• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea when the online marketplace first came out, someone found out how to get it for free.

But it doesn't look good.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So how is the new ranking system after the title update? I should be around to play tonight if anyone wants to get together.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Seems nice. I'm level 2 after playing 2 games.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
The new update is pretty cool, Im a lvl 6 already. Im a lot better with the shotgun now haha

Joey

All the weapons appear to be fixed. I can actually down people with the Hammerburst again, and the hit detection on the Shotgun appears to be a lot better.

I don't get the ranking system though. I've been matched up with level 20-30 guys, so it's not for matchmaking, and you don't unlock any weapons or anything, ala Call of Duty 4. Out side of new achievements, it seems completely useless.

But yeah, the combat seems fixed, and I was back to my ass kicking ways. At least until douchebags like Hippie figure out how to game the system, and find something else to exploit.

I'm still at level 1 after 3 games, but that was because after the second game, I quit before everybody was booted back to the lobby, and I got an "early quit penalty", even though I already got the pop-up saying I leveled up, and got the experience points. It seems like once that registers, I should be able to bounce. Not so.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I only had time to play for about a half hour last night and I agree that the combat is better. There was just too much good basketball on to not watch it.

Joey

I only had time to play for about a half hour last night and I agree that the combat is better. There was just too much good basketball on to not watch it.
Yeah, I'm debating weather I want to watch UL, Arizona, or play more Gears tonight. I doubt I could do both.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm all over the UNC/Gonzaga game. I've got Gonzaga going to the final four on one of my brackets this year and if they make it, I'll be a lock for some winnings. (I've got Louisville winning it all, but UCONN looks pretty damn strong at the moment.)

Joey

I'm all over the UNC/Gonzaga game. I've got Gonzaga going to the final four on one of my brackets this year and if they make it, I'll be a lock for some winnings. (I've got Louisville winning it all, but UCONN looks pretty damn strong at the moment.)

Gonzaga is one of the most confusing teams I've seen. They're probably the most talented team I've seen this year, yet they kept losing to teams like Utah, and Portland State.

I love that Heytvelt kid, and it seems like Jeremy Pargo's been there for 8 years.

The only reason I want to see the Arizona, Louisville game though, is because UNLV beat both of them, and I'm a fucking masochist.

Robby

Los Doyers!
All the weapons appear to be fixed. I can actually down people with the Hammerburst again, and the hit detection on the Shotgun appears to be a lot better.

I don't get the ranking system though. I've been matched up with level 20-30 guys, so it's not for matchmaking, and you don't unlock any weapons or anything, ala Call of Duty 4. Out side of new achievements, it seems completely useless.

But yeah, the combat seems fixed, and I was back to my ass kicking ways. At least until douchebags like Hippie figure out how to game the system, and find something else to exploit.

I'm still at level 1 after 3 games, but that was because after the second game, I quit before everybody was booted back to the lobby, and I got an "early quit penalty", even though I already got the pop-up saying I leveled up, and got the experience points. It seems like once that registers, I should be able to bounce. Not so.
They use trueskill to match you up with players. You cant see your trueskill rank no more though. Just experience rank. So just because they are level 20 doesnt mean they are good, they could have just played alot.

Joey

They use trueskill to match you up with players. You cant see your trueskill rank no more though. Just experience rank. So just because they are level 20 doesnt mean they are good, they could have just played alot.

I know, but I don't understand what the point of the number is... If they're not going to do anything with it, then they shouldn't have even bothered with it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
It shows how long you play basically. Kinda like the call of duty ranking number. If you get enough kills/points and play awhile then your number will go up. Except in gears you cant prestige, you just get a special symbol when you reach 100.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I love this update. It plays much more like the first game.

I'm hooked again and can't wait for the new maps.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea I like it also. But more kill stealing is happening with me.
I spend quite a while to down a guy, then before I can get to him a teammate kills him.