and rude. The origin of the word "Fag" and how it is applied to gay people is sickening. Gay people here at least are generally respected as any other person deserves to be.

Also, I purposely didn't address this, but how come your vision of gay people automatically points to men? What about females? Do they fall under your same stereotypical category?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Urgh Slasher. I deleted that post and you still just HAD to reply. Since you put so much thought and effort into your post, I will let it stay, but further posts referencing the deleted one will be deleted too.

His post was purely flamebait, so please don't take it seriously.

Slasher

Suck It
Urgh Slasher. I deleted that post and you still just HAD to reply. Since you put so much thought and effort into your post, I will let it stay, but further posts referencing the deleted one will be deleted too.

His post was purely flamebait, so please don't take it seriously.

Ahh, I didn't even realize his was deleted. Sorry about that