• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi E3 2010 - Your Expectations and Predictions?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
whats gonna be so great about a smaller 360 with no memory card support?

Generally a smaller design means less heat which in turn means I can have a 360 that doesn't sound like a jet engine and has a significantly less chance of RROD since it's caused mostly by a build-up of heat. If there was such a 360 announced, I'd consider getting one again if the price was right.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo

PR0fessor Burnt

Nintendo: I expect some 3DS details as well as new zelda and another shitty add on for the wii.

Sony: Move, Killzone 3 or Resistance 3, possibly a PSP2 but probably a PSP-4000.

Micro$oft: Natal,360 slim, Gears 2,maybe showing off halo reach some more

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I also predict Final Fantasy Versus XIII being ported to the X360 announcement, which kills all hope of having finally a decent Final Fantasy game this gen.

explosions

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
How does it kill all hopes?

We all know how matter SE denies it, they dumbed down FFXIII so it could fit on the 360 IN FOUR F* DISCS (and it wasn't even 720p, just imagine if it was O_O). Some SE devs admitted some content HAD TO BE CUT because of the dvd limitations.

Now picture this: Versus XIII has been in development for 2 years now. They decide to port it this late in the development stage to the 360, only one of two things can happen:

1) 360 port will suck ass and SE will have to deal humongous media backlash.
or
2) cut content again and make the necessary adjustments so it can work nicely on the 360.

and without saying goes the fact that porting it at this stage will mean it's going to be delayed even more.

By the time it comes out, the new xbox will be out ffs.

Again, let me reiterate I'm all for the end of third-party exclusivity, but when it comes to lazy-ass devs like SE, I know they can do a better job when it's single platform.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I also predict Final Fantasy Versus XIII being ported to the X360 announcement, which kills all hope of having finally a decent Final Fantasy game this gen.

You do know FF13 was going be a ps2 game?
Thus it was never going to be good game since they already work on 30% of the game.

Half the game is media.
Nothing of value was lost.
FF13 was doom to suck.

FF11(?)wasn't that great either.
I'm not expecting FF14 to be any better from the gameplay videos so far.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You do know FF13 was going be a ps2 game?
Thus it was never going to be good game since they already work on 30% of the game.

Yes I did.

I never did have hopes for XIII. I did have for Versus XIII despite its emo-looking characters.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
umm, but it's Square....nearly all their new-era characters are emo-looking. :\

True xD

But the vibe about Versus XIII is also emo-feeling, more than any FF yet.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Generally a smaller design means less heat which in turn means I can have a 360 that doesn't sound like a jet engine and has a significantly less chance of RROD since it's caused mostly by a build-up of heat. If there was such a 360 announced, I'd consider getting one again if the price was right.
They already have xbox's that have those qualities. Just get a new console with a Jasper board.
I got a MW2 console and it is quiet all the time, can't tell if its on or not and hasn't gotten a Red Ring yet.

Sinfulfate

We all know how matter SE denies it, they dumbed down FFXIII so it could fit on the 360 IN FOUR F* DISCS (and it wasn't even 720p, just imagine if it was O_O). Some SE devs admitted some content HAD TO BE CUT because of the dvd limitations.
FF XIII was only 3 disc's on the 360 not four. And it was the FMV's and audio that took up most of the space which is what they needed to compress for the 360 version. Im pretty sure the actual game content of FF XIII is very small since there really isn't much content there so I highly doubt the port to 360 fundamentally changed the overall game. Games like GTA IV, Fallout 3, or Red Dead Redemption have far more content than FF XIII yet don't need multi disc's.

Anyway all I want to see at E3 is a new slim 360, a release date for Puzzle Quest 2, and Epic to confirm the rumors that they will be using dedicated servers for Gears 3.