• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i put on the 3.52 on accdently i dont know what to do help me PLEASE I BEGGING U

What do you mean, you upgraded to 3.52? Then you can't do anything :bored:

Firmware 3.52 cannot be downgraded at the moment.

thy_

I've got a psp running with 3.50.
Now I'm trying to downgrade so I copy the "psp" folder to the memory stick and the renamed Update.PBP to :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
But when I start Lumines (ULES 00043) it loads the game normally until the situation where I have to press START (or X) now the screen turns black and after about 15sec the psp turns itself off.
No blue flashing, no going back to XMB...
When I turn the power on the psp on it starts as if nothing ever happend and I'm still running 3.50 no 3.50HEN.

Do you guys have any ideas whats going wrong?
I already tried things like formatting the memory stick and starting anew with exactly the same effects.

I had the exact same problem with the 3.03 downgrade and GTA:LC...
it just turned itself off
And I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've got a psp running with 3.50.
Now I'm trying to downgrade so I copy the "psp" folder to the memory stick and the renamed Update.PBP to :/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
But when I start Lumines (ULES 00043) it loads the game normally until the situation where I have to press START (or X) now the screen turns black and after about 15sec the psp turns itself off.
No blue flashing, no going back to XMB...
When I turn the power on the psp on it starts as if nothing ever happend and I'm still running 3.50 no 3.50HEN.

Do you guys have any ideas whats going wrong?
I already tried things like formatting the memory stick and starting anew with exactly the same effects.

I had the exact same problem with the 3.03 downgrade and GTA:LC...
it just turned itself off
And I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Keep trying. It doesn't always work the first few times.

thy_

What is a reasonable amount of tries after which I'm allowed to give up?
I'm at attempt 35 or something like that...

Any ideas how I could boost my odds?
Could it have anything to do with my memory stick? (a Sony MagicGate one)
Unfortunatly I don't have any other to try...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What is a reasonable amount of tries after which I'm allowed to give up?
I'm at attempt 35 or something like that...

Any ideas how I could boost my odds?
Could it have anything to do with my memory stick? (a Sony MagicGate one)
Unfortunatly I don't have any other to try...

I've heard that setting an XMB background sometimes helps. Also, if you haven't already, try formatting your memory stick and copy the files back over.

Acerthief

is everything back to the factory(default) settings? also changing the language into english might help.

Wish you luck man, when i tried to downgrade a 2.80 PSP it took me 146 times to access HEN.

Good luck :D

Pippilotta

oh no, new PSP has 3.51

so I bought a new PSP "core" fat... and it came with 3.51 preinstalled! am I outta luck? or is there a way to downgrade?

Thanks!

RETHINK_THAT

I have a unique problem, as far as I can tell...

Ok, so my friend modded this before he moved away, and I think it is "phat", but he put 3.10 OE-A firmware on there, and I want to get to 3.71 M33, but am afraid of bricking it because I don't have a clue when it comes to PSP. I have gotten games that work, but in order to play the ones I want I need either 3.40 OE-A or 3.71 M33 (which the guy who gave me the games said was better). I started following the 3.50 downgrader, but when I started the "game" 3.50 downgrader, it says: The game cannot be started. DADADADA. It says exactly that, and before I try anything else, I wanted to see if anybody could advise me as to what to do.

RETHINK_THAT

By downgrading and then upgrading, will it still be able to play PS1/PSX games? Will it solve the problem of when I start certain games that the picture shows up but then after a second it says: The game cannot be started. (a long sequence of numbers follows below the statement)?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ok, so my friend modded this before he moved away, and I think it is "phat", but he put 3.10 OE-A firmware on there, and I want to get to 3.71 M33, but am afraid of bricking it because I don't have a clue when it comes to PSP. I have gotten games that work, but in order to play the ones I want I need either 3.40 OE-A or 3.71 M33 (which the guy who gave me the games said was better). I started following the 3.50 downgrader, but when I started the "game" 3.50 downgrader, it says: The game cannot be started. DADADADA. It says exactly that, and before I try anything else, I wanted to see if anybody could advise me as to what to do.

since it shows that error code,it definately is a custom firmware.

there is no need to run a downgrader if you are on a cfw,you can just use the guide here to upgrade to 3.52 M33.

after that you should apply the patches available here to update to 3.52 M33-4.

that should bring you up to what i would consider a respectable firmware but if you want to install 3.71 M33 then you can follow the guide here.

please note though that 3.71 M33 by default lacks support for homebrew which uses the 1.5 kernal,but that can be changed with applying the 1.5 kernal patch available here

this is for phat PSP's only though.after you have done that,you should apply the patches for 3.71M33 which you can get here

hope that helps :)

RETHINK_THAT

"there is no need to run a downgrader if you are on a cfw,you can just use the guide here to upgrade to 3.52 M33."-----By:MenaceInc

That makes sense, I guess, but when I start to follow the 3.52 M33 guide, I can't do the first step because I don't have the 1.50only folder. I don't want to start on the 2nd step in fear of bricking my psp, so maybe you could help some more. Is the only way to get the 1.50only folder by doing the downgrader? If so I guess I'm kind of screwed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
"there is no need to run a downgrader if you are on a cfw,you can just use the guide here to upgrade to 3.52 M33."-----By:MenaceInc

That makes sense, I guess, but when I start to follow the 3.52 M33 guide, I can't do the first step because I don't have the 1.50only folder. I don't want to start on the 2nd step in fear of bricking my psp, so maybe you could help some more. Is the only way to get the 1.50only folder by doing the downgrader? If so I guess I'm kind of screwed.

hmm.. did you download the 3.52 M33 from here? It includes the 1.50only folder.

here's a link: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2876

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So the folder isn't originally on the PSP, I have to put it on? Where?

reading your original post, you said your PSP is running 3.10 OE-A? If so, you can skip step 1 of the 3.52 M33 install guide.

1. If you are running firmware 1.5, first go inside the "1.50only" folder and copy both kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% to X:/PSP/GAME and then execute the program through the game menu on the PSP.

Your PSP is not running firmware 1.5, so you can go directly to step 2.

RETHINK_THAT

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying...you guys are really fast with your responses! Now that I have 3.52 M33, I can update to 3.77 M33, right?