• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

A Song You Discovered Today

Colm

Shining - Islands
Wow, this entire album is awesome, but Shining's become one of my favourite tracks. Take note, just as the first Islands album was completely different from their second, this third one's just as different, so you mightn't like it at first.

LocutusEstBorg

Queen - Flash Gordon
Its a whole album -- The soundtrack the movie Flash Gordon.

Has some nice really old school movie style elements. Most of the tracks are nice musical compositions on their own. It probably needs to be listened to in order from start to finish.

TeamOverload

Over my Head (Cable Car) - Cartel

Probably one of my favorite covers ever. The whole album, Punk Goes Pop 2, is hilarious and awesome if you like punk rock.

That is indeed a great album. I know a lot of people who enjoy it, even if they don't generally like either punk or pop music. Just fantastic all around.

Colm

Queen - Flash Gordon

Has some nice really old school movie style elements. Most of the tracks are nice musical compositions on their own. It probably needs to be listened to in order from start to finish.
I don't think I'd ever be able to listen to the full album. I'd just hear "FLASH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and be unable to hear the rest of the album due to me laughing.

mannymix03

Queen - Flash Gordon

Theres a sidewalk at my university where someone carved "FLASH AHHHHHHHH!" in it

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Its actually by A Day to Remember, not cartel

Oh wow, thanks I don't know why I put Cartel...

On topic I guess, Vices - Brand New is maybe my favorite song off Daisy (even though the actual song is pretty short disregarding the intro). It's got some screaming that could be off-putting but I really like it.

LocutusEstBorg

Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her

I don't know how to describe this other than REALLY old shool and cheesy. Especially the part where the deep voice goes "bum bum bum bummmm..."

Its still a nice song. Give it a listen even if you've never heard of it.

Colm

The Parting Of The Sensory - Modest Mouse
This showed up on one of my Genius playlists.
I like it... kind of...

LocutusEstBorg

The Parting Of The Sensory - Modest Mouse
This showed up on one of my Genius playlists.
I like it... kind of...

Sometimes the guy sounds exactly like Mick Jagger. First time I heard them I was WTF new 'Stones album I havent heard??

Colm

Sometimes the guy sounds exactly like Mick Jagger. First time I heard them I was WTF new 'Stones album I havent heard??

I know. I'm not a fan of that guy's voice tbh. I mean, once that song hits 4 minutes, I'm just thinking about switching because he just starts practically screaming...
..acquired taste I guess though, it's a good song up to that moment.

Colm

I listened to twenty songs today without knowing the names of any of them. I loved all of them, and the only ones that I've got a name on are "The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts" by Sufjan Stevens and "Float" by Flogging Molly.

Cryox

Bro.
Break - Three Days Grace

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsjaIb2VhTM[/YT]
Music Video sucks imo. Don't watch, just listen.

eldiablov

Contributor
M83 - Kim and Jessie (DatA Remix)

It's a very different approach to Kim and Jessie, and I love it. :D

I will be listening to that momentarily, I grabbed DatA's album last night, I'm yet to listen though.

EDIT: I dont like it :/ Loses all it's dramaticness imo.