• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

nielkie

Unfortunately, we are unable to generate our own license files, due to Datels decision on using RSA-SHA1 to validate the signature(license file). Sorry Guys :(
Anyone have a quantum computer or ninjas? :D

Thought as much, thanks for confirming.

@Hellcat
Let's just hope they're not smart enough to cryptographically sign the cheats file if they ever publish one.

AnalogMan

Yo, just a heads up, I was informed that the reason for my inability to get a license.dat file with my key is that if you attempt to use a fake or already registered key, your console ID is put on a banned list that prevents activating a real license key.

Also I was told that the software was put in the update folder to prevent the loading of pirated games. Don't know if that's true or not.

Deathrow

Hellcat

Contributor
@Hellcat
Let's just hope they're not smart enough to cryptographically sign the cheats file if they ever publish one.
There's a high chance they will.... they know we want to sploit it to use it run own code.... I also doubt they want that....

Also I was told that the software was put in the update folder to prevent the loading of pirated games. Don't know if that's true or not.
Hmm, I fail to see the connection there, actually the UPDATE folder is being granted MORE priviledges than "normal" EBOOTs that get run....
But maybe I'm missing something, gotta think a bit about that.

Insta-headache. Datel definitely has all the power they need...
Oh yes.... they REALLY know what they're doing.

wololo

Yo, just a heads up, I was informed that the reason for my inability to get a license.dat file with my key is that if you attempt to use a fake or already registered key, your console ID is put on a banned list that prevents activating a real license key.
did they eventually un-ban your console ?

AnalogMan

They did in order to get it working. They assumed my apparent multiple attempts started with something wrong on my end and ended up with me banned. Unfortunately after their latest eboot update it seems when I tried to re-get my license file it put me back on it. It'll be a pain if I have to have them unban me with each major update (which he said another was coming soon, he was working on the beta).

wololo

I think it's weird and cool at the same time that the guys replying to your email happen to be the devs working on the app... I never get to reply to customers at my current job (and I would be bad at it, I didn't think it was possible to multiclass engineer and customer service... one of these jobs requires you to be nice to people...)

AnalogMan

Well, they found this board and I have now been permanently banned. So beware all of you trying to use fake licenses or others that if you have even the slightest intention of going legit like I did, it still won't work.

dna123300

Guys I've asked this before and no one replied...
HOW DO YOU GET THIS ****ING THING TO WORK ON GEN-C?
I hope that made it clear.

wololo

Depends what you're asking for.
If you're asking how to run the EBOOT, just follow the install procedure.
If the EBOOT doesn't run, you probably have to patch it using Yoshihiros's Game decrypter (this is explained in one of the first pages of this thread).

If you're asking how to have the actual cheats working, I think they won't run on a CFW. They probably make some assertions on the state of the Ram and the flash, which are not true on a CFW. Don't quote me on this, though...

So, I guess the reason no one replied to you is because the answers are already in the thread for those who take the time to read it.

Hellcat

Contributor
Guys I've asked this before and no one replied...
HOW DO YOU GET THIS ****ING THING TO WORK ON GEN-C?
I hope that made it clear.
Copy to /PSP/UPDATE and run?

What happens if you do that?
Any errors? Smoke emerging from inside the PSP?

Deathrow

The original demo won't run on a CFW, with cheat devices like CwCheat, NitePR, and Mkultra, what's the point?

The farthest you'll get is the screen where you enter the license if I read correctly. If you really want it working on a CFW, go back and look for NoEffex's post, he made it available for a CFW.

Soplox

you can already access the flash on official firmware, if you have a pandora battery, elf menu, and a psp that can boot from a mms. that's the only way afaik.

oh and you'll need sceNAND_Updater_Driver.prx, sceLflashFatfmtUpdater.prx, and sceLFatFs_Updater_Driver.prx from the firmware that the psp is on for access. it's doable with firmware 6.20 too.

yeah but i was talking about the go

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, for the PSPgo there's no way (yet) to access the flash.

And IMO it's good, 'cause look at all the 3ks that got (semi)bricked due to kids messing around with thier flash without knowing what they're doing....

dna123300

The original demo won't run on a CFW, with cheat devices like CwCheat, NitePR, and Mkultra, what's the point?

The farthest you'll get is the screen where you enter the license if I read correctly. If you really want it working on a CFW, go back and look for NoEffex's post, he made it available for a CFW.

get me a link to the post.