• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

Terra

Joey said:
How they feel doesn't matter... Unfair is unfair, and it's not their rights we're voting on...

This is equivalent to letting white people vote on abolishing slavery. Actually, with slavery white people actually got something (free labor)... In this case, it's completely spiteful. "You're gay, and I don't think you should be allowed to marry"... I don't care if that's how the majority of society feels, the majority of society can be wrong.

Once again, you have yet to acknowledge what it is heterosexual's are losing by allowing gay marriage. What these motherfuckers do in their churches is their business, but when it comes to the federal government EVERYBODY should have the same rights, period, end of fucking story. I don't care what they want, it's not fair, and it shouldn't be their choice.

I don't tell churches how to run their shit, and they shouldn't be telling us who the fuck we can and cannot marry.

Well, I've made my point. If "Marriage" is going to define your relationship, then so be it.

You ought to consider a few facts about "Marriage".
It's has taken on Hoodoo proportions with about a 40% failure rate.
The legal cost of these separations is staggering.
I hope you're ready for the aftermath when your relationship goes sour, (& nobody dreams it will go sour when they commit) & you are tossed into this legal thrashing machine, because someone will come out richer (Maybe, after legal costs) & someone will come out poorer, but both will come out resentful.
Then the divisiveness will emerge, along with the paranoia of fidelity.

"Marriage" means a legal obligation, which gives the system rights. Rights to invade. That is, a right to adjudicate on the integrity of the union, & it's perception of a just dissolution.
When this becomes a player, it hovers like a disenfranchised mother-in-law, & is a major player in why marriages fail.
It is the single most common reason that Defacto relationships (The ones you are trying to get out of) have been on the increase for the last 25 years.
People are a lot more skeptical about engaging partners for long periods, to protect their estates.
The heterosexual society has become a lot more promiscuous because of it.

I have a friend that has bought his own home back 3 times, all from lovely people that simply wanted something different. He died a saddened & much poorer man.
Be careful what you wish for.
Your call. Good luck.

Joey

Terra said:
Well, I've made my point. If "Marriage" is going to define your relationship, then so be it.

You ought to consider a few facts about "Marriage".
It's has taken on Hoodoo proportions with about a 40% failure rate.
The legal cost of these separations is staggering.
I hope you're ready for the aftermath when your relationship goes sour, (& nobody dreams it will go sour when they commit) & you are tossed into this legal thrashing machine, because someone will come out richer (Maybe, after legal costs) & someone will come out poorer, but both will come out resentful.
Then the divisiveness will emerge, along with the paranoia of fidelity.

"Marriage" means a legal obligation, which gives the system rights. Rights to invade. That is, a right to adjudicate on the integrity of the union, & it's perception of a just dissolution.
When this becomes a player, it hovers like a disenfranchised mother-in-law, & is a major player in why marriages fail.
It is the single most common reason that Defacto relationships (The ones you are trying to get out of) have been on the increase for the last 25 years.
People are a lot more skeptical about engaging partners for long periods, to protect their estates.
The heterosexual society has become a lot more promiscuous because of it.

I have a friend that has bought his own home back 3 times, all from lovely people that simply wanted something different. He died a saddened & much poorer man.
Be careful what you wish for.
Your call. Good luck.
Oh, dude, I have zero interest in marriage. I think I should also mention that I'm a heterosexual, so I also have no real stake in weather Prop. 8 gets held up. I just believe in equal human rights, even if I don't benefit from them.

I mean yeah, personally, I have no idea why anybody would want to get married. I really don't think there is much of a benefit.

But, once again, that's my personal opinion, and just because that's what I believe, I'm not going to try and impose my beliefs on anybody else. Fact is, these couples want the ability to get married, and they should have that right. They deserve the same rights as anybody else. Even if it's more of a trap, they have a right to fall into that trap, if the so choose.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Hiratai: At that point in time I had a misunderstanding of satanism. I wasn't even considering satanism because I misunderstood satanism with heresy. Because I am atheist. I think the Bible is just a bunch of stories. You hear a story from someone and it gets passed on to another. It's bound to be skewed. That's what the Bible, Torah, and Qur'an are too me. If you don't like it. Too bad. Either way. You are just as much of a sinner than I, or anyone else for that matter. You've given more than one person, a material promise to give them something. That's why I blocked you. Because you are full of shit.

