• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
They go in ms0:/PSP/GAME150

to enter recovery mode you hold R while turning your PSP on.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
They work but i get loads of corupt data is this normal

yes,this is normal.you can turn off the corrupt icons by going to the recovery menu (holding R while starting up the psp)

i cant remember exactly which option in the recovery menu its in but it should be there in configuration or something :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
They work but i get loads of corupt data is this normal

Yeah, there is an option in the recovery that you can enable to hide those.

Its in Configuration -> Hide Corrupt Icons

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I cant find this one ethier system_plugin_bg

Those will be found on the flash, not the memory stick. Use a program like PSP Filer to replace them, but be careful as writing to the flash can brick your PSP.

thomas11

i can't get the icons to change everything else worked like battery xmbwaves, sound bar but when i turn my psp on i just get the back ground come up. im trying to replace topmenu_plugin.rco

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i can't get the icons to change everything else worked like battery xmbwaves, sound bar but when i turn my psp on i just get the back ground come up. im trying to replace topmenu_plugin.rco

ah.. well you are running 3.10 OE-A right? You can't change the icons in 3.10.. only 3.03 OE-C supports that (for now).

thomas11

nooooooooooooooooooo ill just have to wait ill probably have bricked my psp by the time it's out
Do i need a lua player to play some games because some of them don't work just says corrupted.
Are there any homebrew games you can recommend.
Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nooooooooooooooooooo ill just have to wait ill probably have bricked my psp by the time it's out
Do i need a lua player to play some games because some of them don't work just says corrupted.
Are there any homebrew games you can recommend.
Thanks

If the game is written in LUA, then yeah.

Some games I'd recommend:

rRootage - http://www.psp-homebrew.eu/hbname.php?id=358

NoGravity - http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=816

Hexaxis - http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1029

Jaynb

Hi, Please help!

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.10 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.10 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.10 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.10 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 310.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Please note: If you get an error message that says "Invalid SHA-1" when creating the DXAR do not proceed further. This means you have a faulty memory stick and a corrupt DATA.DXAR was created. Start over using a different memory stick.

4. Copy 310oeflasher and 310oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 310oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.10 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.10 OE-A :)

I'm trying to do this update for the 1st time, but it doesnt seem to be working. What am i doing wrong?

I get to step 3. but when i go the the game menu on the PSP, i dont have "update maker". I have 2 "Corrupted Data" files on the MS.

What am i doing wrong? In step 1 where it says "copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker%" does that mean I make new folders called oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% under X:/PSP/GAME?

Thanks, You guys are great!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm trying to do this update for the 1st time, but it doesnt seem to be working. What am i doing wrong?

I get to step 3. but when i go the the game menu on the PSP, i dont have "update maker". I have 2 "Corrupted Data" files on the MS.

What am i doing wrong? In step 1 where it says "copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker%" does that mean I make new folders called oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% under X:/PSP/GAME?

Thanks, You guys are great!

those two folders are included in the 3.10 OE-A archive, you are supposed to just copy them over. I guess you created the folders yourself because that would result in the two corrupted data icons.. so make sure you are copying them from the archive.

Jaynb

WOW that was quick!

those two folders are included in the 3.10 OE-A archive, you are supposed to just copy them over. I guess you created the folders yourself because that would result in the two corrupted data icons.. so make sure you are copying them from the archive.

Thanks I thought that was where i was going wrong!

This probably sounds really stupid but when you say the 2 folders are included in the 3.10 OE-A archive, how do you get them? I downloaded the 310oe_a.rar but dont know how to get them from there?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks I thought that was where i was going wrong!

This probably sounds really stupid but when you say the 2 folders are included in the 3.10 OE-A archive, how do you get them? I downloaded the 310oe_a.rar but dont know how to get them from there?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Open it up with WinRAR (http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar37b5.exe), then just extract the files.

Jaynb

Hey, Thanks alot for all your help, you are too kind!

I did as you said and all ran fine. i then updated to 3.10 OE-A2 aswell.

Again, thank you, your help is much appreciated! ;) :) ;)

hidehide

I found a problem in the 3.10 OE-A'
It can be able to run ISO without UMD, however, if you hold the psp. The next time when you turn on the psp again, the game will hang and the psp will be closed.