• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What phone do you use?

Seth

MD Party Room

Slasher

Suck It
I'm thinking of getting a new phone. One of the phones I was looking at was the Nokia N95 8gb.
Specs
- 8gb of memory (sweet)
- 5 megapixel camera w/flash
- full mp3 capabilities (this is a must) + radio
- GPS
- 3G, WLAN

Anybody have personal experience with this phone?

As my term stands right now (On a 3 year term, about half way done), the phone would cost me 399.99. Or if I waited until the 2 year mark (in june sometime), it'll go down to 279.99.

Seth

MD Party Room
Slasher said:
I'm thinking of getting a new phone. One of the phones I was looking at was the Nokia N95 8gb.
Specs
- 8gb of memory (sweet)
- GPS
- 3G, WLAN

As my term stands right now (On a 3 year term, about half way done), the phone would cost me 399.99. Or if I waited until the 2 year mark (in june sometime), it'll go down to 279.99.
N96 is better...Just go for that..

NEvolution

Slasher said:
Specs
- 8gb of memory (sweet)
- GPS
- 3G, WLAN

It's a solid phone. I used the N95-3 for around 8mths and loved it a lot. Just sold it recently as I wanted to try other things.
I've never owned the 8GB version but I've used many of them...and I like it more because the screen is flush with the front. The system also runs smoother and faster than the -3.

As for the N96, I wouldn't get it as it's pretty much the same as the N95. If you want more storage capacity then get the N95-3 and put in a 16GB microSD.

I should be getting the XPERIA X1 soon enough...just waiting for it to come in.

Seth

MD Party Room
How much did you pick up the XPERIA X1 for anyway?

Also n96 fix some of the U.I lags the N95 is know for....

NEvolution

$996 (shipping incl.). But it's the X1i which doesn't support 3G here.
So I'm probably gonna be selling very soon...after SE announces the X1a.

Meh, lag on a smartphone is inevitable. I find there's more lag on my w830c dumbphone than n95-3, n95 8gb, omnia, and touch pro...and of course the X1 (when i get it)

Seth

MD Party Room
I wish I had money like that....

if I get my phone stolen before my contracts is up(2010)... I Might get the touch pro on the sprint dealer plan..

NEvolution

Yea I sold my Touch Pro quick cause local carriers are gonna get it. Didn't want the price to fall before I sold it.

I'd stick with the Touch Pro if it had a dedicated camera button, d-pad that works well, 3.5mm headphone jack.
That's pretty much all things I hate about it, other than not having 850 3G.

Seth

MD Party Room
3.5mm headphone jack

I wish more phones have that...

I super pissed that the Rant had this seeing as it just like my Rumor but with everything like stereo bluthooth,sprint tv,3.5mm headphone jack...

NEvolution

lol sorry but I have no idea what the Rant and Rumor is...I'm guessing it's a carrier-specific name for the phone? Just like the TyTn 2 is called the Tilt?

Sullivan

lulz some girl was selling a stolen Samsung Blackjack, like brand new, 100$

Too bad im broke.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Sullivan said:
lulz some girl was selling a stolen Samsung Blackjack, like brand new, 100$

Too bad im broke.

Dad couldn't pay for it? :rolleyes: Besides, if a phone is marked stolen, they can set up alerts for the ESN and it won't really be usable.

Slasher

Suck It
If I had no morals or values, I swear, parties are the easiest place ever to jack shit (particularly phones). People leave them lying about and they don't even care about them. So easy to jack.

I don't have it in me to steal phones though. I know what it feels like to have something worthwhile stolen from you, and I don't wish that feeling upon anyone.

NEvolution

Hmm here we go...this is what I'm actually using now.

CIMG0890.jpg