• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

JEMdev

i consider the teenage pregnant to be degenarates that should get no help from the government or schools

we had a girl at my school who had a fucking kid and graduated a year early, and she wasn't a good student to begin with, the school passed her through because she needed to graduate and get a job to fund the little bastard. That isn't fair

homosexuality is moral
abortion in the case of rape is moral

teenage pregnancy is IMMORAL in my book

be responsible and use a goddamn condom
or even better go get the pill

if your parents won't let you get the pill they don't deserve rights as parents.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
JEMdev said:
i consider the teenage pregnant to be degenarates that should get no help from the government or schools

we had a girl at my school who had a fucking kid and graduated a year early, and she wasn't a good student to begin with, the school passed her through because she needed to graduate and get a job to fund the little bastard. That isn't fair

homosexuality is moral
abortion in the case of rape is moral

teenage pregnancy is IMMORAL in my book

be responsible and use a goddamn condom
or even better go get the pill

if your parents won't let you get the pill they don't deserve rights as parents.
so the child should suffer through an awful childhood of poverty because the parent is a moron?

JEMdev

EndUnknown said:
so the child should suffer through an awful childhood of poverty because the parent is a moron?

its a tricky situation

in all cases i think the child should be raised by the state or placed with a foster family

preferably foster family, i'm quite pro-adoption

teenage parents aren't stable enough to raise a child

18-19 maybe

but when were talking 14 and 16 year old girls, i've seen the results and they aren't pretty

and besides that i don't like my tax dollars going towards someone elses mistake

i'm 18 and i havn't had a kid, so why should i have to pay for yours.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
JEMdev said:
teenage parents aren't stable enough to raise a child
my mom had me at 17, finished high school, and raised me(a child with cerebral palsy as well as hydrocephalus) by herself while going to college and working.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
Personal choices should remain personal. dont let the outside world change your mind, if your gay, be gay. Not just a biased opinion from a bisexual, a general opinion from someone who hates authority. Do what you wanna do. even if it is man on man or woman on woman. Fight for your right.
If your pregnant and dont want it, by all means get rid of it. if your that irresponible in the first place its the least you can do not only for yourself but for the unborn child. it doesnt need an irresponsible parent. and we dont need any extra council riders thanks very much. thats coming form a council rider, so once again no real bias. if you think you can handle it then by all means try. if it is going to be a risk to your health then termination is something you would consider. easy as that.

Sullivan

I am against gay rights and pro abortion.

But I also feel that one has freedom to do whatever they choose to do in life.

TacticalPenguin

JEMdev said:
in all cases i think the child should be raised by the state or placed with a foster family

preferably foster family, i'm quite pro-adoption
and besides that i don't like my tax dollars going towards someone elses mistake
What a joke.

Shatterdome

I like to eat an apple and an orange every day....

On both topics I think it's up to the individuals involved.....obviously gay rights is a no brainer, there is nothing to lose in giving them what they want.

Abortion is abit different, as you are talking about a potential life, but I think if both people involved feel they cannot/do not want to raise the child, then abortion is probably the best answer. However, my mom had me at 16, can't say it was the best thing for her life, but I managed to come out all right....not a smooth life by far, but really whose life is perfect ?

Also, when you think of it, if you are against abortion baised on the sole fact that you beleive this embryo could turn into a little baby, well so could every sperm that is wasted durring masturbation, as well as every egg that is wasted durring a woman's menstrual cycle.....should menstration and masturbation be illegal...."that's just ridiculous".....but hey, we don't want to be wasting any potential lives here, and just because they are not gestating, doesn't mean a sperm or an egg is any less "alive" than an embryo.....

NYYFAN

Sullivan said:
I am against gay rights and pro abortion.

But I also feel that one has freedom to do whatever they choose to do in life.

Contradict yourself much?

How can you be against gay rights, meaning you do not think gay be should have rights like marriage, but you feel they are free to do whatever they chose in life? Maybe I misread this wrong but I am reading it as you want people to be free to do what they chose but can not have the same rights as someone who choses something else.

Anyway I think gays should have equal rights as everyone.
I am anti abortion also. Pretty much I am for anything as long as it is not forced upon you nor causes injuries to people that cant think for themselves or fully grasp the situation( old people, small children etc.)

JEMdev

TacticalPenguin said:
What a joke.

i was about harsh on the state care thing

but i am harshly pro adoption

if more people adopted there wouldn't be so many children being held by the state.

and i'm not really saying some teen pregnancies won't work out

but i've personally never seen one first hand work out

in the short or long term

all the ones in my family have turned into thieves or drug addicts or both

and most of the cases i see around me end either with mal nourishment, or extreme poverty.

at least the state feeds the kids.

TacticalPenguin

...but you don't want your tax dollars paying for peoples' mistakes.

And adoption doesn't work, there are only so many people who want to adopt other peoples' mistakes.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I am against gay rights, and I don't think we should redefine marriage.It's wrong and not what God intended.

I am against abortion, but without it, those babies are killed in even crueler ways.

ex. a couple weeks ago there was a story about a girl delivering her baby in a bathroom stall, and then drowning it in the toilet.