• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:mad1: no fair still didnt work

any advice ppl would b appreciated

need more info. any error? what happened exactly when you tried to run it

akulmie

Hi m kinda new to this and my current psp firmware is 3.4 SE
I know i kinda fucked up but i learned about these OE and i cant seem to figure out how to retreive the DATA.DXAR for the installation, what program do i execute? and how do i retrieve it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi m kinda new to this and my current psp firmware is 3.4 SE
I know i kinda fucked up but i learned about these OE and i cant seem to figure out how to retreive the DATA.DXAR for the installation, what program do i execute? and how do i retrieve it?

the guide here explains everything

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=383

but 3.4 SE? No such firmware exists.. do you mean 2.71 SE?

akulmie

No, isnt the latest System Software 3.40? Im not exactly sure but i think i might have the abreveations wrong. SE stands for Sony edition im assuming and OE stands for Open edition. if thats the case then i now have 3.40 SE

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
No, isnt the latest System Software 3.40? Im not exactly sure but i think i might have the abreveations wrong. SE stands for Sony edition im assuming and OE stands for Open edition. if thats the case then i now have 3.40 SE

oh ok. well sorry to say but you are out of luck for now. 3.4 cannot run any homebrew, so that means no downgrading. OE can only be installed from 1.5 or any previous custom firmware editions.

lalomorales

popstation on oe 3.40 oe?

what does increased popstation compatibility mean? If i got a few playstation games that I put into iso format, can i just drag the file straight onto the memory stick? what folder?

also... im trying to load grand theft auto vice city stories cso and it loads up for about a minute.. then says error reading the grand theft auto vice city stories umd . . . . i tried changing the recovery to use no umd, then it didnt load at all.. i tried loading it with a umd in the drive and it loads up and gives me the error.

any advice??

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
what does increased popstation compatibility mean? If i got a few playstation games that I put into iso format, can i just drag the file straight onto the memory stick? what folder?

also... im trying to load grand theft auto vice city stories cso and it loads up for about a minute.. then says error reading the grand theft auto vice city stories umd . . . . i tried changing the recovery to use no umd, then it didnt load at all.. i tried loading it with a umd in the drive and it loads up and gives me the error.

any advice??

corrupt iso probably. Increased popstation compatibility means it has support for more PSone games.

iso is correct format for PSone games but you need to convert them to a PSP specific format. Here is a guide for doing so:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=987

scaveman

Hi i just upgraded my psp to 3.40 OE-A

All is working fine
i reformated my memory card after upgrade but a cant see a recovery folder
when i press R on start up nothing happens psp starts normal
Can anyone tell me how RECOVERY works Please???

Jaynb

Hi i just upgraded my psp to 3.40 OE-A

All is working fine
i reformated my memory card after upgrade but a cant see a recovery folder
when i press R on start up nothing happens psp starts normal
Can anyone tell me how RECOVERY works Please???

You need to switch off your PSP, then when you switch it on, keep the 'R' button HELD down until the recovery menu starts.

scaveman

Thanks for that got it working

So if say i wanted to return back to sonys 1.5 firmware for some unknown reason
do i just put the official eboot in the psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp ???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Jaynb

Thanks for that got it working

So if say i wanted to return back to sonys 1.5 firmware for some unknown reason
do i just put the official eboot in the psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp ???

Almost.
You need to use the recovery folder from this link and place it into GAME, then rename the 1.5 file to "UPDATE.PBP" and place this into the recovery folder.

Once all that is done start up recovery mode and choose the option that says "Run program at.."

Recovery Folder

scaveman

Ta-082

Hi
Can someone please tell me if its safe to upgrade to 3.40 oe-a
with a Ta-082 motherboard

it has already been downgraded to 1.5 ?????

themlody

3.40 oe in this short period of time, but i still can't use non of them;( i have normal 3.30 and i think there is no hope for me to change to any OE:(:(:( if someone can help me, please contact me....

nyatch

although I dun know anything how dark alex crack sony official firmware, but I really appreciate wat he has done to us, enable HOMEBREW.....hope in the future can learn much from there oso.....

younger107

:mad1: no fair still didnt work

any advice ppl would b appreciated

you have to format your psp's f1 folder.
There is probability about something wrong with 3.40OEA when you upgrade you system.
The problem of f1 will directly affect the function of RECOVERY MODE.
Several people have reported that when they finish the upgrading, they can not entry RECOVERY MODE due to some unreasonable phenomenon.