• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

4.01 M33 Easy Installation Guide

geminirecon

Need Help!

This is what happens when I install:

I install update folder with eboot inside game folder along with 401.PBP.
Then I run it in the game-mem stick. verifying 401.PBP-ok, verifying u235-ok.
"press x to start" it said. Then i presses x.
"Starting sce updater" then the screen went blank.
then this message came out:

"The system configuration of this PSP
system does not appear to be correct.
The update cannot be completed.
Contact the technical support for assistance,
(DRNFFFFFFBO)"

what should i do?

pspknightx

What is your PSP firmware?
Try go to your Recovery Menu (hold "R" and then turn on your PSP) and change your Kernel to 3.xx.

CRUSHER

No the 1.5 add-on is entirely optional, though it will increase compatibility with older homebrew applications. Remember it is only for the regular fat PSP models though.

X3SPHERE.... YES IM USING THE FAT PSP.... SHOULD I STILL ADD THE 1.5 ADD-ON? I CAN NOT ALSO SEE THE PSP\GAME4XX FOLDER.

THANKS

pspknightx

Normally you will have to create it by yourself.

Simply connect your PSP to PC and create the folder named GAME4XX under the PSP folder.

pspknightx

Normally you will have to create it by yourself.

Simply connect your PSP to PC and create the folder named GAME4XX under the PSP folder.

yosh10

thanks!
it works when installed manually.
just updated my psp to 4.01 m33-2.

is it also applicable to psp fat?

Seye

Here is a detailed step by step guide for installing the newly released 4.01 M33. Please note that you must be running 3.52 M33-3, or higher to begin this installation. Do note that if you're already running 3.80 M33 and have a WiFi connection, you can simply update to 3.90 M33 by selecting Network Update from the PSP XMB.

Installing 4.01 M33

First grab the 4.01 M33 files and extract them.

1. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME

2. Download the 4.01 EBOOT, and then place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the program, it will not run unless there is 78 percent battery free.

4. Press X and the update process will start. Yes it may look similar to a regular Sony update but don't worry!

5. Once finished, the updater will ask you to press X or O to reboot. You MUST do this, otherwise you'll end up with a brick.

6. You've successfully installed 4.01 M33!

Upgrading to 4.01 M33-2

After installing 4.01 M33, it is recommended to apply the latest update for additional bug fixes and related firmware improvements. Below is a quick three step walkthrough on how to manually update the firmware. Please note that you must have already installed 4.01 M33, as detailed above, in order to begin this process.

1. Download the 4.01 M33-2 update files and extract the archive.

2. Copy the UPDATE folder contained in the archive to X:/PSP/GAME, where X is the letter of your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, do so.

3. Navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and execute the 4.01 M33-2 update program. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update your firmware.

Hi I would like to upgrade to 4.01m33-2 but am currently using 3.80 sony official firmware how do I go about it thanks.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys

Can anybody tell me if I can play CSO games on 4.01 m33-2 or just ISO games

Both.

can i upgrade too v4.01 from 3.90m33-3 pandora via wifi on network update???/

Yes you can. Make sure M33 network update is set in the recovery menu.

Luffy Sama

Hey there

I will soon buy a PSP very soon the ver. is 3.5 if I buy it can I install 4.01 M33 on it ?

the PSP is not Slim ( I don't know what it is called )

if I can't what do I ver. I need

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey there

I will soon buy a PSP very soon the ver. is 3.5 if I buy it can I install 4.01 M33 on it ?

the PSP is not Slim ( I don't know what it is called )

if I can't what do I ver. I need

With 3.50 you have two options. Either downgrade to 1.5 using the game Lumines (the original not the sequel) or use a Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

A guide for downgrading using Lumines can be found here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2470

Krysis

Ive got 3.71 M33-2 and everytime i try to perform an update my psp stops and puts an eror saying the update could not be completed or somthing then i have to turn it off by yanking the battery, then go through pandora again is there ANYTHING i should do before trying to perform this update?

*** UPDATE ***

Just tried...and failed again

zabber666

I have 4.01. I did install the 4.01 m33 upgrade and followed every steps but when i push the upgrade button it says : The game could not be start (80020148)
What am i doing wrong ????

ingwie1993

so, i've got mor problems! i was a so idit! befor the 4,01m33 relased, i updated! so now i habe the sony firmware 4,01, but i whish to update of 4,01 m33. i need help, FAST!

astatine21

someone help! i was running 3.90m33-3 and decided to update to 4.01 using the network update on my psp... after following the instructions given here, i tried playing games. BUT none of them appeared in the game menu. what did i do wrong?

XardeX

People i need help... I bought a psp,upgraded it to 4.01 version,formated my memory stick...but it didnt add the ISO folder!!! I dont know what to do...I tryed to fix it with many programmes but when I run them they are giving the following error- "This game cannot be started" "80020148" PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luffy Sama

With 3.50 you have two options. Either downgrade to 1.5 using the game Lumines (the original not the sequel) or use a Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

A guide for downgrading using Lumines can be found here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2470

well both are hard and and risky

as well I don' know if I can find Lumines or get all the needed things for the Pandora battery and magic memory stick.

although thank you alot