• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Mr. Beefy said:
What if my god says otherwise?
yeah. my God finds straight sex to be a sin, because it makes whiny poop machines. :p

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
EndUnknown said:
yeah. my God finds straight sex to be a sin, because it makes whiny poop machines. :p

My question was meant to be more rhetorical. Who cares what your religion says about anything? Unless gays getting married directly affects you (It doesn't.) then gtfo.

Adiuvo

Mr. Beefy said:
What if my god says otherwise?
Then the majority would rule. Christianity is the largest religion in the world so good luck ;)

Do muslims allow gays to be married? I haven't heard about their point of view on this front.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Adiuvo said:
Then the majority would rule. Christianity is the largest religion in the world so good luck ;)

Do muslims allow gays to be married? I haven't heard about their point of view on this front.

Homosexuality in islam is forbidden, which i think is a good thing.

FreePlay

Greyone said:
I am against gay rights, and I don't think we should redefine marriage.It's wrong and not what God intended.
Absolutely! With his first people, God defined marriage in the Bible as between a man and several women. We should stick with that!!

_Seven

If anyone has the guts to get married, they should be allowed. Not every married couple is a Christian, those with the religion should stick to their guns. If it doesn't affect you directly, then don't bitch and whine about it.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
[yt]7352ZVMKBQM[/yt]

I find it ridiculous that some school curriculum is being re written so that it does not mention anything about a man and a woman being married, or a child having a mother and a father. Supposedly it offends gay parents and their children. Yet, they can talk about gays in it.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Mr. Beefy said:
Why?

To clarify, why do you think it's a good thing?
Homosexuality is not natural. Homosexuals would claim that they were born that way, it is genetic, but it has been disproved by scientists that it could occur. People will always find a justification for something that they will find enjoyable, studies have shown that children of homosexuals are no more likely to be homosexual than any other children.

Same sex marriage doesn't do any good too, various sorts of health issues and diseases could happen.

If you love another man it would be best to just stay as friends.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Nero said:
Homosexuality is not natural.
I didn't know everyone followed the same code of ethics and morals.
Homosexuals would claim that they were born that way, it is genetic, but it has been disproved by scientists that it could occur.
Sources.
People will always find a justification for something that they will find enjoyable,
So just because you disagree with someone's lifestyle according to your religion, it should be banned?
studies have shown that children of homosexuals are no more likely to be homosexual than any other children.
Ok?
Same sex marriage doesn't do any good too, various sorts of health issues and diseases could happen.
Goes both ways, do you think heterosexuals never get "health issues and diseases"?
If you love another man it would be best to just stay as friends.
You got a lot of balls trying to tell people how to live.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Nero said:
studies have shown that children of homosexuals are no more likely to be homosexual than any other children.
I feel bad for children with homosexual parents. :(
Not having one of each parent really affects them

Just the other day my mom came home talking about a boy crying at her school because he didn't have a mom, only two dads.

JEMdev

there's one problem with gay marriage

who the fuck am i supposed to tell to get back in the kitchen?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Im just following my religion, and i just happen to agree with everything what the islamic law states.

Also about abortion, i again agree with the islamic law that abortion is only permissible if for example, the mother has been raped, or if its a life or death situation between the two then the mother has to be saved first.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Greyone said:
I feel bad for children with homosexual parents. :(
Not having one of each parent really affects them

Just the other day my mom came home talking about a boy crying at her school because he didn't have a mom, only two dads.
Yeah seriously, how would it feel to have two dads? You just don't get that same love and affection that a mother would give.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Nero said:
Yeah seriously, how would it feel to have two dads? You just don't get that same love and affection that a mother would give.

Because God knows that kids never grow up with a single parent.

JEMdev

Nero said:

what about lesbos

thats twice the motherly luv

Joey

Nero said:
Wow, I didn't know you were a moron.

More than 50% of marriges end in divorce, and there are millions of widows and widowers out there...

And that's not even counting kids who have abusive parents, or don't even have any.

Being gay isn't natural? Bullsh*t, being gay just isn't accepted because bullsh*t religions have brainwashed people into thinking it's not natural.

The only somewhat legitimate argument I hear about why homosexuality isn't natural is that only a male and female can procreate... So what? Why does everything come down to reproduction? We have six and a half billion fucking people on this earth. If there is a God, and he is infallible, don't you think he would see that coming? The planet is over populated, and millions of children live life with out parental leadership. Are you saying you would rather see those kids grow up parentless, than with two males parents (or two females)? Isn't it just too perfect to be a coincidence? Here we have millions of gay couples, couples that can't reproduce, and we have millions of kids who, for one reason or another, have no parents.

If there is a God, and he truly rejects homosexuality, then he absolutely sucks at his job. This is not the kind of work one would expect from a supreme being.

At the end of the day, everything you read and base your beliefs on are words written by extremely selfish and fallible men. If there is a God, surely he created homosexuality, and did it for a reason, or there is no God, and sexual preference is just something we don't understand. I personally don't believe it's as black and white as "Gay" and "Straight"...

If God does exist, then allowed homosexuality to exist, and if he allowed it strictly to be something to be ridiculed, then he is a horrible God, and probably wouldn't be able to keep a job a McDonalds.