• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Do you want to see the PS3 HACKED?

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
i will burn like mad lol. im not saying it will not cost asy thing theres like set-up fees lol. But it will save money.

And i was looking at the polls. if there where to be a iso loader released would you use it. this is directed to the people who votes not for piracy.

twelve

I'm not dead
You won't be losing money if you burn a lot of games. Eventually it'll pay for itself unless you're an idiot and buy all that shit only to burn a game or two.
Most games this generation are multi-platform, DVDs are much much much cheaper than blurays so if you're a tight ass that can't afford to pay for their hobby then the 360 is the console to get. The few exclusives on PS3 that are worth getting deserve to be bought.

@MiKeY: No I will not use it. I haven't pirated a game for over a year (except on the wii) and I've had my best year of gaming ever. Once games don't cost you anything you lose appreciation for them (which is why I pirate wii games because I'd already lost appreciation for the console).

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Not really.

I wouldn't mind the free games. But PS3's aren't dirt cheap like xbox360's are. So being banned isn't as meaningless as it is on the 360.

Also exclusive ps3 games that interest me are so few and far between, that from my standpoint it wouldn't even be the effort it would take to mod one.

Piracy aside, emulators were only amusing to me on the PSP cause it was portable and I could take my beloved Donkey Kong country series wherever i go. it's not half as amazing on an 11 pound plastic box. and as for homebrew apps....well, they never did hold my attention.

So basically do I WANT to see the PS3 hacked? no. Not because I'm some upstanding citizen, but because I wouldn't benefit from it.

_Syn

i will burn like mad lol. im not saying it will not cost asy thing theres like set-up fees lol. But it will save money.

And i was looking at the polls. if there where to be a iso loader released would you use it. this is directed to the people who votes not for piracy.

No, I wouldn't. There's only one reason for it. I'm impatient. :tup: I can't wait for a 10GB game to download, then wait for it to burn. I just can't do that. I don't have the right funcionalities to withstand hours of waiting for 1 game. I mean it will save you money, but it will waste your time. Time = Money :cool:

Personally, I believe homebrew would be difficult on the PS3, I don't think programming for the CELL is an easy platform to code for. I don't have any experience in this so correct me if I am wrong.

As for what twelve mentioned, I find games that I own more enjoyable. Because I have invested in them, it compels me to enjoy them to the fullest capacity.

Adiuvo

I like having the box in my hand, with a manual. It would be nice to use if I break a game, but besides that I wouldn't use it.

mohaas05

When you pirate a game, you don't feel excited about playing it anymore. It pretty much loses all value to you.

RoBz

sucker
I do want it to be hacked, and I voted for piracy, but mostly I would like to see little hand apps on the XMB to be honest, not so much emulators and such, but stuff like IRC clients, SSH clients and a VNC viewer. And everynow and them I might download a game or two.
>.>

eldiablov

Contributor
I want homebrew. I dont think its worth the time to buy a bluray burner and discs when sony have such little exclusivity in their platform at this time.

twelve

I'm not dead
When you pirate a game, you don't feel excited about playing it anymore. It pretty much loses all value to you.
Exactly what I was getting at in my earlier post.

Lots of people say how they never play their PSP any more but they never think that maybe if they bought games for it they'd enjoy them and appreciate them more. I know I do. I've been buying PS1 games from the PS3 store and putting them on there and even buying the odd UMD game and I've never enjoyed my PSP more.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();

So true. I play the games I actually bought A LOT more then pirated ones. I have atleast 8 wii games that I burned that I have yet to try and maybe another 5 that I picked up once. Keeping in mind that they ARE wii games :p, but you catch my drift.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

I have to disagree.
I pretty much only play games on Wii and PSP I have pirated, whilst on my 360 I play ones I have bought and ones I have pirated the same amount.

Hellcat

Contributor
Can't say that for me....

Games I d/l'ed off the net, usually last a week on my PSP before I never touch them again, games like the two Wipeouts, that I bought day 1 when they came out, are STILL a regular guest on my PSP.
Some would go for PS3 games, I think....

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
So true. I play the games I actually bought A LOT more then pirated ones. I have atleast 8 wii games that I burned that I have yet to try and maybe another 5 that I picked up once. Keeping in mind that they ARE wii games :p, but you catch my drift.

how i felt when i went on pb and downloaded sims2.

I think its getting it free in general though. when i firdt got daxter(wich came with the slim i have) i was saying wow this game is the shit. After that just take of the "THE" in the last sentancr and thats how i describe it now.

Sullivan

there were a few psp games that I downloaded that i kept for a long time!

Like WipeOut, N+ those were some good ones.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I have no less joy from playing a pirated game or one I bought. They are all the same. Pirating doesn't make me devalue anything versus purchasing it.

Call me crazy.

ilyace

I have no less joy from playing a pirated game or one I bought. They are all the same. Pirating doesn't make me devalue anything versus purchasing it.

Call me crazy.

Same here. I don't see the point in buying a single player game that won't last me very long. Other online games like COD, CS:S, and TF2 are worth buying.

twelve

I'm not dead

Call me crazy.
Negative points for repetition but...
[yt]SfZR_1vqEa0[/yt]

I've been renting games from lovefilm.com that I don't think are worth buying, I guess this is a big factor in why I hardly pirate anything anymore.