• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

pspknightx

Re: geminirecon

What is your kernel under recovery menu? It must be set to 3.xx kernel
To load to recovery menu, hold "R" while turning on your PSP.

hi... im a new psp owner... can u please explain to me how does this new firmware differs from the previous firmware version???

Which previous firmware version do you mean?
version 4.01 only add on some minor features which listed in this thread:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7628

poxe679

3-93 upgrade

im new to all this this will be my first mod to psp phat can you explain or someone tell me what to do to go from 9.93 to the new4.01 m33-2 please much apreciated

pspknightx

CRUSHER

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....
I have a PSP Phat and running on 3.40OE by dark alex Firmware. How I can upgrate to 4.01 M33-2 Firmware?
Please let me know the step or guide me trought it ....

Do i need also to install this 1.50 kernel for Add-on for 4.01 M33

Thanks

mamoulian

I had this same problem. I solved it by doing a hard reboot, holding down R, booting up the recovery menu. Go to configuration, and change the game folder homebrew from 1.5 to 3.xx. It worked for me after that, hope it does for you as well.

Aha!
Yes that's done it, thanks muchly!

mamoulian

To flash to 4.01 M33 you're required to have ATLEAST 3.71 M33-2 or higher firmware. Anything lower then 3.71 M33-2 will not flash properly. That occours to some of you here.

I just updated from 3.52 M33-4 to 4.01... turns out the problem was a recovery menu setting, I had the game folder set to 1.5 not 3.52. Having changed that it installed and seems fine.

Cheers

brarob

OK I've got a regular 3.95 install and I've got both the 4.01 M33 and EBOOT files in /psp/games/update but I get the error "Unable to start game"

Any ideas how I can get it to upgrade to this new M33 version? Tried reformatting the card as well, and have it hooked up to a power supply.

Pranzer

This Installation guide doesn't work in PSP with 4.01 OFW. I have tried pandorized my battery but it needs to be 3.50 or higher, also must be homebrew 3.xx. Since some of us updated our psp to 4.01 by accident we are totally locked up. Please is there any guide to make our 4.01 OFW to be 4.01 m33 please post the link in here.

pspknightx

Only Pandora can help you by now... Sry...

pspknightx

Hi x3sphere,PSPKNIGHTX

Some question for u.....
I have a PSP Phat and running on 3.40OE by dark alex Firmware. How I can upgrate to 4.01 M33-2 Firmware?
Please let me know the step or guide me trought it ....

Do i need also to install this 1.50 kernel for Add-on for 4.01 M33

Thanks

Here's the guide to update your PSP 3.40OE to 3.52m33,

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

After that, grab this file and update your 3.52m33 to 4th update (extract out the UPDATE folder and put in under x:/PSP/GAME and run it)

http://exophase.com/files/psp/M33-1234.zip

Then, you should be able to follow the "4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide" since you have then minimum requirement of 3.52m33-4 firmware.

OK I've got a regular 3.95 install and I've got both the 4.01 M33 and EBOOT files in /psp/games/update but I get the error "Unable to start game"

Any ideas how I can get it to upgrade to this new M33 version? Tried reformatting the card as well, and have it hooked up to a power supply.

Because you are having the Official Firmware 3.95, so the only way to upgrade to M33 version is by using pandora battery and magic MS. Try to find some friend who owns CFW PSP and help you to pandorize. :smile:

geminirecon

Still need help with this problem. Pleeease

Need Help!

This is what happens when I install:

I install update folder with eboot inside game folder along with 401.PBP.
Then I run it in the game-mem stick. verifying 401.PBP-ok, verifying u235-ok.
"press x to start" it said. Then i presses x.
"Starting sce updater" then the screen went blank.
then this message came out:

"The system configuration of this PSP
system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be completed.
Contact the technical support for assistance,
(DRNFFFFFFBO)"

what should i do?

geminirecon

Same thing happens after using Key Cleaner. except that the following message appears after" Verifying u235.prx... OK":

"Some of your idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader. In order to continue, press X to restore the correct values, press R to exit"

TheUrbanMyth

Thank YOU! Team M33, including of course Dark Alex. I have been eagerly awaiting this release as I was under version 3.95 when I got the PSP so was unable to use any homebrew, etc. :crying: I am now under 4.0 Official and now I can finally enjoy it to its fullest potential. :biggrin: I'm off to Instal this FW RIGHT NOW!ANYthing I can do to return the favor, say the word! Cheers Team and THANKS AGAIN from The Urban Myth in Canada!:w00t:

spockk

Benefit of upgrading to 4.01 m33

To x3sphere / pspknightx

I am currently using a PSP slim with firmware 3.90 m33 or 3.80 m33 (cant recall)... the only advantage i see of upgrading to 4.01 m33 -2 would be DivX video playback.... can anyone confirm DivX/Xvid playback in their modded PSPs ?

Would be good to know before i took the plunge !! Thanks in advance !!

harsha

Just follow the above instructions, it will work fine. I haven't personally tested it - but reading over at PSPGEN, a few folks upgraded from 3.95 GEN-2 to 4.01 M33 successfully.

I have custom firmware 3.93. Can I downgrade to 4.01 M33 directly? Please help

jewemi

Need pandora batt & memstick?

Dear Gurus,

my psp was previously on 3.71 m33-2 but i accidentally upgraded it to 4.00 OFW.

Now that i wanna install 4.01 m33 it only gives me an error saying game cannot be started. Does this mean I must go through the pandora batt & memstick way again?

Advice needed desperately, thanks!

theman21

Can anyone help me plaese, i just bought a psp today. i have tryed to install the 401 custom firmware but when i try to run it it say game could not be started. same thing when i try to install lua.

my psp has the official sony 401 update already.

thanks for any help

Acerthief

Can anyone help me plaese, i just bought a psp today. i have tryed to install the 401 custom firmware but when i try to run it it say game could not be started. same thing when i try to install lua.

my psp has the official sony 401 update already.

thanks for any help

Start out by looking at the "Noob FAQ" thread in the FAQ and Guide Section of the forums.