• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

djinn

Has anybody figured out how this runs yet? Does it have access to kernel mode, and if so, when it is used to launch a game, could this provide a way for a user mode exploit to gain access to flash 0?

Also, can anything be done with the Codelist in PSP\Common?

seifer69er

at the moment

for( ; ; ); o_O

thats how this forum is going.....nowhere. When and if some progress is made, it will be posted, otherwise people have to stop "begging" for it.
Also at Djin: How is 'User mode' > 'Kernel Mode' ?

afiser

Has anybody figured out how this runs yet? Does it have access to kernel mode, and if so, when it is used to launch a game, could this provide a way for a user mode exploit to gain access to flash 0?

Also, can anything be done with the Codelist in PSP\Common?

no, yes it runs has kernel access, and no no no no no no no. nothing will come of this besides cheating.

Bill

Deathrow

Inside the pbp. Datel are trekkies?

Technically, it's mockery of Sony since they cracked the crypto engine.

The crypto engine is named Kirk, or as known as the infamous Captain Kirk from Star Trek.

Datel issues 3 Star Trek phrases after initiating the moduels: mccoy, scotty, and uretha

Crank

Crank it up!
Datel issues 3 Star Trek phrases after initiating the moduels: mccoy, scotty, and uretha

It's Uhura.

And yeah, there's something else like "Their shields are still up!" (IIRC, can't remember the exact phrase). A lot of stuff in the PSP got their names from Star Trek :p

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
any news?

doubtful, if any, don't get ur hopes up for this to go anywhere, it's been a while since release, and all we know is they signed their stuff like sony does, it'd be no different then finding an exploit in any other game that sony signs

thedicemaster

It's Uhura.

And yeah, there's something else like "Their shields are still up!" (IIRC, can't remember the exact phrase). A lot of stuff in the PSP got their names from Star Trek :p

not just the PSP.
PS2 has the emotion chip as main cpu if i remember correctly, which is also the chip data(advanced robot from star trek the next generation) uses to process emotions

TigerTail

I'm interested in Datel's ability to sign/avoid signing Action Replay and have it execute from the PSP's Update folder.

Came across a thread from the user NoEffex:

(Unsigned) PSAR on M33
[Mod Edit: Link removed per forum rules.]

This thread goes on for 3 or so pages but it appears that an unsigned version of Action Replay resides here locked to a static PSP ID.

Since this site has an attached license for AR maybe the unsigned version that the other site offers could utilize this license? Maybe...

I was also curious about earlier PSP demos being "weak". The oldest one being Loco Roco for 2.71 OFW.

I'll have to check but didn't the PSP 1000 with the Spiderman UMD (with OFW 1.50 out of the box) have a sampler UMD...perhaps this might be the oldest and smallest EBOOT.PBP out there?

{Some have said that earlier Action Replays for various consoles borrow just enough legit code to have said console pass software signing and allow Action replay to run}

Long story short maybe the unsigned AR or the PSP Sampler UMD might be useful?

Just a thought (all of the other sane ideas have been proposed already...)

Think out of the box...what box?

TigerTail

raing3

I received my PSPAR yesterday (boxed version) but I can't seem to find where my license key is.

I checked all through the manual (which is where it was apparently meant to be) but didn't see it anywhere.

So is there anyone else here who has purchased the boxed version that could tell me where the license key is meant to be located?

Also does the actual code engine itself work correctly on CFW? I ask because the battery PSPAR wouldn't even load on CFW so I want to be cautious with which PSP I activate the PSPAR for. :p

Thanks.

Hellcat

Contributor
AFAIK you need to activate it online, it'll fetch the license key from the Datel server to activate it.

BTW: Did they make it work with PS1 games?
I'm thinking about getting one too....

raing3

psparlicensekey.jpg

:( I was referring to the number that goes in the second text box on the registration form. I just asked a friend who purchased a boxed version and he said his was on the front of the User Guide. Well mine isn't there so I guess Datel probably made a mistake. Hopefully they will respond soon to the support ticket I made yesterday.

Also, yes the PSPAR supports PS1 games but the available cheats are very few at the moment, I think this is all of them:
Code:
Final Fantasy VII (Digital) [DE] {SCES-00869}
Final Fantasy VII (Digital) [FR] {SCES-00868}
Final Fantasy VII (Digital) [UK] {SCES-00867}
Final Fantasy VII (DL) [US] {SCUS-94163}
Final Fantasy VIII (Digital) [DE] {SLES-02082}
Final Fantasy VIII (Digital) [FR] {SLES-02081}
Final Fantasy VIII (Digital) [UK] {SLES-02080}
Final Fantasy VIII (DL) [US] {SLUS-00892}
Final Fantasy VIII [IT] {SLES-02083}
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (DL) [US] {SLUS-00708}
Resident Evil 2 (DL) [US] {SLUS-00748}

Hopefully they will pick up soon though now that they seem to be quite focused on making codes for digital games.

TigerTail

Besides just downloading the Action Replay Demo:
maximummemory.com/ar_psp/pc_installer/PSPAR_Demo_Setup.exe

This directory is also hiding another .exe:

maximummemory.com/ar_psp/pc_installer/Setup.exe Grab it While it Lasts?!?!?!?!?!

I installed both of these and each one downloads the same language.bin file and exact same EBOOT.PBP file (hex comparison)

***Interesting thing is that the PSPAR_Demo_Setup.exe prompts the user to go to website and purchase license or enter license code

***Setup.exe [whose main executable after install does NOT match PSPAR_Demo_Setup.exe's main executable at all; binary compare] does something entirely different: it says this program is

installed on the PSP but is running in demo mode.

It tells you to disconnect the PSP, run the Datel AR from the memorystick and then reconnect the PSP to continue after creating a license id text file on your psp.

Not sure if the difference between the actual PSPAR_Demo_Setup.exe and the Setup.exe that I accidentally discovered means anything but you never know.

Google Search: (Unsigned) PSPAR on M33 and check of the first google hit for work on an unsigned version of AR

TigerTail