• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Do you want to see the PS3 HACKED?

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
You say you are a student with little money, but burning games for ps3 would require a blue ray burner and disks.

I would like to see it hacked. Wasn't Freeplay doing something with it? I remember he made a post on QJ about how he went out and bought a blue ray burner and another hdd for his ps3.

buying blu ray disks is cheaper than buying games. and my mum pays for disks lol.

Slasher

Suck It
And as long as the PSN wasn't put into any sort of jeopardy. I wouldn't want hackers to start popping up in online games...

If it was homebrew strictly (+emulators), I'm all for it

mohaas05

No.

I know ppl say they only want homebrew, etc. but any sort of hack will eventually result in cheating devices, piracy, etc. which will destroy what is a high quality system.

If you want homebrew, use linux.

twelve

I'm not dead
No.

I know ppl say they only want homebrew, etc. but any sort of hack will eventually result in cheating devices, piracy, etc. which will destroy what is a high quality system.

If you want homebrew, use linux.
Linux is crap on PS3. It requires sacrificing 10GB of hard drive space that is high in demand for game installs, requires PPC versions of programs and is severely crippled by the hypervisor.

Vee

I would love to see it hacked.

Thats if they find an appropriate method of compression for the ISOS, like DAX or CSO.

Sullivan

I want to see it hacked, but only in one way of piracy, so I can back up my own games and play them, only mine.

Adiuvo

I'm split. One on hand I want the system hacked so I can use emulators on the big screen without hooking up my PC, but I don't want any form of online cheating. Socom on the PSP was one of my favorite games, but after the cheaters came in it was boring. Given that PSN is used for all the games, if an exploit can be found on that it potentially could go to the other games.

ilyace

I honestly don't care, not for homebrew or pirated games. Even if I could download PS3 games, I would still buy them.

twelve

I'm not dead
I'm split. One on hand I want the system hacked so I can use emulators on the big screen without hooking up my PC, but I don't want any form of online cheating. Socom on the PSP was one of my favorite games, but after the cheaters came in it was boring. Given that PSN is used for all the games, if an exploit can be found on that it potentially could go to the other games.
I don't see cheating being a problem. PSN accounts can be banned, if you've got a large list of friends and a large trophy collection you stand to lose a lot if you get banned. Not to mention anything from the store wont be recoverable if you have to replace your PS3.

Seth

MD Party Room
I'm split. One on hand I want the system hacked so I can use emulators on the big screen without hooking up my PC, but I don't want any form of online cheating. Socom on the PSP was one of my favorite games, but after the cheaters came in it was boring. Given that PSN is used for all the games, if an exploit can be found on that it potentially could go to the other games

Dont you have a wii?

I think you will get auto banned if you have it hacked...Since one day later there will be a patch....And you cant login into psn unless you update....

However If I can have the hack installed on one HDD and play non mutiplayer games like fallout,Bioshock,dead space and such....And get another HDD for COD,R2,LBP I can see that working out just fine for me..

That and I wanna see a ps2 emu for us people who got the newer ps3...

Adiuvo

Nope. I haven't really wanted one.

They could ban you, but that doesn't stop people from making separate accounts or spoofing the IP address of the console if that ever is possible. A lot of things that people didn't think could happen with Socom did happen, like banned accounts being able to still be used.

About the PS2 emu: Check this out.