• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Dude, Im am so hype for this game.
Hopeful there be an LE game, I would buy it just for the extra stuff.

Slasher

Suck It
I must be the only person who thinks RE4 isn't that good. I got about 4-5 hours in and just bored.

You should see a doctor or something. I've never heard of such a phenomena :p

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
They just just drop the Resident Evil from the name and be done with it, the series really is a shadow of it's former self. I'm not saying this won't be a good game, it just won't be a Resident Evil. All the charm from the old games has been lost which really is a pity since RE was one of my favourite series ever.

They should should just re-mould it and Devil May Cry into one game again.

I kinda agree. On one hand I think RE4 was the greatest in the series and had they continued with the old formula that I would have lost interest frankly it got stale after code veronica.
And on the other, I'm a little letdown by the fact that it's not a survival horror series anymore. There isn't a single scary part in resident evil 4 and there isn't any sign that they are even trying to keep in tune with the "horror" aspect.

Now about resident evil 5. After playing the demo, I'm just glad they added the one thing i thought part 4 was missing and that is co-op. Every time I played the mercenaries minigame i felt like this should have been multiplayer.

Mister Chief

You guys need to look around.

Survival horror as it existed 10 years ago no longer exists. Look at Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Space etc.

The genre has evolved and will never be the same. Whether or not that is a good thing is a personal preference.

I personally love Resident Evil 4 and from what I have played 5 and am glad they chose to go in this direction.

Slasher

Suck It
The problem is that, as Noriko said 2 posts up, the survival horror (particularly the horror) aspect of Resident Evil has been lost. RE4 wasn't in any way scary, and I doubt this RE5: African Journey is going to be scary either. RE in the past was an absolute blast with scares that actually made you feel like you were a part of the game.

The other games that you mentioned do a great job of maintaining that horror aspect in a continuously fresh new way.

Although the mechanics of RE have greatly improved, the setting - to me at least - has gone down the shitter. I have no doubt in my mind that RE5 will be a great game, it's just unfortunate that the horror aspect has disappeared

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
yea thats something I gotta agree with, there is no true horror game now.
Condemned 2 was last good horror game I seen.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I never said that or was even implicitly suggesting it
Well you did say that the horror aspect within RE has disappeared. So which recent games do you believe fall within the horror category?

It would be great to get that same startled/surprised feeling I got when I played the original Resident Evil.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Some of you guys are still pretty young, so I would imagine that when playing your first RE game, you were a little more impressionable then you are now. Being older now and expecting to be startled in a game will desensitize you from any events that are meant to make you jump. (If that makes any sense.)

The first Condemned scared the crap out of me on a couple of occasions, but the second didn't at all, etc.

Either way, I like the way the RE gameplay has evolved and as previously stated, the co-op aspect of this is a very nice addition.

Seth

MD Party Room
Dont people feel that bioshock semi falls in to the horror category. I heard people where scared when playing that game.

I do feel resident Evil should be removed from the title,BUt they wont they will sell less and people might just pass it(although this new ip might not work out like gears or Assassin's Creed and become huge).

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Dont people feel that bioshock semi falls in to the horror category. I heard people where scared when playing that game.

[HIGHLIGHT]I do feel resident Evil should be removed from the title,BUt they wont they will sell less and people might just pass it(although this new ip might not work out like gears or Assassin's Creed and become huge).[/HIGHLIGHT]

Why should RE be removed from the title? It's a Resident Evil game and continuation of the overall story and characters from past games.

It's a Resident Evil game....

Chathurga

Well that's just it, where's Umbrella? I suspect they are brooding somewhere under the surface of the plot but still in 4 they were nowhere to be seen, despite being basically the whole point of the series.
I have a feeling they just went underground and whether or not they will emerge in 5 has yet to be seen.

The characters are definitely not the same, the Leon I knew wasn't so dark, handsome and gruff. I fear Chris has also undergone a similar transformation, although I have not played the demo yet.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I'm not going to touch the demo for this one. When I sit down to start playing this, I want to keep going and not play a teaser amount.

Slasher

Suck It
Well you did say that the horror aspect within RE has disappeared. So which recent games do you believe fall within the horror category?

It would be great to get that same startled/surprised feeling I got when I played the original Resident Evil.
I also mentioned this in my post:
The other games that you mentioned do a great job of maintaining that horror aspect in a continuously fresh new way.
Referring to what Mister Chief said: "Look at Silent Hill, Dead Space"

Noriyuke

I'm not positive, but I think they stopped you from doing that. It's worth a try though, I think during the account signup you can just find a Japanese address online and use that.

No way yo, it worked for me, i just burned it on a shitty cd so it like super skips, but will play it tomorrow and let you know how it is.

You should see a doctor or something. I've never heard of such a phenomena :p

Eh, i kinda had the same thing, but i honestly havent been playing video games like i used to, and im so far behind ill never really catch up, so i try to get one or two in here or there.

The problem is that, as Noriko said 2 posts up, the survival horror (particularly the horror) aspect of Resident Evil has been lost. RE4 wasn't in any way scary, and I doubt this RE5: African Journey is going to be scary either. RE in the past was an absolute blast with scares that actually made you feel like you were a part of the game.

Although the mechanics of RE have greatly improved, the setting - to me at least - has gone down the shitter. I have no doubt in my mind that RE5 will be a great game, it's just unfortunate that the horror aspect has disappeared

Agreed, the survival horror aspect has been gone from resident evil, the attempt at reviving it during the gamecube days wasnt so great, i mean i loved the gamecube games, but there were a lot that didnt.

Some of you guys are still pretty young, so I would imagine that when playing your first RE game, you were a little more impressionable then you are now. Being older now and expecting to be startled in a game will desensitize you from any events that are meant to make you jump. (If that makes any sense.)

The first Condemned scared the crap out of me on a couple of occasions, but the second didn't at all, etc.

Either way, I like the way the RE gameplay has evolved and as previously stated, the co-op aspect of this is a very nice addition.

There's actually a funny story to that, i had this huge party once, me and a friend actually, and everyone was getting drunk we had about 500 dollars worth of alcohol and after all that was gone around 3 in the am, i popped on condemned 1 on the 60inch HDTV and with 7.1 surround sound, and i actually made girls scream in certain points of the game, mind you we turned all lights off and they were flipping out, it was great. But yeah, my heart jumped a few times here and there, when i put the volume real loud and the room real dark, and when i was alone.

Well that's just it, where's Umbrella? I suspect they are brooding somewhere under the surface of the plot but still in 4 they were nowhere to be seen, despite being basically the whole point of the series.
I have a feeling they just went underground and whether or not they will emerge in 5 has yet to be seen.

The characters are definitely not the same, the Leon I knew wasn't so dark, handsome and gruff. I fear Chris has also undergone a similar transformation, although I have not played the demo yet.

yeah the game has seriously changed in a way to get newer people into the series and maybe deter the older crowd away. But i dont know, has anyone seen the CGI Movie they made? Degeneration? It was straight their adding a new level of depth to the series, while removing things they cant improve upon anymore. And i was really pissed off when umbrella dissapeared, they havent even tried to make some kind of underground company thing, like a revival scheme of umbrella, and what the fuck is up with just 2 viruses? i was expecting a plethora of viruses by the time they hit RE5?

but you know what, i honestly stopped playing at resident evil 3, so dont tease me about anything, if im wrong on anything i said in the last paragraph dont ruin the series for me ><

Ciaran

Haven't played the demo yet but isn't this whole game about finding the origins of Umbrella?