• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield: Bad Company 2

PR0fessor Burnt

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of this game? The graphics for me just aren't cutting it (also can't put it up to my native resolution on high without suffering major in FPS area even though I have a GTX 275). I'm going to have to try this game out again today but so far the single player leaves me unimpressed (could be my 30-40fps framerate that is making it far from enjoyable. My friends are picking it up for the 360 and are going to take a break from MW2 but I just can't see myself spending $60 on it when I don't think the multiplayer "fun"factor will last for long

Im a fan of all batlefield games and I love BC2 its gameplay before graphics for me

Question regarding the PC version; is you game key bound to your EA Account?

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of this game? The graphics for me just aren't cutting it (also can't put it up to my native resolution on high without suffering major in FPS area even though I have a [HIGHLIGHT]GTX 275[/HIGHLIGHT]). I'm going to have to try this game out again today but so far the single player leaves me unimpressed (could be my 30-40fps framerate that is making it far from enjoyable. My friends are picking it up for the 360 and are going to take a break from MW2 but I just can't see myself spending $60 on it when I don't think the multiplayer "fun"factor will last for long

That's very... odd.

Are you on XP? Apparently XP users have massive performance problems.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Question regarding the PC version; is you game key bound to your EA Account?

That's very... odd.

Are you on XP? Apparently XP users have massive performance problems.

Nope, Windows 7... I also tried out the Just Cause demo on Steam and performance on that seems degraded as well yet the clock speeds on my card are normal, quite annoying.

The gameplay in BC2 just doesn't suit me that well, I'm going to give it another shot though after I fix out my performance problems

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try turning off AA and disable HBAO. Should be able to get 60 FPS average on a GTX275.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Try turning off AA and disable HBAO. Should be able to get 60 FPS average on a GTX275.

Thanks, AA disabled and it's running much better. I know AA really stresses the cards but I figured the 275 could handle it at least, guess not (really would've liked some AA going on but it's playing much better)

Adiuvo

Jaggies aren't bad in this game anyways. I'm running it quite well; about 50-60 FPS at 1650x1080 with HBAO on, AA at x2, and AF at x8. Only time I lag is at that ending scene where a helicopter blows up an entire building.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Just beat campaign it was pretty fun overall.
BC2 had those moments that was just funny
Such a shock when that [BLACKOUT]hippie dude died.[/BLACKOUT];_;

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Am I the only one who isn't a fan of this game?

You're not alone, I played the demo and it wasn't as fun as everyone made it out to be. I should note that I also hated call of duty 4 when I first played the beta, and it wasn't until I gave it a second chance that I ended up liking it.

TeamOverload

Just picked this up today, so probably just gonna breeze through campaign before I really play online too much. Wanna get back into the Battlefield swing of things.

TeamOverload

I got right into a match last night when I went to play on the XBOX 360 version. This was around 11PM EST, so I'm not sure if the connectivity issues were/are fixed or I just got lucky.

user friendly

Battlefield Blog
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Update (2010-03-07)
BY: GordonVanDyke POSTED: Mar 07, 2010, 12:37PM COMMENTS: 1
After optimizations and restarts yesterday, we had been stable across all platforms. Unfortunately, we encountered another outage at approximately 9:30 AM PST today.

- X360 was severely impacted, and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely.
- PC had an outage, but the service is offline currently and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely. We will then start checking the quality of the customer experience to determine possible next steps.
- PS3 appeared to have a brief outage, but has quickly recovered and the services is functioning properly at this time.

All teams are actively engaged in diagnosis and remediation. We are adding additional services to alleviate load. Despite having a major infrastructure in place, the peak traffic this weekend has been huge, 400% higher than any other Battlefield's peak simultaneous users. The teams will continue to monitor the services closely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will provide further updates on the latest developments as they are relevant.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I really need to get a VIP code...
Anyone know of anyone who got the game but doesn't play online?