• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.10 OE-A' Released

buddymash

Moved up to 3.10OE, but problem with A2 install

I just took my PSP from 2.81 -> 3.0.3 -> 1.5 -> 3.10OE-A succesfully :D but then had a problem moving up to A'/A2 :eek: . When trying to execute the update I get "The game could not be started. (80020148)". I note that this error number is the same as this patch is supposed to fix when running ISO's. Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it?

- Bud

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you place the update in the GAME150 folder?

buddymash

When under PSP/GAME150, I get "no games available". The update is recognised when under PSP/GAME, but generates the error when executed. I see a couple of people in this forum have the same problem.

I saw in various docs that there was a mix of GAME vs. GAME150. Why is this?

- Bud

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When under PSP/GAME150, I get "no games available". The update is recognised when under PSP/GAME, but generates the error when executed. I see a couple of people in this forum have the same problem.

I saw in various docs that there was a mix of GAME vs. GAME150. Why is this?

- Bud

GAME150 forces the program to use 1.5 kernel. That's really odd that its not showing up for you.. but what you can do instead is hold R when you turn your PSP on to enter recovery mode and then go to Configuration and change the game folder option to 1.5 kernel. Now it should work fine from regular GAME folder.

Lorenzo101

Very simple question I hope

Hello everyone, I got a new PSP and went from 2.6->2.8>1.5>3.10OE-A in order to get on the Dark Alex bandwagon. It was quite a scarry time with all these updates but everyting worked out for the best. Now the big prize :) However I still do not know what to do to play a CSO on 3.10OE. Can someone please let me know quickly how to do it. I have the CSO file but do not know what to do with it. Please HELP.
I hope that all this upgrading dowgarding was not all a waist of time

Thanks

halted

HI~
Thanks for the Updata. i try the Splinter Cell Essentials in the OEA'(No-UMD/UMD both) and change three version . but i always got failure 80020148.
So i try the Devhook 4.6, it's ok~
Help :confused:

Gwapingn8

An informative Question

I just got my new PSP. and has done a lot of research about these Custom Firmware,
but a little iffy if i should upgrade, don't want to Brick my PsP. it's my first and have worked hard to get one. My Question is, Is 3.10OE any better than 3.03OE? I was thinking of upgrading my firmware to 3.03oe-c because i haven't found a lot of complaints about it, and seems that that firmware has been perfected. But of course 3.10oe is fairly new, but it will get there in time. My question is, if i was to install 3.03oe-c firmware, do i have to start from 3.03oe-a then 3.03oe-b or do i can i go staright to 3.03oe-c without any risk and problems. or should i just forget about 3.03oe-c and get the 3.10oe. I really don't know much about these things yet. But I guess i wouldn't know unless i try. Thanks.

deathentry

I bricked my PSP when installing from official 1.5 to 3.1OE

I ran through everything and it said that it was all done and to press X and restart manually, I did and now it won't switch back on, all it does is turn the power light on for a few seconds. I have tried holding down the R button but that doesn't do anything.

Is there anyway I can fix it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I bricked my PSP when installing from official 1.5 to 3.1OE

I ran through everything and it said that it was all done and to press X and restart manually, I did and now it won't switch back on, all it does is turn the power light on for a few seconds. I have tried holding down the R button but that doesn't do anything.

Is there anyway I can fix it?

the only way to revive your PSP would be to get the modchip (U.P. or upcoming PSP-devolution).

Gwapingn8: if you are comfortable with 3.03 OE then stick with it, 3.10 doesn't contain any significant improvements other than the fact you are running 3.10.

halted: disable plain modules?

Diefreely

Hi,,

I brought my Psp from 1.5 to 3.10OE-A' no problem but when I try to play some ISO's I just get a black screen. I tried everything that was said in this fourm but nothing worked which is a pity. I installed the update on Dark_Alex's webpage today but it still didn't help.

I see a few people are having the same problem as me. It happens with most of my ISO's. Just wondering if anyone had any new light to shed on this problem.

thanks for any help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi,,

I brought my Psp from 1.5 to 3.10OE-A' no problem but when I try to play some ISO's I just get a black screen. I tried everything that was said in this fourm but nothing worked which is a pity. I installed the update on Dark_Alex's webpage today but it still didn't help.

I see a few people are having the same problem as me. It happens with most of my ISO's. Just wondering if anyone had any new light to shed on this problem.

thanks for any help.

disable NO-UMD and plain modules in recovery mode.. it will solve most of your compatibility issues.

Diefreely

Afraid I did that but it still didn't work.

I've read through a lot of different threads for this problem and disabling NO-UMD and Plain Modules works for some but not for all. I'll just have to wait till this is solved! Thanks for the help though!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Diefreely

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Capcom Classics Collection Remixed.

on the plus side Activision Hits Remixed worked for me!

Gwapingn8

thanks

thanks for the response.

just last question from a newbie.

i'm great at following instructions, so i'm confident enough to do upgrading.

my question is... if i want to upgrade to firmware 3.03oe-c, do i have to start from
3.03oe-a? or can i install from 1.5 straight to 3.03oe-c? i just couldn't find any information about that at DARK_ALEX's site. thanks again!:D

JKing

Banned
thanks for the response.

just last question from a newbie.

i'm great at following instructions, so i'm confident enough to do upgrading.

my question is... if i want to upgrade to firmware 3.03oe-c, do i have to start from
3.03oe-a? or can i install from 1.5 straight to 3.03oe-c? i just couldn't find any information about that at DARK_ALEX's site. thanks again!:D

I think at 1.5 you can jump up to 3.10 oe. Might as well go all the way instead of just to 3.03 oeC unless thats the version you want...Also what firmware are you running right now?

Gwapingn8

I think at 1.5 you can jump up to 3.10 oe. Might as well go all the way instead of just to 3.03 oeC unless thats the version you want...Also what firmware are you running right now?

i'm stil on the original firmware.

Gwapingn8

i'm still on the original firmware.