• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Does anyone else hate iTunes?

eh if you think itunes is bad. try playing with Windows Media Player on Windows 7.

Joey

I must be the only person on earth who is totally satisfied with iTunes. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't get my keyboard's media keys to work with it.

RoBz

sucker
i'm quite satisfied with iTunes on OS X, but yeah i wasn't too mad on it on Windows, was very slow etc.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I must be the only person on earth who is totally satisfied with iTunes. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't get my keyboard's media keys to work with it.

iTunes hotkeys bro.

I really should get around to writing up an article on that...it's been like 8 months now :\

EDIT: After searching for the original website, it appears to be down D:

http://filevo.com/zu1455j1wvby.html
there's a copy of the installer I have. It uses a XML-like scripting. It needs to be set as the visualizer then you hit Ctrl+Shift+P I think....

Joey

iTunes hotkeys bro.

I really should get around to writing up an article on that...it's been like 8 months now :\

EDIT: After searching for the original website, it appears to be down D:

http://filevo.com/zu1455j1wvby.html
there's a copy of the installer I have. It uses a XML-like scripting. It needs to be set as the visualizer then you hit Ctrl+Shift+P I think....

That's all great, but I don't know how to identify my media keys in an XML file.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
That's all great, but I don't know how to identify my media keys in an XML file.

Oops, sorry.
Just double checked the settings and the only keys that can be set are a-z, A-Z, 0-9, F1-F24, Spacebar, Backspace, Tab, Escape, PageUp, PageDown, End, Home, Left, Up, Right, Down, Insert, Delete, PrintScreen, Pause, NumLock, -, =, /, . and ,

I always set Play/Pause to Home, Previous Track to PageUp, Next Track to PageDown and Toggle Random to End. That's always how I've set my global hotkeys since Winamp 5. Maybe the media keys are actually function keys but are above F12...don't know :S

MenaceInc

Staff Member
If foobar2000 supported syncing of contacts, pictures, music, transfer of purchased apps, downloading updates for iOS and apps as well as on-the-fly reencoding to 128kbs AAC from 320kbs mp3 when syncing then I'd be all over it. Pity though.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I don't have any issues with iTunes on windows.

I use it everyday, sync atleast once a day, and use it to listen to music while browsing the internet. No complaints from me, does everything I need it to do.

dennis96411

Have you tried SharePod? I had the same problem when I tried syncing music, but it says it wasn't bought on this laptop, so I used SharePod and bam! I got it all back!

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Darkchild

The Doctor
I too hate itunes, that's why, everytime my parents ask me if I want an iPod/iPhone, I tell them NO

...I want android :3

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I too hate itunes, that's why, everytime my parents ask me if I want an iPod/iPhone, I tell them NO

...I want android :3

Shame, you're missing out on a lot of exclusive iOS games. Obviously though games should NOT be the only reason to get an iPod or an iPad but I've been buying games from the app store since it launched back in 2008 and there have been some real gems that I loved

galaxyswan

I dont like they play another format, that isnt mp3.