• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I downloaded metal gear solid from psx and works perfectly, but I have a question. After I finish the last mission (killing sniper wolf) on disc 1, i must change to disc 2. So... how can I do that?. well, you know what I mean, how can I make the psp believe that i "change disks", after finish disk 1, i dont have the options to save, and then boot disk 2. Is this the only game with this kind of problem or there are others like this?? please help me here.

THX for the help

I have a game save at the beginning of disc 2 if you want that. make sure the GameID of your disc 2 is set to SLUS00776

Attachments

• SLUS00776.rar
    257.8 KB · Views: 74

T1KARMANN

Hi this is my 1st post great site :cool:

my son has a jap version psp1000 which is running firmware 3.11 is it posable to cange the firmware to open edition if so what the best to put on it

from what i can make out as im new to this is its not possable to do anything with firmware 3.11 but i may be totaly wrong hear

any help would be great

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hi this is my 1st post great site :cool:

my son has a jap version psp1000 which is running firmware 3.11 is it posable to cange the firmware to open edition if so what the best to put on it

from what i can make out as im new to this is its not possable to do anything with firmware 3.11 but i may be totaly wrong hear

any help would be great

nope,its not possible to do anything with sony's official v3.11 firmware yet.you can only really wait for a downgrader to come about or to swap your son's psp with someone else's who is running a lower firmware.

welcome to the site :)

T1KARMANN

nope,its not possible to do anything with sony's official v3.11 firmware yet.you can only really wait for a downgrader to come about or to swap your son's psp with someone else's who is running a lower firmware.

welcome to the site :)

dam so their nothing i can do what about putting dvd on the memory card with xoom

MenaceInc

Staff Member
dam so their nothing i can do what about putting dvd on the memory card with xoom

you can rip a dvd and play it on offical firmware,yes but it has to be in a certain format,mpeg4 i believe.really not sure of the specifics since i don't use my psp for videos but im sure that others on the forums could help you on putting dvds onto the psp

lonelyguy

I have a game save at the beginning of disc 2 if you want that. make sure the GameID of your disc 2 is set to SLUS00776

hmmm... so, there's no way to do what I'm asking, right??? if you find a way to do that, i'll be here. i suppose there has to be a way cause IF you can get PSX game throught PS3, i believe this problem wont happend.

Anyways, thx for the save...... I must check the game Id cause I didn't use a popstation to make the game for PSP, i just downloaded but thx for the help anyway.

Alucard Hellsing

best service friendly staff

They never seem to get mad they dont treat you rude here even as a noob to this
moding boxes psx and such simple but i was unsure of this .

and now i know why this forum is great the people.

n9805928

Hi,

I've just installed the 3.10.oea patch and almost everything is working great. Aprt from the USB connection, my computer keps saying insert memory when i turn on the USB connection. I've used different memory cards and it does the same.

Another problem i keep having is that i can't update to version 3.10.oea2.

Any jelp would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

JKing

Banned
Hi,

I've just installed the 3.10.oea patch and almost everything is working great. Aprt from the USB connection, my computer keps saying insert memory when i turn on the USB connection. I've used different memory cards and it does the same.

Another problem i keep having is that i can't update to version 3.10.oea2.

Any jelp would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Try again updating to oea2 is easy, just read the readme, Second format you MS , Save all you stuff to your comp so you can throw it all back on there after the format is complete.

n9805928

Thanks for that, i'll give it a go tonight and hopefully it'll work....!

I've tried some of the other funtionality like playing PS1 games on my PSP and it works really well... so thanks for that too....!

JKing

Banned
Thanks for that, i'll give it a go tonight and hopefully it'll work....!

I've tried some of the other funtionality like playing PS1 games on my PSP and it works really well... so thanks for that too....!

Np and gl bro.

n9805928

Hey there J King, you're a superstar, i did as you said and it's all sorted, the update worked and the USB connection works too....

Thank you!!!!

n9805928

PS Are there any specific files i must copy back onto the memory card after formating and updating to 3.10 oea2?

Som

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
PS Are there any specific files i must copy back onto the memory card after formating and updating to 3.10 oea2?

Som

Nope, once you've updated there is no reason to keep any install files on the ms.

n9805928

Thanks for that x3.
Another strange problem i have noticed is that i converted my original copy of Gran Turismo 2 (PS1) to PSP Format, it came out at around 500mb, but when i copy it into the PSP\Game folder (on the memory stick) and it keeps having a problem with the eboot.pbp file and stops copying the file across half way...

Alson when i check the memory card, the file is copied but it's taken 1000mb

It keeps doing this on all my memory cards so i know its not that... Have you any idea whats going on?

Thanks

lonelyguy

hey...

2 games, both FF7 but one was homemade with popstation and the other was downloaded... Here's the question, it doesn't matter how the eboot was made, or from where it was downloaded, or what name does the save files have, if the game ID and the save ID are the same on both eboots, then the save files should works on both games. right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for that x3.
Another strange problem i have noticed is that i converted my original copy of Gran Turismo 2 (PS1) to PSP Format, it came out at around 500mb, but when i copy it into the PSP\Game folder (on the memory stick) and it keeps having a problem with the eboot.pbp file and stops copying the file across half way...

Alson when i check the memory card, the file is copied but it's taken 1000mb

It keeps doing this on all my memory cards so i know its not that... Have you any idea whats going on?

Thanks

Its probably your USB cable.

lonelyguy: yes that's correct

lonelyguy

I found a webpage where I can download some psx games. and for some reason my popstation isn't working, so Im gonna start downloading. anyways, when using popstation to make FF7 eboot, by default there was already a game ID and Save ID. if I didn/t change this numbers. then when I download the game, it suppose to be the same ID???? I know those are dumb questions, but hey c'mon, downloading the game takes me a couple of days.... so i just want to make sure. Once again, if I didn't change the ID, and the downloaded game has the same default ID, then the safe file should work, right?????

once again, thx

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I found a webpage where I can download some psx games. and for some reason my popstation isn't working, so Im gonna start downloading. anyways, when using popstation to make FF7 eboot, by default there was already a game ID and Save ID. if I didn/t change this numbers. then when I download the game, it suppose to be the same ID???? I know those are dumb questions, but hey c'mon, downloading the game takes me a couple of days.... so i just want to make sure. Once again, if I didn't change the ID, and the downloaded game has the same default ID, then the safe file should work, right?????

once again, thx

yes, but if it doesn't match you can always reconvert the PBP with PSX2PSP and type in a new Save ID.