• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

Extrapunkt

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

ok hey really stupid question but i wanna make sure because i wont get near a pandoras battery for a while and dont wanna brick my psp right after i bought it xD

so do you mean i must press X or i must press O to reboot? sry im a foreign exchange students and my english is good i guess but sometimes i get confused ^^

would be nice if anyone could help me thanks =)

bearx

hi, i've just updated to 3.90 m33.
all my games are working fine, but when i tried to load patapon, it shows me an error and the game doesn't load.

the error is

load failed.
the data is corrupted.
(80110306)

can anyone help?

Salamandar

Hi guys. I just updated my PSP to 3.90 M33, the games are working fine. But now my save files are corrupted. I've read somewhere that some save files from older FW wouldn't work though...

Anyway, is there a way to convert those files into ones compatibles with 3.90 M33 ? I used to play with 3.40 OE-A.

Acerthief

Hi guys. I just updated my PSP to 3.90 M33, the games are working fine. But now my save files are corrupted. I've read somewhere that some save files from older FW wouldn't work though...

Anyway, is there a way to convert those files into ones compatibles with 3.90 M33 ? I used to play with 3.40 OE-A.

Do you mean by PSX Games? or PSP Games?
Try backing up music/video/gamesaves and format the card on the PSP.

Salamandar

PSP Games. I've done what you told me to do and it still doesn't work. :(

The exact message is : "Load Failed. The data is corrupted" btw

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
PSP Games. I've done what you told me to do and it still doesn't work. :(

The exact message is : "Load Failed. The data is corrupted" btw

Do new saves work? If so, the saves that aren't working are definitely corrupted. I think it is due to a saving bug in 3.40 OE and DevHook.

There's no way to convert saves, but you could install TimeMachine to load the hybrid 1.50 + 3.40 firmware. Your old saves should work in that.

anubis93703

OK here i go, i have phat psp 3.80 M33-5, paid a guy 10 bucks to do it.... i want to update it to the new 3.90 M33-3....

all i need to do is download the update and install just like a sony update?? help me please! thanks..

anubis93703 / harrisjohn@comcast.net

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
OK here i go, i have phat psp 3.80 M33-5, paid a guy 10 bucks to do it.... i want to update it to the new 3.90 M33-3....

all i need to do is download the update and install just like a sony update?? help me please! thanks..

anubis93703 / harrisjohn@comcast.net

Basically everything on how to install 3.90 M33 is explained in the first post of this thread. Is there something in particular that you're having trouble with?

anubis93703

No, just a bit concerned im gunna screw it up.. i see it can use the wifi and update it.... so basically, i wifi the update and ill get the 3.90 m33-3?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
No, just a bit concerned im gunna screw it up.. i see it can use the wifi and update it.... so basically, i wifi the update and ill get the 3.90 m33-3?

Yes, or you can do the manual installation (perhaps safer if you don't know what you're doing)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
which one is safer??? manuel or with the wifi?? i downloaded to wifi version but yet to install...

As I said in the above post... the manual installation is safer if you don't know what you're doing.

anubis93703

Ok, thanks so much.... ended up doing the wifi and it worked fine.... dont know the diffence, but im kind od weird about having the most up to date... i appreciate the help!! can i ask you a diffrent question... how do i install the 1.50 kernal and and psptube?

email me please...

harrisjohn@comcast.net

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, thanks so much.... ended up doing the wifi and it worked fine.... dont know the diffence, but im kind od weird about having the most up to date... i appreciate the help!! can i ask you a diffrent question... how do i install the 1.50 kernal and and psptube?

email me please...

harrisjohn@comcast.net

There's instructions on how to install it in the 1.5 kernel release thread:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5634

As for PSPTube, download it here, extract the archive, then copy over the "PSPTube" folder to X:/PSP/GAME on your memory stick. The application should now show up in your Game menu.

anubis93703

awsome man! thanks..... this is why the psp community rocks..... dare i ask you one more question?? where to download psp games / iso's?

thanks!!

anubis93703.....

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
awsome man! thanks..... this is why the psp community rocks..... dare i ask you one more question?? where to download psp games / iso's?

thanks!!

anubis93703.....

No problem :) As for your other question - we don't allow discussion of downloaded games here.