• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 3

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Probably connecting through a laptop which is connected to the iPhone via USB or Wifi

exactly, except i take it a bit further, i have a dedicated computer connected to an iphone which is dedicated to internet only, that computer has an wireless card which connects to my router, i flashed my router to dd-wrt and changed the default route to that computer, and updated the routing information on the computer so that all traffic to it would push it out to the iphone
so, any computer/device that connects to my router is routed correctly to support tons of devices over 3G on an iphone.

also, as for your point about it being on dedicated servers, i've played several pc games which connect to dedicated servers, and have no issue, it might be the current pool of players in the beta make it difficult for me to connect, so i'll have to probably wait till the game comes out to be able to truly play the multiplayer, or just leave it going for a few hours, i'm sure if i wait long enough it'll eventually connect.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Why don't you have a proper internet connection for your 360. What you have is less than ideal, and if you can't connect to the beta's MP, you most likely won't be able to connect to the final game's MP.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
just got into the beta.
Any chances unlocking the golden lancer and football cole for retail at this point?

Any fast ways just stack my rounds?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Why don't you have a proper internet connection for your 360. What you have is less than ideal, and if you can't connect to the beta's MP, you most likely won't be able to connect to the final game's MP.
it's this, satellite, or dial up, and this is the only thing that supports online MP, with minimal lag, trust me, if anything else was available, i'd take it in a heart beat

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
just got into the beta.
Any chances unlocking the golden lancer and football cole for retail at this point?

Any fast ways just stack my rounds?

Nope, there's no fast way besides playing 100 rounds of TDM... kind of sucks for those who got in for this last week in the beta

Robby

Los Doyers!
It took me about 3 days to get trashball cole so if you just keep playing alot you should get it before the end of the beta, golden lancer is more easier if that's the only gun you use while getting cole.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
It took me about 3 days to get trashball cole so if you just keep playing alot you should get it before the end of the beta, golden lancer is more easier if that's the only gun you use while getting cole.

Nope, there's no fast way besides playing 100 rounds of TDM... kind of sucks for those who got in for this last week in the beta

Really dose suck I almost went insane.
Just did it in two days, didn't think I would make it.:argh:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I would love to but I've been putting off homework all weekend D:

Failure! Always plan ahead when games are involved! (I've been known to do work weeks in advance in preparation for a major game release or event...I'm ashamed you put your work off for so long...)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I got up to rank 29 in the beta and finished up with a 1.7 KTD and 1.7 WTL. I'm excited to get my hands on the final game because I love that they brought it back to Gears 1 speed.

Epic also announced the Limited and Collectors Edition contents today.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I plan on grabbing the LE, but I want to see what the EE gun skins look like first.

I also plan on grabbing the LE...just for the game case (I hate cheap plastic cases..). Just need to change my pre-order from Amazon when they get the LE option

Robby

Los Doyers!
Playing as Adam Fenix might be a bit weird. I keep picturing him as some scrawny scientist.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Playing as Adam Fenix might be a bit weird. I keep picturing him as some scrawny scientist.

I read the books, and he was a Gear early in his career so he has to be somewhat jacked.

Also, Amazon preorders get a Savage Kantus MP skin.
SavageKantus_large.jpg

Edit - Mechanic Baird with a Best Buy preorder.

m712p.jpg