• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[US] Prop 8 overturned

eldiablov

Contributor
well i do think that people should marry whom they want and be happy. but i dont want it to be in cali. the last thing i need is to be surrounded by gay men :/

Pretty provocative comment there. Want to expand on it a bit?

Nick

I hate to tell you, but you're in L.A. You're already surrounded by gay men. You do know this is about legalizing gay marriage, and not gay men, right?

yeah, i know its not about gay men, i already provided my thoughts on gay marriage and.....ill just shut up now

El Diablo

I think it's pretty fucking disgusting that people hate on people so much for their sexual preference, it's ridiculous. I mean do you think because there's a gay man on the same street as you, that since he's gay he's automatically just going to walk up behind you and stick his dick in your ass?

I am seriously at a loss in trying to understand peoples ridiculous hate.

Also I read this article a few months ago Sign in to read: Gene switches sexual desires of female mice ... , I really hope they go further with it and find the same stuff in humans to finally shut up the people who say being gay is a choice and those people should just change.

Edit: I don't know why the whole article doesn't show up >.> when I read it it had the entire thing.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I'm glad this got overturned. I believe in genuine love between same-sex couples. And if they want to marry. They should be allowed to. If atheists can get married, so can gays. It's too secular to worry about an almighty being judging us.

But, let's not get anti-gay marriage confused with anti-gay. Usually those who are against gay marriage are against it for religious reasons. This country was founded under a Judeo-Christian view. And chances are they support Civil Unions (which still isn't enough, but it's something) I may not be gay and this may sound insensitive. But it's just how I see it for the other side. It may not represent how I feel. But I am not going to attack the other side for their believes. I respectfully disagree.

And the worst thing the movement for gays getting true equality is if the movement does something to insult the American people. I hope it doesn't happen, however there is quite a battle in politics between the left and the right. And then there are the independents. And usually, gays have an liberal view. I just hope they don't make this issue partisan. It shouldn't be.

Joey

I'm glad this got overturned. I believe in genuine love between same-sex couples. And if they want to marry. They should be allowed to. If atheists can get married, so can gays. It's too secular to worry about an almighty being judging us.

But, let's not get anti-gay marriage confused with anti-gay. Usually those who are against gay marriage are against it for religious reasons. This country was founded under a Judeo-Christian view. And chances are they support Civil Unions (which still isn't enough, but it's something) I may not be gay and this may sound insensitive. But it's just how I see it for the other side. It may not represent how I feel. But I am not going to attack the other side for their believes. I respectfully disagree.

And the worst thing the movement for gays getting true equality is if the movement does something to insult the American people. I hope it doesn't happen, however there is quite a battle in politics between the left and the right. And then there are the independents. And usually, gays have an liberal view. I just hope they don't make this issue partisan. It shouldn't be.
Are you fucking kidding? You're going to apologize for bigotry?

First off, of course it's anti-gay. People who don't want gays getting married, are the same people who think sodomy is a sin, and they will burn in hell for it. Of course it's anti-gay, they just hide behind the "traditional marriage" banner, as to not appear prejudiced.

And you don't think this issue hasn't already become partisan? George Bush probably won the goddamn 2004 election on the "Anti-Gay marriage" vote.

I believe in civil politics, but you don't "respectfully disagree" when it comes to civil rights. This isn't in issue of gays trying to push their agenda on the Right, this is the case of bigots taking their prejudice, and pushing it on gays.

Also, I don't even what to get started on the "This is a christian nation" bullshit. This is a nation that is a majority christian, that was founded on SECULAR views.

Come on TMT, I know your fucking smarter than that.

explosions

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Are you fucking kidding? You're going to apologize for bigotry?

First off, of course it's anti-gay. People who don't want gays getting married, are the same people who think sodomy is a sin, and they will burn in hell for it. Of course it's anti-gay, they just hide behind the "traditional marriage" banner, as to not appear prejudiced.

And you don't think this issue hasn't already become partisan? George Bush probably won the goddamn 2004 election on the "Anti-Gay marriage" vote.

I believe in civil politics, but you don't "respectfully disagree" when it comes to civil rights. This isn't in issue of gays trying to push their agenda on the Right, this is the case of bigots taking their prejudice, and pushing it on gays.

Also, I don't even what to get started on the "This is a christian nation" bullshit. This is a nation that is a majority christian, that was founded on SECULAR views.

Come on TMT, I know your fucking smarter than that.

I'm not apologizing for bigots. I've met plenty of devout Christians who may not support gay marriage. But they have gay friends. It's NOT ALWAYS anti-gay. Are a lot of people who are anti-gay marriage are anti-gay. But they are for reasons of religion. This is a Judeo-Christian country (It operates secularly but we are a country who founded with ONE NATION UNDER GOD remember?). I'm a fucking atheist and I know this. Most people in this country believe in a deity. And in lot of cases of anti-gay marriage are not anti-gay.

