• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Anyone able to connect on the PC version? All i've been getting are EA Connect Failures now. The multiplayer was great for the small glimpse that I saw, but I've finished the SP and would have expected the multiplayer to be at least functional after 5 days since retail.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Anyone able to connect on the PC version? All i've been getting are EA Connect Failures now. The multiplayer was great for the small glimpse that I saw, but I've finished the SP and would have expected the multiplayer to be at least functional after 5 days since retail.

It's apparantly down due to 400% more demand than expected but services are said to start again shortly as said by DICE a fw hours ago

ericdesouza

Saw the video,cant wait for this game to pop in my letterbox Friday,don't play much online gaming due to lack of good games online,this will make me a online 24/7 player.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

LocutusEstBorg

How the hell is the VIP code an anti-piracy measure? You can't play online with a pirated copy anyway.

If the keys are not region locked I could buy you a retail non-steam key real cheap (sub $20) in exchange for something else.

About the game... They let you keep your soldier name from the pre-order beta. The single player is the most lousy piece of crap I have ever played. It feels extremely cheap and low budget. The way you move, shoot and everything just feels cheap. The animations are buggy and look completely fake. There are scenes in the game that are blatantly ripped off from other games like having to heat up at a fire like in Crysis. The only reason I even played it is because I couldn't connect online for 2 days without getting kicked by PB.

The multiplayer is extremely good. I'm a little disappointed that vehicular combat has been toned down so much. Its really hard to go on a rampage in a fully loaded jeep and run over people like in BF2.

The hit detection is almost perfect for an online game, especially the sniper rifles. The sniper in BF2 was almost useless because of the lag.

Robby

Los Doyers!
How the hell is the VIP code an anti-piracy measure? You can't play online with a pirated copy anyway.

If the keys are not region locked I could buy you a retail non-steam key real cheap (sub $20) in exchange for something else.

About the game... They let you keep your soldier name from the pre-order beta. The single player is the most lousy piece of crap I have ever played. It feels extremely cheap and low budget. The way you move, shoot and everything just feels cheap. The animations are buggy and look completely fake. There are scenes in the game that are blatantly ripped off from other games like having to heat up at a fire like in Crysis. The only reason I even played it is because I couldn't connect online for 2 days without getting kicked by PB.

The multiplayer is extremely good. I'm a little disappointed that vehicular combat has been toned down so much. Its really hard to go on a rampage in a fully loaded jeep and run over people like in BF2.

The hit detection is almost perfect for an online game, especially the sniper rifles. The sniper in BF2 was almost useless because of the lag.

He is talking about the xbox360 version, he has a modded console.

Annnd I didn't know people bought Battlefield for its single player, you only play these type of games for its online.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Slasher

Suck It
What exactly does the VIP code even do?

I entered it when it prompted me to on the PS3 version, but I honestly don't even know what it did lol...

I think it displayed some text telling me what it did, but my TV screen is pretty small so I can't read the text in this game since it's also pretty small.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

I entered it when it prompted me to on the PS3 version, but I honestly don't even know what it did lol...

I think it displayed some text telling me what it did, but my TV screen is pretty small so I can't read the text in this game since it's also pretty small.

If I recall correctly it entitles you to free DLC down the line (whereas you would normally pay for it, the first DLC may be free)

EDIT: Found a comment on another board discussing it, found the comment funny:

4420058579_223a77c8b5_o.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
He is talking about the xbox360 version, he has a modded console.

Annnd I didn't know people bought Battlefield for its single player, you only play these type of games for its online.

I felt the single player campaign blew Modern Warfare 2 away. Animations looked fine to me. I did notice a few bugs though with flickering textures and such. Apparently just a CrossFire issue though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I felt the single player campaign blew Modern Warfare 2 away. Animations looked fine to me. I did notice a few bugs though with flickering textures and such. Apparently just a CrossFire issue though.

For me there's too much running around, kill guys here, get to the next checkpoint, etc. I'm not too far into the campaign right now but at least MW2 offered more variety in the various situations you found yourself in

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
The knife in BC2 is the glitchiest thing :p
At one point on campaign I had to stab someone in the back, and purposefully did it from the longer range you can knife to see how much lunge you get, and my character spun around him and stabbed his front, alerting all the other enemies!
So no one has any idea if VIP codes are region locked?

Slasher

Suck It
I enjoyed the MW2 campaign much more than I've been enjoying this one

I mean, it's alright, but there's something missing that just makes it not quite as appealing. The polish just isn't there.

The animations are kind of subpar...

Ipaq, I can tell what you mean by the graphics not being quite as good on console as I'm sure they are on the PC. The graphics are pretty good, but not nearly as good as for example MW2. I guess the trade off is that shit is destructible in this one, and the maps are also quite a bit larger.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I found the campaign missions to be quite varied, especially the ones with a mix of vehicular and on-foot assault. As far as the pacing goes it seemed very similar to MW2 in that respect.

Robby

Los Doyers!

Well I enjoyed the campaign myself, I was just saying people don't buy battlefield games for the single player portion so you shouldn't expect much. I did enjoy the campaign though, but I think MW2 had a better one.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

For right now it unlocked 2 maps, one for conquest and one for rush.

Then in the future, you get free DLC.

Adiuvo

Ipaq, I can tell what you mean by the graphics not being quite as good on console as I'm sure they are on the PC. The graphics are pretty good, but not nearly as good as for example MW2. I guess the trade off is that shit is destructible in this one, and the maps are also quite a bit larger.

Um, are you running it on max? Despite the way overuse of bloom, I found the graphics amazing. Definitely above MW2 in all aspects.