• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

Pranzer

The Noob FAQ as of now doesn't work for 4.01 OFW

sk8fr3ak

Plz some1 help me, im kinda noobish with these things.
I download the update, place it on right place, started the update proccess, but it tells me there is no 401.Pbp and asks me to download it from the net. It wouldnt be a problem that i can connect to any connection, but i cant. Where is that file, where can i get it? Please help

Acerthief

Plz some1 help me, im kinda noobish with these things.
I download the update, place it on right place, started the update proccess, but it tells me there is no 401.Pbp and asks me to download it from the net. It wouldnt be a problem that i can connect to any connection, but i cant. Where is that file, where can i get it? Please help

First post of the thread includes the link.

arcenio

I get an error.

First it says 401.pbp cant be found (which is in x:pSP/GAME/UPDATE) then it says Download from internet? So i press yes, then it finds connection then it says Uerror: (numbers) then closes.

What am i doing wrong?

NVM, got it.
if you have already 4.01 ofw, write it like this 401.PBP put it to x:pSP/GAME/UPDATE include the EBOOT.PBP of 4.01M33..i asure to you that its working..i try it from my psp slim.....

jewemi

Dear Gurus,

my psp was previously on 3.71 m33-2 but i accidentally upgraded it to 4.00 OFW.

Now that i wanna install 4.01 m33 it only gives me an error saying game cannot be started. Does this mean I must go through the pandora batt & memstick way again?

Advice needed desperately, thanks!

any help on my problem?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
any help on my problem?

Yes you'll need to use a Pandora battery and magic memory stick. There's no way to convert the battery on official firmware, though, so you'll need to either purchase a pre-converted battery or have someone with CFW convert it for you.

jewemi

Yes you'll need to use a Pandora battery and magic memory stick. There's no way to convert the battery on official firmware, though, so you'll need to either purchase a pre-converted battery or have someone with CFW convert it for you.

OK Got it! thanks dude! Cheerios!

kylos2k7

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DONE EVERYTHING THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID TO INSTALL 4.01 M33 BUT ON MY PSP IT STARTS THEN IT SAYS THE GAME CANNOT BE STARTED( 80020148 )SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0NRG

The same thing happens for me. My PSP is stock standard and I have done what it says in the guide. Its running version 3.90. Is there anything I need to install before this to get it to work?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Acerthief

I DONE EVERYTHING THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID TO INSTALL 4.01 M33 BUT ON MY PSP IT STARTS THEN IT SAYS THE GAME CANNOT BE STARTED( 80020148 )SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

The same thing happens for me. My PSP is stock standard and I have done what it says in the guide. Its running version 3.90. Is there anything I need to install before this to get it to work?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

CRUSHER

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....
I have a PSP Phat and running on 3.52 M33 and install the update 4. I tried to install the 4.01 M33 and 4.01 M33-2 but when i check the system information it shows that my System Software is still 3.52 M33 . Please let me know what happen ....

I also dont know where to put the 150k addon bec i didnt see this folder /PSP/GAME4XX

Thanks

CRUSHER

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....

I have installed 4.01 M33-2 and it show's on my system information.

Do I still need to install 1.50 add-on?

Thanks

Thanks

gojira

Right, so I'm a complete and utter newbie at this trying to update for the first time, yey, I'm running 3.80 at the moment, do I need to go to 3.90 as stated above before doing this cause I get an error message when I'm trying to run the update saying the game can't be launched, couldn't suck more at this...

norjamila

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

:blushing:just want to know, i got slim PSP CFW 3.80 M33-5. If I want to upgrade my CFW to 4.01 M33-2, is it must use mms and pandora battery? Sorry there, I'm still new with this...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....

I have installed 4.01 M33-2 and it show's on my system information.

Do I still need to install 1.50 add-on?

Thanks

Thanks

No the 1.5 add-on is entirely optional, though it will increase compatibility with older homebrew applications. Remember it is only for the regular fat PSP models though.

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

:blushing:just want to know, i got slim PSP CFW 3.80 M33-5. If I want to upgrade my CFW to 4.01 M33-2, is it must use mms and pandora battery? Sorry there, I'm still new with this...

It is highly recommended to create a Pandora setup, since with it you'll be able to restore your PSP in case of a brick (there is always the slight chance of bricking when writing to the PSP's flash memory). But to answer your question, no you don't need a magic memory stick or Pandora battery to install 4.01 M33.

norjamila

Sorry,

Just one more question. If I upgrade using network update (wi-fi), that one from Sony OFW or from M33 team? I'm using 3.80 M33-5. Sorry again...:sad:

slickodog

hi

I have a slim and light 2003 (white) the software is version 4 (sony). I have tried the above but keep getiing the answer 'THis game could not be started (800020148).

I have not loaded anything else on the machine. Should I be loading other stuff on first ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sorry,

Just one more question. If I upgrade using network update (wi-fi), that one from Sony OFW or from M33 team? I'm using 3.80 M33-5. Sorry again...:sad:

By default it is set to use the M33 network update.

Go into recovery mode (hold R while booting) to check. There's an option in configuration called Use M33 network update. Should be enabled by default.

hi

I have a slim and light 2003 (white) the software is version 4 (sony). I have tried the above but keep getiing the answer 'THis game could not be started (800020148).

I have not loaded anything else on the machine. Should I be loading other stuff on first ?

Read: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=6832

Your question has been answered numerous times in this thread.