• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

umm i tryed to update to 3.71m33 nd it said i needed 3,52m33 # 3 or higher but i have 3.52 m33 #4 already i need help
can i have your PSP specs?

(mobo, fw history, etc)
also a change in a few files would occur that problem, have you flashed anything into flash0 before?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
umm i tryed to update to 3.71m33 nd it said i needed 3,52m33 # 3 or higher but i have 3.52 m33 #4 already i need help

You need to go into Recovery mode (hold R during bootup) and change the GAME folder kernel setting to 3.52.

leeishom

i have a slim, 3.60 m33.
is the tutorial up to date?

isnt there a 1.50 kernal addon now(which also needs to be installed with the update), so i dont need to use the eloader?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i have a slim, 3.60 m33.
is the tutorial up to date?

isnt there a 1.50 kernal addon now(which also needs to be installed with the update), so i dont need to use the eloader?

The 1.50 kernel addon cannot be installed on a Slim...

Anyways nearly all homebrew is now written for the 3.X kernel so there isn't much need for 1.5. Though eLoader will run most of the older PSP applications that were written for 1.5.

blair99

i haven't updated my psp in a long time so i got a question.
I have a normal psp and tje frimware 3.52 M33-3.
What is the newest custum firware out for the normal psp/

M33 site is gone or down is m33 still makeing firmwares. and if so do they have a site can i have a link plz.

PS: also can normal psp use the same firmwares as the slim

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i haven't updated my psp in a long time so i got a question.
I have a normal psp and tje frimware 3.52 M33-3.
What is the newest custum firware out for the normal psp/

M33 site is gone or down is m33 still makeing firmwares. and if so do they have a site can i have a link plz.

PS: also can normal psp use the same firmwares as the slim

M33 = Dark_AleX

His official site is here: http://dark-alex.org

The newest custom firmware out is 3.71 M33. Also yes 3.71 M33 is cross compatible with both the Slim and regular PSP.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what is
Despertar del Cementerio V3

Addon for kernel 1.50 v2

on this site? http://dark-alex.org/index.php?Dark_Alex=m33

also i for got what is PopsLoader for?

i upgraded to 3.71M33-3 + PopsLoader

Despertar del Cementerio is essentially an unbricker for all PSP units. A guide for setting it up can be found here...

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Kernel 1.50 add-on is only for regular PSPs, cannot be installed on PSP Slim. It improves compatibility with older homebrew.

Popsloader is for loading older versions of the PSone emulator.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
put
seplugins folder just in
F:\seplugins
right? thats how i install it right

that's the start... but it's a bit more complex than that. I posted instructions awhile back here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=24739&postcount=5

Are you sure you need to use popsloader? You don't need it to run PSone games, only to run older versions of the emulator. Generally I've found the 3.71 pops to work fine with most games.

DarkDove

I have a 3.52 M33-4 firmware old PSP and followed your guide. But it keeps on saying my PSP needs to be 3.52 M33-3 or higher. Wht's going on?

Acerthief

I have a 3.52 M33-4 firmware old PSP and followed your guide. But it keeps on saying my PSP needs to be 3.52 M33-3 or higher. Wht's going on?

did you set the GAME folder kernel to 3.52?
cause if you set it to 1.5 to updater will think that the system is 1.5 not 3.52.

stormbol

Hi i have a psp slim with version 3.60m33.When i try to run the setup,
it say verifying 371.pbp..cannot open file( 0X80001002) error..Whenever I try to rename e File of Eboot.pbp to 371.pbp.It shows a corrupted file..What shall i do?
:confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
running on 3.73....any way to revert to 3.60 or still be able to use M33?

Yes, Pandora's battery will let to revert back to 3.71 M33. You need a PSP running custom firmware to convert the battery and install the memory stick files though.

marc76

Hi im new to this. Im getting a slim psp system for xmas and i need to know what i need to play psp games off a memorycard i know its possible so please let me know ok Thanks

Acerthief

Hi im new to this. Im getting a slim psp system for xmas and i need to know what i need to play psp games off a memorycard i know its possible so please let me know ok Thanks

You'll need a "Custom Firmware". In this case, 3.71M33. but you're only way is to use a Pandora Battery and a magic memory stick. The guide to make it is stickied in FAQ and Guides Section.