• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2 Update Released

Acerthief

psplogo4.jpg

It's fast, and it's here. 4.01M33-2, fresh from the oven. This update includes some minor bug fixes, and recovery menu setting updates. Here is the changelog:[blockquote2]- Nids resolver: Fixed scePowerGetCpuClockFrequency issue. This is the same bug that happened in 3.80 M33-1, it won't happen again

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
lol, I was about to PM one of the mods about this (since x3 is offline)
don't forget about the 1.50 kernel addon

PS: Say to Alek that the link to 1.50 kernel addon is incorrect, it's linking to the Time machine thread o.0

Jack

ch1 -> chinese simplified
not Support

Why?

AND ISO/CSO name is use the chinese simplified the game can not start!

J.dizzlle

Uhhh..?

I'm a little new to this. But I have CFW 3.90 M33-3. I've never ran an update like this so i'm not fully sure what i'm doing. When I download the update from send space it opens with winRAR. Then I see 3 folders and a readme. The folders I see are SDK translate UPDATE, then the read me. I plugged my psp in and enabled USB, then I dragged and dropped UPDATE to F:\PSP\GAME Then the instructions tell me to drag and drop 4.01 M33-2.PBP. I do not see this? Where is it and where do I drag and drop it to?

Thanks for any help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm a little new to this. But I have CFW 3.90 M33-3. I've never ran an update like this so i'm not fully sure what i'm doing. When I download the update from send space it opens with winRAR. Then I see 3 folders and a readme. The folders I see are SDK translate UPDATE, then the read me. I plugged my psp in and enabled USB, then I dragged and dropped UPDATE to F:\PSP\GAME Then the instructions tell me to drag and drop 4.01 M33-2.PBP. I do not see this? Where is it and where do I drag and drop it to?

Thanks for any help.

First of all this is nowhere to be found in the included instructions. You should download the update from the links here, not Sendspace.

Also... as stated in the post, 4.01 M33-2 is an update for 4.01 M33. You can't go directly from 3.90 M33-3 to 4.01 M33-2. You'll need to install 4.01 M33 first, then update to 4.01 M33-2. Hopefully that makes more sense.

I recommend checking out the 4.01 M33 installation guide here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7669

homn

<p>Is the official 1.50 firmware update have to be on the root of the memory stick, for the 1.5 Kernel Add-on, to install?</p>

homn

<p>Never mind, I found the link to the Installation instructions for the 1.5 Kernel Add-on.</p>

silver_surfer

Also... as stated in the post, 4.01 M33-2 is an update for 4.01 M33. You can't go directly from 3.90 M33-3 to 4.01 M33-2. You'll need to install 4.01 M33 first, then update to 4.01 M33-2.

sir with all due respect I was able to Update to CFW 4.01 m33-2 from CFW 3.90 m33-3

ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

UPDATE folder contains EBOOT.PBP from 4.01 m33-2

update and Sony's OFW renamed to 401.PBP.

SHOCK

<p>i've been waiting for this update for some time..
but verson 4.01 m33-2 does have some minor problems when i upgraded my psp slim.
there were freezing in the xmb, during navigating, and it would shut my psp down. for now i downgraded back to 3.90 m33-3 and wait for the next update.</p>

Acerthief

<p>i've been waiting for this update for some time..
but verson 4.01 m33-2 does have some minor problems when i upgraded my psp slim.
there were freezing in the xmb, during navigating, and it would shut my psp down. for now i downgraded back to 3.90 m33-3 and wait for the next update.</p>

I'm having no problem with 4.01M33-2.
Maybe it was a bad flash, or you've used a faulty memory stick.

Richlando

<p>No probs here, popsloader 380v2 works now? Ok, cool.Tested it last night,it worked for every game I have.Is a newer prx coming out though that supports 380,395.etc.?</p>

web872

help

if i install this update of 4.01m33 will i lose all my data on my memory stick like all my backups and apps ?

do i have to backup my files?

American-Seller

Not detecting 8GB

Hello everybody!
I've just finished installing the new firmware 4.01 M33 with the update 2 and Kernel for 4.01 and everything whent just perfectly. But when i formated my 8GB Memory Stick through the PSP i started to detect only 4GB instead of 8GB. Did this happen to anybody else? The Card is original Sony and it was working fine with the 3.90 firmware with latest update. This just happend with this firmware. Please help me. Thank you!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello everybody!
I've just finished installing the new firmware 4.01 M33 with the update 2 and Kernel for 4.01 and everything whent just perfectly. But when i formated my 8GB Memory Stick through the PSP i started to detect only 4GB instead of 8GB. Did this happen to anybody else? The Card is original Sony and it was working fine with the 3.90 firmware with latest update. This just happend with this firmware. Please help me. Thank you!

Are you sure it is not a fake memory stick? This usually happens on fake sticks...

Were you able to use the entire 8GB space before upgrading to 4.01 M33?

Ledski

Hey I think I found a problem. when im playing the PSX version of FFVII it seems to be going a lot slower since i upgraded from 3.90, and im using posloader so maybe theres a problem with that.

Anyone else had this problem?

solarnoise

I had the memory stick mod to fix the lag issues, just upgraded to 4.01m33-2
Do I need to do the mod again or is it still there?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I had the memory stick mod to fix the lag issues, just upgraded to 4.01m33-2
Do I need to do the mod again or is it still there?

The fatmsmod patch will not work on 4.01 M33, but it seems like Sony has fixed the lag issues in this firmware.