• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Only a few days after the big 3.30 OE-A release and PSP developer Dark_AleX is back with two more releases! First up is 3.40 OE-A which features increased popstation compatibility, integration with the new PS3 Firmware 1.7, and improvements in the core OE flasher to prevent accidental bricks.

Next up we have a small 3.30 OE-A2 update for those who don't feel the need to upgrade to 3.40 yet. The package includes a small security patch and the reimplementation of the autoboot feature. For those wondering, this patch and the autoboot feature are already integrated into 3.40 OE-A.

psp34.jpg

Alex is also warning all users to backup their existing PSone game saves before running the 3.40 pops, as the firmware will force you to convert all your saves into the new format, thereby rendering them incompatible with past firmware releases.

Download 3.40 OE-A / Download 3.30 OE-A2 / Install Guide

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
Wow he has 3.40 OE already done in less then a week after reliese. Good Job DA

Tenshigami

Alex is also warning all users to backup your current PSone game saves before running the 3.40 pops, as the firmware will force you to convert all your saves into the new format, thereby rendering them incompatible with past firmware releases.
[/B][/URL]

Damn Sony for messing with the save format. That makes Popsloader not as useful...

dante

Hi,

DA , can you put the L/R function to video player like mp3 player on Custom Firmwares!!

than i can play the music video one by one and NEXT!

thank you !!!

Tenshigami

Hi,

DA , can you put the L/R function to video player like mp3 player on Custom Firmwares!!

than i can play the music video one by one and NEXT!

thank you !!!

I don't even think Dark_AleX reads this forum. I don't even think he's POSTED on this forum.

And I'm pretty sure that, while he probably COULD do that, he wouldn't bother to make a modification so trivial. The purpose of the OE firmwares is to enable homebrew while having the same functionality as a later firmware. Any features beyond that are entirely optional.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't even think Dark_AleX reads this forum. I don't even think he's POSTED on this forum.

And I'm pretty sure that, while he probably COULD do that, he wouldn't bother to make a modification so trivial. The purpose of the OE firmwares is to enable homebrew while having the same functionality as a later firmware. Any features beyond that are entirely optional.

he does :) but never has posted.. too busy hehe

chrix

I have the infamous TA-082 mobo, and I managed to downgrade and then upgrade to version 3.03OE-B. Could I upgrade to this version without problems or will it brick my beauty? Right now I can run homebrews, but I'm having trobule with a couple of backups I want to load from the memorystick, could these issues be solved applying this upgrade? and again, with my mobo...am I able to apply it?

Thanks in advancefor your valuable help.

Chris

Tenshigami

FYI, 3.30 custom topmenus will work in 3.40. Just use a homebrew app to flash it. For some reason when I mounted flash0:/ to USB and flashed the file myself, it did the ol' temp-brick. Both times. Then when someone suggested I use a homebrew to flash it, it worked immediately.

yanger

Kinda new to DAX's releases... if i upgrade to 3.40 OE, can i downgrade to 1.5 again someday? [or is it an emulation?]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
does 3.40 oe have the t-mobile hotspot access?

yes

Kinda new to DAX's releases... if i upgrade to 3.40 OE, can i downgrade to 1.5 again someday? [or is it an emulation?]

you can always downgrade back to 1.5 (there is no reason to though, 3.40 OE is not missing any feature 1.5 has)

yanger

you can always downgrade back to 1.5 (there is no reason to though, 3.40 OE is not missing any feature 1.5 has)

Is there any detailed information on what DAX's OEs do? I've been using DevHook for sometime now, and switching over feels like swtiching from windows to linux :| hehe

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is there any detailed information on what DAX's OEs do? I've been using DevHook for sometime now, and switching over feels like swtiching from windows to linux :| hehe

probably the most appealing feature is the PS1 emulator, and all your backups / UMDs can be ran straight from the opening screen instead of having to load up a external program like DevHook.

then there is other improvements like faster boot time and hiding corrupt icons.

yanger

Just upgraded!

MM.. wow! Looks so different to DevHook - really like the displaying of the games and homebrews right inline instead of a text display.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
MM.. wow! Looks so different to DevHook - really like the displaying of the games and homebrews right inline instead of a text display.

glad you like it! :biggrin:

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
dark_ alx why why arent you making a 3.11 downgrader why:crying:

GIVE IT TIME!! Downgraders are alot harder to make then OE firmware.

ada_gool

hi im on the 3.40 OE-A and i keep getting the followng error message when trying to play umd's

the game could not be started 80020148

Any 1 know what to do ?