• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

d1ddy

also , When I try the update it says I am running the wrong version firmware . I am on 3.52M33-4 , Do I have to plug in my charger while I do the update

chunky28

sorry please ignore....I found answer to my question. I hadn't set the it to the 3.52 kernel in the recovery console.

Thanks anyway. great work all those involved!!!!!!!!!!

#################

I've got a phat psp ta-082....I upgraded to 3.51m33 then ran keycleaner 1.4 as I couldn't connect to ps3. this worked but then it said I needed a newer version of firmware on the psp.

So tonight I've upgraded to 3.52m33 and then 3.52m33-4 using guides on this site.

I've now tried to follow this guide to get 3.71 but I get the error:

'this program requires 3.52 m33-4 or higher.'

This obviously doesn't make much sense as I have 3.52 m33-4 (it even says it under system info.)

as per the guide I've put the update folder under psp/game then put the 371.pbp into the update folder (this file is 23,094 big). oh and the battery is 100% charged and plugged in...

can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong.

Cheers

d1ddy

sorry please ignore....I found answer to my question. I hadn't set the it to the 3.52 kernel in the recovery console.

#################

I've got a phat psp ta-082....I upgraded to 3.51m33 then ran keycleaner 1.4 as I couldn't connect to ps3. this worked but then it said I needed a newer version of firmware on the psp.

So tonight I've upgraded to 3.52m33 and then 3.52m33-4 using guides on this site.

This obviously doesn't make much sense as I have 3.52 m33-4 (it even says it under system info.)

as per the guide I've put the update folder under psp/game then put the 371.pbp into the update folder (this file is 23,094 big). oh and the battery is 100% charged and plugged in...

Cheers

That' fixed my problem also ,thank you for posting it.

Acerthief

#################

Cheers

Go to Recovery Mode, choose "Configuration" -> "Set GAME Folder kernel" to 3.X

Redick4ulous

ok, I have version 3.51 M33 and i want to upgrade to 3.71 M33. I haven't heard anyone in this thread talk about having 3.51 M33 so would I be able to go straight from 3.51 M33 to 3.71 M33 or do I have to downgrade then upgrade? Can someone give me the best solution to getting to 3.71 M33? thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok, I have version 3.51 M33 and i want to upgrade to 3.71 M33. I haven't heard anyone in this thread talk about having 3.51 M33 so would I be able to go straight from 3.51 M33 to 3.71 M33 or do I have to downgrade then upgrade? Can someone give me the best solution to getting to 3.71 M33? thanks

No, you need to install 3.52 M33 first. Once it's installed, apply the 3.52 M33-4 update.

Then you'll be ready to upgrade to 3.71 M33.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok, I looked at the 3.52 M33 install guide. do I have to downgrade to 1.50 before i upgrade to 3.52 M33?

Nope, you can install it straight from 3.51 M33.

abdull321

hi iam just asking about 3.52 as i tried to download it worked fine on the creator but when i tried to do the updator it stops at the psp screen

itsadamlikewhoa

so wait, "Addon for kernel 1.50 version 2" is what i need for a phat PSP to run without the "loader"? ----> it's to add onto "CFW PSP 3.71 M33-4"

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
so wait, "Addon for kernel 1.50 version 2" is what i need for a phat PSP to run without the "loader"? ----> it's to add onto "CFW PSP 3.71 M33-4"

Yes, that's correct.

jones100001

I just finished upgrading to 3.71 and when I try to access my memory card, all I see is a file called UMD9660.iso. Can I not access folders anymore?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just finished upgrading to 3.71 and when I try to access my memory card, all I see is a file called UMD9660.iso. Can I not access folders anymore?

Press select at the PSP's main menu screen and make sure USB DEVICE is set to Memory Stick.

choggle

Downgrade

Hi is there any way that you now how i can downgrade from a sony 3.90 version down to a homebrew which will allow me to use programs and games which will work only on thee original 1.5 version
Thanks for any help
:smile::smile::smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi is there any way that you now how i can downgrade from a sony 3.90 version down to a homebrew which will allow me to use programs and games which will work only on thee original 1.5 version
Thanks for any help
:smile::smile::smile:

Wrong thread for this but yes you can downgrade 3.90 by following this guide:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

There is one catch though - you will need another PSP running custom firmware to complete most of the steps in that guide. So hopefully you know someone running custom firmware who will convert the battery and install the required memory stick files for you.

lkmg

hi, i have an original Hong Kong version of the psp slim. it is now 3.71 M33. can i used the custon firmware in this website to update to 3.90 M33? i do not need a pandora battery, right? just follow the steps list at the first page? thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi, i have an original Hong Kong version of the psp slim. it is now 3.71 M33. can i used the custon firmware in this website to update to 3.90 M33? i do not need a pandora battery, right? just follow the steps list at the first page? thanks.

Yes it will work fine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor