• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hmm just beeing curious right now...
so how did they find out that lumines accomplishes the exploit? i mean did they just try random games and than suddenly it worked with lumined? o_O

Well, Lumines is one of the best selling PSP games so it makes sense that they chose it first to try and find an exploit. It's likely other games have a similar exploit, but HEN would have to be rewritten for another game.

Do you have a GameStop or EBGames nearby? Should be able to find the original Lumines there.

Extrapunkt

Oh okay...
well i found out that a friend has it and she is gonna give it to me tom... i was just waiting so long for my psp to arrive and i read so much about all the downgrades and upgrades to custom firmwares that i was kinda desperate to get it done tonight =)
I keep your updated if i actually get this all done right ^^

Thanks for you help, i really appreciate it =D

EDIT: So yeah came out that her lumines was lumines II ahhh but thats fine i went to a gamestop and after looking in the backroom and pazing 30! bucks i got a lumines copy YAY! I bought Crisis Core too...

And now im running 3.90M33-3 and play crisis core form the stick haha i was really afraid doh when i upgraded to 3.90M33 because it really looked like the standart sonz update but everything is running really nice now.... thanks for all you help =)

Noobe

I need some help. Ive been reading the forums and praise you guys for your hardwork and input on modding the psp. I already have my own psp with custom firmware 3.90M33 but i have a friend with an official 3.73 firmware on his and he wants me to put custom firmware. Ive read the steps on how to downgrade and its just not working for me. And i dont seem to find steps on how to downgrade from this firmware that he has.

So my question is....Can he downgrade from this firmware? Or is he just stuck with it for now? And since i have a cfw psp. Is there anything i can do with mine to help downgrade his into cfw?

He has a fat psp very early model he has had it for years now. I tried following the steps to make a pandora battery but it wouldnt load the file. It gives me game cannot be started (80020148) so im stuck at this point im still reading the forums but i have found nothing to help me. So if theres a way i can make a pandora battery on this version he has let me know please. It will be greatly appreciated

Snizzoop

Okay...here's the deal...I have a phat PSP. It had OFW 2.00. I upgraded to 3.50 so I could downgrade to 1.50. I had no problems upgrading, but I have having difficulty downgrading. I have copied the PSP folder from the .ZIP file, and have saved the 1.50 "update" as UPDATE.PBP. I then start Lumines, and the game just loads as normal.

What am I doing wrong?

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH! The insanity!

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
shall this work with Burnout DOminator UMD(US)

plz help

I_am_I

it doesnt work

does this here work on an PSP with firmeware 4.05, if not, is there a way to downgrade my PSP? or update it directly to 4.01 of CFW?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
u need the game to run this lumines? goshh where can i get it from

Amazon, eBay.

does this here work on an PSP with firmeware 4.05, if not, is there a way to downgrade my PSP? or update it directly to 4.01 of CFW?

No it doesn't work with firmware 4.05... you need to use a Pandora battery / magic memory stick to install CFW on your PSP.

january39

eXo Staff
pls help me will this work with psp slim original 3.8 version

No, as the slim cannot run FW 3.50.

You will need a pandora battery and MMS for that PSP - No other way to get CFW on that PSP.

Read the guide in my sig for help :smile:

gallythegenius

THANK U january39....... I hav my friends fat psp which i just now loaded m33-6 5.00 ( by downgrading oa 3.70 to 1.5 -> upgrading to m33 3.53 -> m33-4 -> 500 m33-6) with ur help .... can i replace that battery with my slim one do the upgrade cfw and then again replace my original battery .... pls help me...