• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield: Bad Company 2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Um, are you running it on max? Despite the way overuse of bloom, I found the graphics amazing. Definitely above MW2 in all aspects.

I don't think he has seen the PC version in motion as he mentioned playing it on 360. Graphically, though, it is indeed on another level compared to MW2.

Some screens I took fully maxed at 8xAA:

BFBC2Game-2010-03-07-19-26-36-49.jpg

BFBC2Game-2010-03-07-19-20-39-63.jpg

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I don't think he has seen the PC version in motion as he mentioned playing it on 360. Graphically, though, it is indeed on another level compared to MW2.

[qimg]http://relm.exophase.com/screenshots/BC2/BFBC2Game-2010-03-07-19-26-36-49.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://relm.exophase.com/screenshots/BC2/BFBC2Game-2010-03-07-19-20-39-63.jpg[/qimg]

Looks the same as the 360 version to me. I can do some screenshots next time I'm on if you want :)
I think BC2s graphics are on par with MW2s.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

[qimg]http://relm.exophase.com/screenshots/BC2/BFBC2Game-2010-03-07-19-26-36-49.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://relm.exophase.com/screenshots/BC2/BFBC2Game-2010-03-07-19-20-39-63.jpg[/qimg]

The problem I have with that is to get it like that, you need a really good, really expensive card, even my GTX 275 doesn't handle the game well with the settings up. There's just something about the game, visually, that I haven't been able to figure out. Yes, if you stop and look at it for a moment it does look impressive, but I still like the looks of MW2 better when the game is actually in motion. You get more particle effects, better explosions and smoke effects in MW2 I believe.

Should also note that when playing BC2 that, while my framerate was up in the 70-90s at my settings, the game still seemed choppy. MW2 was in more of an urban settings while BC2 is more of a rural, foliage-covered environment where you really need graphics maxed out to take in the full effects.

EDIT: Just maxed out my settings and it might actually be playable, no idea why I wasn't getting good framerates before. Also I think I know what my problem is: sure graphics are great, but in motion (particularly sprinting) I feel like there's 1 frame that's just taking a quick pause or something that is creating this "choppy" feeling. Even though I'm over 30fps I still get this "choppy" framerate action going on while sprinting

The AK model and other gun models look great, and I find myself using weapons based upon how they look over their function often but in the end, when the game is in motion, I still prefer the look and feel of MW2.

EDIT2: Playing a bit more with settings up has changed my opinion, graphics are indeed much better on the PC, just don't think I'm a huge fan of the settings so far (snow, forest) - more of an urban fan I guess

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Looks the same as the 360 version to me. I can do some screenshots next time I'm on if you want :)
I think BC2s graphics are on par with MW2s.

If you can post some shots that'd be great. Biggest difference between the 360 and PC is texture quality. The mountains in the distance, for instance, will look more washed out on 360 from what I've heard. The shadow effects also are not as well defined.

FrozenIpaq said:
EDIT: Just maxed out my settings and it might actually be playable, no idea why I wasn't getting good framerates before. Also I think I know what my problem is: sure graphics are great, but in motion (particularly sprinting) I feel like there's 1 frame that's just taking a quick pause or something that is creating this "choppy" feeling. Even though I'm over 30fps I still get this "choppy" framerate action going on while sprinting

Do you have VSync off?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
If you can post some shots that'd be great. Biggest difference between the 360 and PC is texture quality. The mountains in the distance, for instance, will look more washed out on 360 from what I've heard. The shadow effects also are not as well defined.

Do you have VSync off?

It's less noticeable with VSync off, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me (was definetly a problem with VSync on but that always seems to cause problems when on so I turned it off)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'll take back my previous statements, the game looks and seems to play great as well...on the PC. While I would love to pick it up on the 360 to play with all my friends who are thinking about getting it, the difference between 360 and PC is night and day. I think I'll buy this game if I can get a good deal on it for the PC, but right now I'll stick with just the SP (pirated copy :/ )

Seth

MD Party Room
So I just picked up this game and I cant wait to play it, CODmw2 is getting a little stale and I wanted something new and fun, I got the (Limited Edition) for 50 bones and I quite happy about it, Also I about the first one for like 10 bucks a week ago so I going to be very busy. :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just beat the single player, wished it was longer. Didn't really have many areas of the game I would want to go back and play over again, was a similar experience throughout the game. Silenced weapons also don't seem to be "silent", never could take the silent approach in this game and that's one thing I love to do

TeamOverload

I've just started experimenting with the Medic kit and I've found myself enjoying it quite a bit, much more so than expected. I still can't bring myself down to the level of being one of those 80 billion Recon kit users. A few people on each team is fine, but when near entire teams are using it, it gets to be a bit ridiculous.

ilyace

I played almost exclusively as an Engineer, till I unlocked the PP2000 and realized I have 11k points till the UMP. Time for unlocking Assault weapons now :D

I've been steadily burning the classes, trying to unlock everything equally. The weapons vary a little, but some do appear as clear winners, like the XM8 P AR. The SAIGA, also is an excellent rush style of weapon. I use it more than snipers when I play recon.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Adiuvo

I played almost exclusively as an Engineer, till I unlocked the PP2000 and realized I have 11k points till the UMP. Time for unlocking Assault weapons now :D

It goes a lot quicker than you would think, believe me ;)

I've been using the M14 quite a bit with the medic kit. At first I was assault shotgun with the NS2000, but it's so difficult to get points as an assault, and when I had C4 I rarely used it. Medic with M14 is ridiculously easy to get points as. They really need to reduce the amount you get for a revival. It's 80 for a squadmate, that's nearly double they amount you get for killing someone.

EvilSeph

Administrator
It goes a lot quicker than you would think, believe me ;)

I've been using the M14 quite a bit with the medic kit. At first I was assault shotgun with the NS2000, but it's so difficult to get points as an assault, and when I had C4 I rarely used it. Medic with M14 is ridiculously easy to get points as. They really need to reduce the amount you get for a revival. It's 80 for a squadmate, that's nearly double they amount you get for killing someone.

?!? it's not difficult at all to level up as Assault... It's probably most difficult to level up as an engineer if you're new to the game and without a dedicated squad.