• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

El Diablo

I might be exaggerating a little bit but it was literally 1 person spawned, dead, I spawn, dead, person 3 spawns, dead. The 2 people on the other team were just laying there shooting at where we spawned and killed us the second we were out. I only had it happen once but I have had the whole people spawn right behind you thing a lot too.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Spawns are kinda fucked, especially on Nuketown.
I swear it's not ACTUALLY possible to check your overall k/d? You can see it for the last 5 games and for all gamemodes, but not overall :S

Anybody else experiencing an odd lag in PC MP? Pings fine, so is framerate, yet I get a lot of stuttering (not general hitreg lag). Some guy on a server says a patch is coming soon to address that, just curious if any of you have spot it.

Speaking of which, those with issues with PC performance; try messing around with the console. You can disable DoF, distortion, blur and some others. They should help your framerate, as it seems to max all postprocessing regardless of setting.

Multiplayer is superb. Definite improvement over MW2. By far.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
me and some of my friends were playing 3v3, and the spawning behind an enemy/in front of an enemy, happened a few times for us, while playing in one area, i spawned moved 10 feet, got shot, spawned in the same spot, and got shot spawning, then i spawned about 30 feet away from that spot, and got shot...again, finally i got spawned somewhere else on the map, but that was pretty shitty spawning imo

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The only time I came across getting smoked right after spawning was when I spawned on some slow moving corner creeper.

I like that there seems to be a bit more recoil with the weapons, and the sub-machine guns can't shoot across the map accurately. It feels like they gave a range to each weapon and once your target is beyond that, the bullets spray more. (Although I haven't played Hardcore yet and uncovered the equivalent of the silenced UMP.). A friend said that the AK-74u was pretty beastly though, I haven't hit the level to unlock it yet.

Overall MP level design seems nice, each maps has a nice mix of close quarters and long line-of-sights. I like what I've seen so far, but haven't even touched anything but Ground War.

january39

eXo Staff
I like that there seems to be a bit more recoil with the weapons, and the sub-machine guns can't shoot across the map accurately. It feels like they gave a range to each weapon and once your target is beyond that, the bullets spray more.

I have got to be honest and say that i have found that as well - i think you are right in what you say.

I cannot believe some people are already on lv20 etc. Im still on lv5 although only played it for a couple of hours.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I have got to be honest and say that i have found that as well - i think you are right in what you say.

I cannot believe some people are already on lv20 etc. Im still on lv5 although only played it for a couple of hours.

I got to about level 20 the first day :p

El Diablo

I got to 19 last night but trying to play the game on the PC at this point is just unbearable right now until they come out with a patch or something.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Think I got to lvl 4 in just one match alone (might've been two). It doesn't take too long to level up to 20

Robby

Los Doyers!
Spawns are kinda fucked, especially on Nuketown.
I swear it's not ACTUALLY possible to check your overall k/d? You can see it for the last 5 games and for all gamemodes, but not overall :S
Look at your combat record, it shows it.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

The only time I came across getting smoked right after spawning was when I spawned on some slow moving corner creeper.

I like that there seems to be a bit more recoil with the weapons, and the sub-machine guns can't shoot across the map accurately. It feels like they gave a range to each weapon and once your target is beyond that, the bullets spray more. (Although I haven't played Hardcore yet and uncovered the equivalent of the silenced UMP.). A friend said that the AK-74u was pretty beastly though, I haven't hit the level to unlock it yet.

Overall MP level design seems nice, each maps has a nice mix of close quarters and long line-of-sights. I like what I've seen so far, but haven't even touched anything but Ground War.
AK74u with a Grip is beast.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I got to 19 last night but trying to play the game on the PC at this point is just unbearable right now until they come out with a patch or something.

Was fine for me mostly until my computer died. xD

El Diablo

Lucky :(.

Dan

Contributor
Off to get this in an hour or so. Will be repping with #OIZO for PS3.

Edit: Sold out in ASDA and Currys. Gay.

PSN: DTM300 - we need more players :(

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Look at your combat record, it shows it.

I think that's k/d over the last 5 games, since above that it says kills and deaths right? But that's definitely not overall kills and deaths.

TeamOverload

I think that's k/d over the last 5 games, since above that it says kills and deaths right? But that's definitely not overall kills and deaths.

It's on the weapons tab I want to say, I know I've seen it somewhere, I can't recall where but somewhere in the combat record it does list your overall K/D ratio. Keep in mind, wager matches are excluded from this stat as well.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
It's on the weapons tab I want to say, I know I've seen it somewhere, I can't recall where but somewhere in the combat record it does list your overall K/D ratio. Keep in mind, wager matches are excluded from this stat as well.

Ah OK, I'll have a look when I go on later :)

Also, MP5k rapid fire FTW :D

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah it's on the Weapons tab.

Also, what is it with everyone laying on the floor in this game? Everytime I enter a building it seems like someone is laying down on the floor around a corner.

MP%k w/ rapid fire is becoming a "noob gun". That and AK74u with grip because it is so much rape.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah it's on the Weapons tab.

Also, what is it with everyone laying on the floor in this game? Everytime I enter a building it seems like someone is laying down on the floor around a corner.

MP%k w/ rapid fire is becoming a "noob gun". That and AK74u with grip because it is so much rape.

It's not that nooby, it's kills pretty quick at mid range but is still shite at long range, and sometimes I swear I get 4 hitmarkers on a guy at point blank range then get instaraped. Nothing compared to UMP in MW2.

And yeah, I've noticed people lying down a lot too :/ Probably because they're used to using the stupid OP guns in MW2 so don't know how to play Black Ops properly.

El Diablo

I've seen a lot of people running around with the mp5ks and ak74s with rapid fire in hard core a lot. They're so powerful in hardcore if you use steady aim or whatever with them.

Also wtf is with people just laying down everytime they shoot. I never played the other call of dutys that much, but in MW2 I would only see people do it a few times, now it seems like half the people have macros and anytime they pretty their trigger it also toggles going to prone >.>.