• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSN+ Coming Tomorrow, will you sign up?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm just not seeing the value here. At $20 annual, it might be worth a look, but not at $50.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm not bothering either. I just don't have money to be tossing around right now and would much rather pick up a game I don't have/haven't played than pay for a service I may never use.

I'll pay the $50 annually for Xbox Live because I have to, but PSN is a free service and I'm cheap, so no thanks.

user friendly

Still on the fence. I guess it depends on which beta's we get access to. Qore didn't end up being worth it and I'm guessing this will end up the same way.

Bill

I'm sorry, but comparing PS+ to Qore is, without disrespect, petty. Qore is a video subscription, and can hardly be compared to a much broader type of service subscription like PS+.

I know there is not much to be offered at this time from it, but it will obviously have a lot more in the future. Remember, this is for actual gaming products, not subscription insider news, which is what Qore is.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Won't be getting this. I just want to play my games online so no need for this.

Spiros

Maiki
I'm glad I'm not the only one then!

I'm not updating either, still hoping something comes from geohot's exploit. I'm still away from my consoles(will be untill end of august) so I haven't had to fight the urge of updating.

BlackSheep

Why? Have you just got money to burn? Seriously, wait it out a couple of months for some reviews.

im geting the three month one and by just dling wipeout means i saved 3 $ and the other stuff is worth about 40
question if my sub ends will i keep the games

Dan

Contributor
I hope this doesn't affect when we original suscribers get the Resurgence pack.

Seth

MD Party Room
Some of the Deals you will be getting

PSN+ 12 months + 3 months FREE - $49.99
PSN+ 3 Months - $17.99

This is for PSN+ members ONLY:
- Free 60 minute full game trial for INFAMOUS
- Wipeout HD - FREE (Originally $19.99)
- Rally Cross (PSone game) - FREE (Originally $5.99)
- Age of Zombies (PSN Mini) - FREE (Originally $4.99)
- Warhawk Fallen Star Pack - FREE (Originally $1.99)
- Collision Theme - FREE (PSN+ Exclusive)
- Fat Princess: Fat Roles Pack - $3.99 (Originally $4.99)
- Fat Princess Blue Princess Avatar - FREE (PSN+ Exclusive)
- Fat Princess Pink Princess Avatar - FREE (PSN+ Exclusive)

Midway Deals:
- Rampage - $2.50 (Originally $4.99)
- Mortal Kombat II - $2.50 (Originally $4.99)
- Gaunlet II - $2.50 (Originally $4.99)
- Rampart - $2.50 (Originally $4.99)

TikGames/Creat Studios Deals:
- Smash Cars - $11.99 (Originally $14.99)
- Smash Cars: Virus Run Add-On - FREE (Originally $2.99)
- Mahjong Tales Ancient Wisdom - $7.99 (Originally $9.99)
- Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack - FREE (Originally $4.99)
- Cuboid - $7.99 (Originally $9.99)
- Cuboid Bundle DLC Pack - FREE (Originally $4.99)

PSN+ 1 year - $49.99 + 3 months FREE, List of Available Free Games

user friendly

I'm sorry, but comparing PS+ to Qore is, without disrespect, petty. Qore is a video subscription, and can hardly be compared to a much broader type of service subscription like PS+.

I know there is not much to be offered at this time from it, but it will obviously have a lot more in the future. Remember, this is for actual gaming products, not subscription insider news, which is what Qore is.

The only reason I purchased Qore was for the freebies you would get on occasion, not for news I could read on the internet. How is PS+ any different? Yeah there's background downloading and beta access but Qore had beta access as well and is background dl'ing really worth any money at all?

I'm not saying it isn't worth it but if you have already bought most of the freebie items like me, it really isn't worth it. If you're just getting into PSN then yes, I would recommend this.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
...you bought freebies?... :S

That is what is wrong with both PSN+ and Qore imo.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
But you loose them again, once the subscribtion runns off and is not renewed.

Rip off en gros....

I have no idea why you insist on the rip off... If you like the service (which is more than likely for the people who use it) you will renew it, therefore never lose anything. Therefore you end up getting more than you paid for.

Hellcat

Contributor
Only for as long as keep paying.
I just have a problem with that.... If I spend money on something, I like to keep it....

// EDIT
They should rename it to "PSN Rental Service" - I'd take my "Rip Off" back then....

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Only for as long as keep paying.
I just have a problem with that.... If I spend money on something, I like to keep it....

// EDIT
They should rename it to "PSN Rental Service" - I'd take my "Rip Off" back then....

They always made it clear since it was announced that it was similar do a rental... They just never used that term because it's bad business, that does not take the potential away though xD