• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi E3 2010 - Your Expectations and Predictions?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What's everyone's expectations for this year's E3? I'm not expecting a lot of new and exciting announcements but I've got a few things I'm interested in.

First off, I'm interested in seeing what the Nintendo 3DS will be like and when it will come to market (doubt we'll get that much at the show). Since Nintendo announced the 3DS a few months back, did it change any plans Sony has had with their PSP2 development and whether or not they'll announce it? I'm leaning more towards a TGS announcement on their end.

If they were to unveil a PSP2 though I'd expect the following things to be in it (provided these details about a year or so back): Camera, Touchscreen, Dual Analog Sticks (not certain, but looks like there would be room) and possibly even PS2 emulation. I'll be waiting for that day...sounds like a true gaming handheld.

Natal will finally get it's name and hopefully a price. I'm expecting it to be the center of attention for their conference. Maybe we'll see a glimpse of the Xbox 360 Slim? With Sony, they'll be showing off the Move some more but aside from that I'm clueless.

I'm sure we'll see some game announcements and possibly even some series reboots (a lot of games have gone through some reboots recently).

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Microsoft announce Xbox 360 slim and give a Fall/Holiday season release date.

Nintendo unveils the new 3DS handheld and the new name for it as well as a 2011 release date. Also gives details of next console Zelda game.

Sony faffs about with Move and announces sweet F- all.

Serideth

Can't believe it's coming up to E3 AGAIN, time flys.

I'm hoping to see more FF14 stuff as well as the new Pokemon games (I hope).

Adiuvo

FF14 is all I'm really interested about. The leaks don't really show much of the gameplay besides for the Archer, and it's the Thaumaturge I plan on playing as.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Alright well if there is anything you guys would specifically like to see or for us (x3sphere and myself are going to E3) then I know we'll try to accommodate you. Since this is my first year going I'm just going to try to get a feel for the whole place and not really go in with a plan besides: check out as many booths as possible.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I want to hear Demon's Souls 2 is in development and see some Gears 3 gameplay footage.

I'll give a proper prediction when I get off my phone and get home.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I pray psp2 happens this holiday!(or summer)
Or a new Nintendo ds2(?)

I held off the metal gear limited edition bundle at gamestop to buy some of these things.
Including FF14

I also hope MS dose a handheld this E3(I can hope:love:)

I'm expecting Sony and Nintendo to be major headliners this E3.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Microsoft announce Xbox 360 slim and give a Fall/Holiday season release date.

Nintendo unveils the new 3DS handheld and the new name for it as well as a 2011 release date. Also gives details of next console Zelda game.

Sony faffs about with Move and announces sweet F- all.

I agree with everything you said, except the Sony stuff. Of course all their stuff will get leaked right before E3 so it'll seem like F- all, but they will reveal the PSP2 and hopefully voice chat in a new firmware upgrade along with the Move stuff.

x3sphere and myself are going to E3
I know x3sphere has gone before, but is this your first time?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I agree with everything you said, except the Sony stuff. Of course all their stuff will get leaked right before E3 so it'll seem like F- all, but they will reveal the PSP2 and hopefully voice chat in a new firmware upgrade along with the Move stuff.

I know x3sphere has gone before, but is this your first time?

Read on, I said it would be my first year.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

explosions

Is E3 open to the public?
How would I go by buying tickets for this E3?

Registration FAQ
Is E3 Expo 2010 open to the general public?

E3 Expo is a professional trade event and is not open to the general public. Individuals who are not able to document their direct and current professional affiliation to the interactive entertainment industry are not qualified to attend.

word

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nintendo's conference is two hours this year so chances are a large portion of it will focus on the 3DS and Zelda. Should be epic.

I doubt we'll see a PSP2 at E3. Possibly at Gamescom. Or Sony may opt for a surprise announcement not tied to any event. Anyway, at E3, I expect Sony to focus heavily on the PSP's software catalog.

A slimmed down Xbox 360 hardware configuration as Menace pointed out seems likely. I forsee a hardware + Natal bundle too. That's the best way of getting the tech out in the hands of prospective 360 owners.

More Final Fantasy XIV info is a given. I think Capcom may have something Mega Man related up its sleeve too, as evidenced by recent trademarks.

Riorio99

Ninty - Metroid Other M, Zelda Wii, 3DS.
Surprises: 3DS Mario, possibly Virtual Con sole Portable, complete with GB, GBC and GBA games.

Sony - Move and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.
Surprises: Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Infamous 2 and the PSP2.

M$ - Natal + name. Gears Of War 3, Metal Gear Solid Rising.
Surprises: 360 Slim + Natal bundle and maybe some serious Zune Games.