• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Awesome! Thanks for clarifying...you guys are really fast with your responses! Now that I have 3.52 M33, I can update to 3.77 M33, right?

Almost. First install the 3.52 M33-4 update and then follow the guide for upgrading to 3.71 M33.

s2000_77

Ok im trying to follow this guide and im stuck right off the bat. I put the file in X:/psp/game/update but it doesnt come up as an update it says its corrupted. so then i tried downloading it directly into the folder and the same problem.

anyone have an idea??
thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

RETHINK_THAT

So...I'm back again for more help, only this time it's with a different PSP. I'm helping out a friend who you could say is "computer challenged" (to be nice) but I don't want to brick his PSP. He updated to 3.71 from SONY so I can't follow this guide, but I don't know how to downgrade this PSP because I'm "PSP Challenged". By the way, my PSP is working AWESOME and I have Splinter Cell for it. It freakin' rocks, but it's nerve-wrecking at the same time. Anybody want to give this one a go?

Acerthief

Use "Pandora Battery". In this case it might be better to have an extra battery ;)

oh BTW,
Rules

No racist, sexist or any other discriminating comments.
No flaming, trolling, spamming or advertising.
Requesting, posting links to or asking for help with illegal game downloads, commonly referred to as ISOs or ROMs, is forbidden.
Do not make useless posts.
Post in the correct forum or category.
We can change any of the rules at any time.
No selling of products or services.
Fully read the FAQ or Guide pertaining to your problem before asking any questions.

Watch what you type next time ;)

RETHINK_THAT

So I went to the Pandora Battery forum and although it seems helpful it says I have to already have a homebrew enabled PSP which this is not. I want to downgrade this, but it is at 3.71 SONY style, if I haven't said that before.

Geraar

thank you guys so much for taking the time to write these excellent guides!

it all worked like a charm:
I was a total noob on this 2 days ago and now i'm playing my games from memstick and also playing some homebrew chess game

thx again

stazari

Downgrading 3.6

Hey I just bought the new starwars slim psp. I was wondering if there was any way to downgrade the psp from 3.6 to 3.5 so that I can install homebrew software, thanks for the info.

Acerthief

Hey I just bought the new starwars slim psp. I was wondering if there was any way to downgrade the psp from 3.6 to 3.5 so that I can install homebrew software, thanks for the info.

Sorry bro, the lowest a slim can get is 3.60.
and even if you got to 3.50, a slim can't be downgraded to 1.5, because of the hardware difference.

What you can only do is to use the "Universal Unbricker/Installer". Check it out in the FAQ Section :D

Note that you need another PSP with custom firmware to install the memory stick.

Acerthief

will this break my psp in any way if this goes wrong or even right?
also can i then play downloaded ISO games if i downgrade from 3.52 to 1.5

If you just follow up the guide, bricking is almost impossible (0.1% less)
and no, 1.5 can't play ISO, and we DO NOT support downloading ISO games.

amder

um i have a psp wid original firmware 3.52. is there any way to upgrade it to 3.80 m33 or even 3.90 m33 without the help of pandora battery?

Acerthief

um i have a psp wid original firmware 3.52. is there any way to upgrade it to 3.80 m33 or even 3.90 m33 without the help of pandora battery?

Negative mate. That's your only way.

Extrapunkt

What would happen if i would just not start lumines so skip the lumines points in the guide and go along like it said?

could i try to accomplish runninh HEN with different games?

and im really not one of those guys that just doesnt wanna buy lumines but i just went to target, walmart and two different video renting stores and NONE had lumines...so yeah im kinda desperate now to find a way to get this done w/o lumines if even possible

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What would happen if i would just not start lumines so skip the lumines points in the guide and go along like it said?

could i try to accomplish runninh HEN with different games?

and im really not one of those guys that just doesnt wanna buy lumines but i just went to target, walmart and two different video renting stores and NONE had lumines...so yeah im kinda desperate now to find a way to get this done w/o lumines if even possible

It wouldn't work at all. HEN takes advantage of a save game exploit specific to Lumines.

Extrapunkt

hmm just beeing curious right now...
so how did they find out that lumines accomplishes the exploit? i mean did they just try random games and than suddenly it worked with lumined? o_O