• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.90 M33 Install Guide

bo_nk

sorry for the stupid question, but i didn't follow the upgrade history for quite some time ;-((

i'm with 3.40oe.
some new 'applications' ask me to upgrade.
how can upgrade to 3.90 m33?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sorry for the stupid question, but i didn't follow the upgrade history for quite some time ;-((

i'm with 3.40oe.
some new 'applications' ask me to upgrade.
how can upgrade to 3.90 m33?

Install 3.52 M33 then upgrade to 3.52 M33-3.

You can follow the 3.90 M33 install guide in this thread once on 3.52 M33-3.

dream

Hi guys, i running 3.52 M33-3 and follow the guide for upgrading to 3.90 M33.

After i press X to go for the update, it say idstorage not correct and i press X to correct it and it says successfully. Before updating, i set to "UMD Auto-start to OFF, then i proceed for 3.90M33 update, but it shows a white blank screen displaying nothing.. i waited and still no progess..i turn off my psp and now it cant turn back on. I tried hold the R button while turning on the psp but it doesnt work as well...

Is that a sign of bricking?

Pls help..

Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys, i running 3.52 M33-3 and follow the guide for upgrading to 3.90 M33.

After i press X to go for the update, it say idstorage not correct and i press X to correct it and it says successfully. Before updating, i set to "UMD Auto-start to OFF, then i proceed for 3.90M33 update, but it shows a white blank screen displaying nothing.. i waited and still no progess..i turn off my psp and now it cant turn back on. I tried hold the R button while turning on the psp but it doesnt work as well...

Is that a sign of bricking?

Pls help..

Thanks!

Yes your PSP is bricked. Someone with a Pandora battery will have to try restoring your PSP. Well you could do it yourself if you buy a pre-converted battery or by hard modding the one you currently have. You'd also need a memory stick reader to copy the Pandora files to your memory stick.

dream

Thanks x3sphere!

Infernal

I read the installer readme on this forum, when I tried to execute the file, it said "game could not be started"

Would this be because I only have 50% battery (I'm charging)?

Or is it because the file is corrupt

I read that I need 78% but that's not the error I would assume to expect :x

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I read the installer readme on this forum, when I tried to execute the file, it said "game could not be started"

Would this be because I only have 50% battery (I'm charging)?

Or is it because the file is corrupt

I read that I need 78% but that's not the error I would assume to expect :x

What firmware is your PSP currently running? Hold R when booting up your PSP and make sure the GAME folder kernel is set to 3.X.

And, yeah, the battery needs to be around 78 % charged, but that's not what this error is referring to.

Infernal

I was running the original firmware, I upgraded to the 1.5 on the main page. Then the 3.52 then the ms-33-3 i think or w/e haha

Now im doing that to --> 3.90

It's been on please wait... for like 10min :x

Infernal

I'm good on that but my screen has been on

Unpacking... done.
Please wait...

for the last 10-15 min on the 3.52ms33-3 to --> 3.90 release 3

should it be doing that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm... you probably have a slow memory stick. It should only take about 5 minutes but for some people it takes around an hour.

Infernal

I'm trying to upgrade to any other version --> 3.71, 3.8

And when I do, it says I need version 3.52m33-3 or higher...

I have 3.52m33-4..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm trying to upgrade to any other version --> 3.71, 3.8

And when I do, it says I need version 3.52m33-3 or higher...

I have 3.52m33-4..

On my other post, I said: Hold R when booting up your PSP and make sure the GAME folder kernel is set to 3.X.

If the kernel is not set to 3.X, that's why it's saying you need 3.52 M33-3 or higher.

srichards00

Just got a PSP slim.

It has the packaged firmware from Sony 3.8 and when I do everything on the instructions I get "Game could not be started" with an error code of 80020148.

I have a Lexar 4gig Memory stick.

Any ideas? :confused1:

Thanks in advance!

Acerthief

Just got a PSP slim.

It has the packaged firmware from Sony 3.8 and when I do everything on the instructions I get "Game could not be started" with an error code of 80020148.

I have a Lexar 4gig Memory stick.

Any ideas? :confused1:

Thanks in advance!

These app downloaded here are called "homebrew", which sadly, doesn't run on Official Firmware.

There's a guide that teaches you to use "The universal unbricker" to take you to 3.90M33-3 directly, but you'll need a PSP with custom firmware already to install the set for you.

srichards00

There's no other way? I don't know anyone else who has a psp ><, let alone a one with custom firmware. Bah. If that's the only way, how was the first custom software that was released installed on a psp, like it had to start somewhere so there has to be some way to do it aside from the above mentioned. Right?

n0aim

Hi I did ALL steps up to 3, my psp is fully charged, i start the update and then it says "The game could not be started (80020148)"...

Think you can help me? Thx in advance.

Acerthief

Hi I did ALL steps up to 3, my psp is fully charged, i start the update and then it says "The game could not be started (80020148)"...

Think you can help me? Thx in advance.

If you have official firmware on your PSP currently, this will not apply.