• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslaya

I can get it to work on my psp-3001 pretty close to 1/1 everytime using the photo + langague trick. doesnt take me many tiems for 1 shot at all

Fenrir

New to the forums lol signed up after reading that there may be hope yet for my 3001, OFW 5.03 added 5 photos to the folder with the slim.tiff at the end and changed the language, it fired up the first time. Anyone have an idea as to why it wouldnt load in English?

Cheetablaze

Another nub question.. this is only for 5.03? Will this still work if i'm running the 5.02 firmware? If not then i'll just wait until a HEN can be loaded and manually upgrade to 5.03 i guess? I'm still seeing people with 1-10+ attempts to get this to load. Do you think that maybe down the road there will be a way to make it more stable giving it a higher success rate of working? Thanks and have a nice day!

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM EST ----------

I also want to know what the awesomeness will be... *shivers with goose bumps* I really hope it involves midgets and donkeys... only the imagination can make u guess what they do... lolz!

libert

Tried German and English, 100% of a time freezes, then turnes off!! :-(
PSP3001 v5.03

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM EST ----------

It might depend on the MemoryStick (size or speed maybe), my only guess. Does not work for me. :-( :-(

lihantao

These are mine
5.02 PSP-3006

ReadFileStream

ReadFileStream

deathack

So if the exploit is working, what you will see is the black screen with Hello World and few seconds later, *Speaker Crack Sound* The PSP will shut down?

Or will the Hello World screen remain on?

Fenrir

So if the exploit is working, what you will see is the black screen with Hello World and few seconds later, *Speaker Crack Sound* The PSP will shut down?

Or will the Hello World screen remain on?

One mine it stays loaded till I rip out the battery. My PSP will not power off otherwise.

deathack

One mine it stays loaded till I rip out the battery. My PSP will not power off otherwise.

Okay got it :)

With German Language, instead of 5 photos, I use 8 photos and slim.tiff as the last and 9th one. Oh and I sorted the photos using PSP Content Manager by UFox :p

Using PSP 2006 OFW 5.03

I used the subdirectory PSP/PHOTO instead of the usual PICTURE..

raing3

:w00t: Finally got it to run on my 3000. Yay first piece of homebrew my 3000 has ever run. Thanks again, also the h.bin provided by Archaemic is awesome. Like heaps of others I found it best to place other images in first and quickly scroll down to the tiff file while the images are loading. Managed to get it to work first time that way.

Slasher

Suck It
Didn't work on my PSP-3002.
Put the slim file on, tried to view it, crashed my PSP and it shut down.

You're going to need to put in more effort than that. It usually takes several attempts! Even upwards of 50 or more. There's different techniques though that may possibly increase the stability of the exploit. You can read them in this thread.

DaRKcLoUD-X

Hey Im DaRKcLoUD-X, and ive got my psp 3001 (yes 3001 :p) set up to activate the exploit everytime 100%. Its pretty awesome now I'm just waiting for some homebrew apps hehe. I was just fooling around with some files and presto! I got perfection. So yes I can confirm that it displays the eggsploit message. I wonder what specific conditions have to be met for it to activate properly? So i have my pics set up under E:/PSP/PHOTO. To make this work I just made a bunch of empty .txt files and renamed them. 4 text files seems to be the sweet spot, i suppose you could do more or less but i suggest that you try 4 or 5 to start.
So I got my 4 empty text files:
1.txt
2.txt
3.txt
4.txt

What I did with the text files is renamed them as:
slima.tif
slimb.tif
slimc.tif
slimd.tif

I then placed those in under PSP/PHOTO/
After this i created a folder under PSP/PHOTO, and named it Z.
Then, I took the slim.tif (the exploit one) and placed it in the Z folder.

So it is set up like this

"PSP/PHOTO/Z/slim.tif"

"PSP/PHOTO/slima.tif"
"PSP/PHOTO/slimb.tif"
"PSP/PHOTO/slimc.tif"
"PSP/PHOTO/slimd.tif"

So yeah, try it out it seems to work wonders for me:laugh: I don't know if renaming the files to have a .tif extention makes a difference but hey it doesn't really matter cause it works. :p Some of you guys will be happy, no more scrolling back and forth hehehe.

EDIT: Oh, by the way I have Official Firmware 5.02, No UMD in psp, default theme (color setting doesn't seem to make a difference), also no extra pictures on psp (just the slim.tif and 4 fake .tif's).

lawrence27

I have tried every trick that has been posted in this forum but i still can't get it to work, I'm loosing my temper already, I have OFW 4.21, do I need to upgrade my firmware?

By the way, I have psp3006

Adiuvo

Since the exploit was made for firmwares 5.00+, you should upgrade if you want to try it out. However, you can't really do anything with the exploit yet, so there's no need to upgrade unless you really want to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.