Watch the Follow the Egg episode of South Park, it makes that point exactly. I said I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE. I don't want fucking Civil Unions to be all that gays will get. Because they deserve more. You know I'm by no means a conservative, but I'm not anti-conservative (I'm a left-leaning centrist with some conservative beliefs such as the death penalty and etc).

Chathurga

Please stop, you're talking with such authority on a subject you obviously know very little about.

This country was founded under a Judeo-Christian view.

Mmm, read about the founding fathers. The majority of them were secular humanists, while they may have believed in some higher power they did not subscribe to the Christian faith.

Just look at the Jefferson Bible, it separates the divinity of Christ from his humanist message.

This is a Judeo-Christian country (It operates secularly but we are a country who founded with ONE NATION UNDER GOD remember?).

This was added a long time after the founding fathers were dead. Addition of the words "under God"

Joey

I'm not apologizing for bigots. I've met plenty of devout Christians who may not support gay marriage. But they have gay friends. It's NOT ALWAYS anti-gay. Are a lot of people who are anti-gay marriage are anti-gay. But they are for reasons of religion. This is a Judeo-Christian country (It operates secularly but we are a country who founded with ONE NATION UNDER GOD remember?). I'm a fucking atheist and I know this. Most people in this country believe in a deity. And in lot of cases of anti-gay marriage are not anti-gay.

Watch the Follow the Egg episode of South Park, it makes that point exactly. I said I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE. I don't want fucking Civil Unions to be all that gays will get. Because they deserve more. You know I'm by no means a conservative, but I'm not anti-conservative (I'm a left-leaning centrist with some conservative beliefs such as the death penalty and etc).
This is not "one nation under god", the only place that is stated is one our money, and that was only added in the 1950's.

If you're anti-gay marriage, you're prejudiced, and anti-civil rights, plain and simple. People can believe in what they want, but it supposed to be kept separate from Government.

I know what you believe, I just can't believe you're defending people who are actively violating other people's rights. The constitution guarantee's Gay Marriage, plain and simple.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
The constitution guarantee's Gay Marriage, plain and simple.

too true.

i've never understood how other's can take it upon themselves to deem who can marry who, it sickens me to think that we have to have such a large debate over something as simple as sexual preference, their are so many worse things going on in this world to even be caring about such crap.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
I have been proven wrong and can respect that.

But the point I was making is that I do know Christians who are friends with gay people but aren't for gay marriage. Generally it's a religion issue. And seeing as how this country functions secularly, it should be allowed.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
My question is why people got so hung up on this in the first place. You can have views on the subject, but if it doesn't affect how you live your life in the least (unless you're gay, then it positively affects it), then why do so many people care? I mean is this the kind of petty bullshit our politics has devolved to? I might be asking rhetorical questions here, but I just can't comprehend how this was ever such a large debate in the first place.

I've never understood issues like this where people feel the need to intrude on others' happiness because of some stupid self-righteous bullshit.

El Diablo

Because for some reason crazy religions run everything, and idiot mindless fucks who blindly follow anything they say cause it to stay that way.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Religions aren't crazy and most people who are religious don't lack sanity. The only time crazy and religion co-exist is with zealots. Westboro Baptist Church is one of those crazy mother fuckers who promote hate. Some believe (myself included) that since religious text has a lot of grammatical and translation errors that it should be disregarded as something that should be just a moral guideline (with weird examples). There are some religious gay people that do get positions in open-minded churches.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Apostasy/baptist_church_embraces_lesbian.htm

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jan/13/nation/na-obama-clergy13

El Diablo

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Joey

Religions aren't crazy and most people who are religious don't lack sanity. The only time crazy and religion co-exist is with zealots. Westboro Baptist Church is one of those crazy mother fuckers who promote hate. Some believe (myself included) that since religious text has a lot of grammatical and translation errors that it should be disregarded as something that should be just a moral guideline (with weird examples). There are some religious gay people that do get positions in open-minded churches.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Apostasy/baptist_church_embraces_lesbian.htm

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jan/13/nation/na-obama-clergy13

TMT, my father hasn't been to church in my life time. I've never seen him open a bible. He believe gays shouldn't be married. It's not JUST zealots. Anti-gay sentiment has seeped past the fanatic's. It's permiated the culture. It's an issue that will die in a few generations, but it's not strictly zealots. It's Christianity based for sure, because we've had heated discussions about god, and religion, but he's not a fanatic. In fact, my agnostic Mom took us to church for years, and I've never seen him with in 2 miles of a church.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
TMT, my father hasn't been to church in my life time. I've never seen him open a bible. He believe gays shouldn't be married. It's not JUST zealots. Anti-gay sentiment has seeped past the fanatic's. It's permiated the culture. It's an issue that will die in a few generations, but it's not strictly zealots. It's Christianity based for sure, because we've had heated discussions about god, and religion, but he's not a fanatic. In fact, my agnostic Mom took us to church for years, and I've never seen him with in 2 miles of a church.

You misread me, I was saying all practitioners of religion weren't crazy.