On topic: This is a delicate subject for a lot of people. Some people have friends who are gay. Some wish to see them at peace to be able to have a certificate that says that they are together. That they have proof of their love. And are willing seal out any other options. There are religious people who are gay. No one wishes to be gay. I say that because it has a social consequence. I'm not condemning homosexuals. I just wish to see true equality between others. And I'll be damned if I'm going to have some religious asshole condemn others and make laws. This country is supposed to be secular and god and religion should not play any part in the laws whatsoever.

eighty4

TheMysteriousThug said:
Hiratai: At that point in time I had a misunderstanding of satanism. I wasn't even considering satanism because I misunderstood satanism with heresy. Because I am atheist. I think the Bible is just a bunch of stories. You hear a story from someone and it gets passed on to another. It's bound to be skewed. That's what the Bible, Torah, and Qur'an are too me. If you don't like it. Too bad. Either way. You are just as much of a sinner than I, or anyone else for that matter. You've given more than one person, a material promise to give them something. That's why I blocked you. Because you are full of shit.

On topic: This is a delicate subject for a lot of people. Some people have friends who are gay. Some wish to see them at peace to be able to have a certificate that says that they are together. That they have proof of their love. And are willing seal out any other options. There are religious people who are gay. No one wishes to be gay. I say that because it has a social consequence. I'm not condemning homosexuals. I just wish to see true equality between others. And I'll be damned if I'm going to have some religious asshole condemn others and make laws. This country is supposed to be secular and god and religion should not play any part in the laws whatsoever.

That is hilarious. You blocked me because I put a damper on what you had to say and don't liek what i have to say.

:tup:

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Hiratai said:
That is hilarious. You blocked me because I put a damper on what you had to say and don't liek what i have to say.

:tup:

No. It was your false promises. That I found you were promising to more than one person. I don't like bullshitters.

eighty4

TheMysteriousThug said:
No. It was your false promises. That I found you were promising to more than one person. I don't like bullshitters.
Wait, you first say you blocked me for something I said in this thread and now you say you blocked me for something that happened 2 years ago?

THAT'S hilarious.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
TheMysteriousThug said:

You said I said what?

eighty4

I was thinking since you posted in this thread on gay views, I figured you ere speaking on me thinking heterosexuals have the promise of marriage and homosexuals do not.

But hell, what was I thinking? ext time I'll make sure to connect that you totally go off topic in your posts.

eighty4

It's more of how you talk about the Bible then it's like you wondered off into a daze and just starting stating old facts. For a 16 year old, you'd figure you could AT LEAST have some hold of the English language and how to properly use it.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Hiratai said:
It's more of how you talk about the Bible then it's like you wondered off into a daze and just starting stating old facts. For a 16 year old, you'd figure you could AT LEAST have some hold of the English language and how to properly use it.

You said I said what now?

TheMysteriousThug said:

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Hiratai said:
So you mean to tell me, if you stole something 2 years ago, and hadn't done anything since - you're a stealer?

Kid - hilarious.

No. It's if you make a career on stealing. But my issues with you have to do with the fact that you actually promised EriCKY a 360 because apparently you worked at a factory and you could get as many as you want and that you were actually saying you would get me an R4. Which I highly doubt then was genuine and even now. I have a problem with scum like you.

eighty4

Of course my career is on stealing and I'm not behind bars. Are you like - inept in anyway or just ignorant?

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
No. But if you were making a career out of stealing. And haven't stolen sense. Then I would call that a reformed stealer

eighty4

So basically you're saying that you shun anyone who has stolen once before in their life is a bad person?

You won't make it anywhere in life.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Hiratai said:
So basically you're saying that you shun anyone who has stolen once before in their life is a bad person?

You won't make it anywhere in life.

Nope. I shun people who are assholes to me and people I consider friends.

I once stole bubble gum from KMart when I was 3.

eighty4

TheMysteriousThug said:
Nope. I shun people who are assholes to me and people I consider friends.

I once stole bubble gum from KMart when I was 3.
But when you become the asshole, you just view it as "ok"? Kid, you're filled with double standards.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I try to avoid being an asshole as much as possible. I don't get enjoyment out of being an asshole either if someone sees me that way. And if I am an asshole. I have the COMMON SENSE. To APOLOGIZE.

eighty4

TheMysteriousThug said:
I try to avoid being an asshole as much as possible. I don't get enjoyment out of being an asshole either if someone sees me that way. And if I am an asshole. I have the COMMON SENSE. To APOLOGIZE.
When was apologizing considered common sense? I don't know if you've read or heard of just impead on being that ONE ignorant kid, but I apologized to those people along while ago on a dupe account QJ. FOr those who read it, only saw it for 3 days and then the site was hacked and a back up was restored to a few weeks before the day.

Anything else you want to try and act liek you know? You obviously have no sense on what I'm trying to get through your head as you're too stuck in that ditch on whatever you're parents have raised you on. Apparently they taught you, "you steal it's ok - but shun those who do it to others".

I'm ending this, if you want to continue, PM me on IRC.