• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi E3 Discussion

BlackSheep

Two things Nintendo needs to get core gamers on board with the Wii U
1- Don't let developers release downgraded ports of multiplatform games. The system is apparently more powerful then the PS3 and 360 so we should start seeing improved versions of games if not equal. From the presentation, the Wii U trailers don't look nearly as good as the current gen counter parts. Hopefully that's only because the tech is still brand new and they'll have the games looking better in 2012. They need to get rid of the Wiis stigma as the weakest console.

2- An actual useful online experience. Live and PSN define their systems and is what makes their consoles relevant 6 years after launch. The Wii has bits and pieces right, but they need copy the online structure from the others. If they still use Friend Codes on the Wii U, no one will take their online seriously.

If these two things are done right then I can see myself thinking about grabbing a Wii U. I will definitely get a Wii U if those two things are done right AND the homebrew hacks from the Wii are made for Wii U. I can't wait to see what will be possible with that controller and homebrew.
A lot of the trailers were ps3/360 trailers

TeamOverload

A lot of the trailers were ps3/360 trailers

Haha yeah, so many people shot themselves in the foot, talking about how their graphics junkies and how "Crappy" the multi-plat games looked on this compared to the PS3/360 versions. They were THE same trailers used for other systems people. Anyways, it's still over a year out, and based on the rumored specs, I'd say we should at least be able to get that amount of power out of the system if not more, so that prospect excites me a bit. All in all, not sure how I feel about it, need to see a lot more actual gameplay and uses. Hate the name for this too. What is with these crap names our systems are getting these days? I'm still referring to this as Cafe and Vita as the NGP.

Deathrow

Paper Mario 3D, Super Mario 3D, Star Fox 3D, MGS Snake Eater 3D, *announced* Super Smash Bros 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2.....Looks like I'm destined to get a 3DS as well lol

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Snake Eater did nothing to impress me. 3D effect was iffy at best and controls are similar to PSP shooters (analog to move, face buttons (abxy) to move the camera and aim the gun). Not as good as I was hoping it would be

TeamOverload

Snake Eater did nothing to impress me. 3D effect was iffy at best and controls are similar to PSP shooters (analog to move, face buttons (abxy) to move the camera and aim the gun). Not as good as I was hoping it would be

Call me crazy, but I've never been a huge MGS fan to begin with, so I wasn't that hyped for this game to begin with. No luck getting your hands on Kid Icarus Uprising?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Call me crazy, but I've never been a huge MGS fan to begin with, so I wasn't that hyped for this game to begin with. No luck getting your hands on Kid Icarus Uprising?

They did have it but I didn't bother playing it. I'll see if I can get my hands on it either tomorrow or Thursday

Dan

Contributor
Also Kid Icarus is making a return to the scene

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOnq-zXXBw[/yt]

it was relevant, ok?

Riorio99

I played Kid Icarus at one of the 3DS events. Once you get to grips with it, it plays absolutely brilliantly.

PR0fessor Burnt

Some of the stuff that OnLive is releasing in the future is pretty sweet.
[video=facebook;10150273548662238]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150273548662238&oid=74435370090&comments[/video]

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
We've known about it for a while though, although it's pretty impressive stuff.

One of the biggest surprises of the show so far for us was Blacklight (a free-to-play FPS game by Zombie Studios and Project World). It's a nice take on a futuristic shooter and for being so early on in development, it played really good. Hit detection was excellent and best of all, it'll be a UE3 DX11 title

PR0fessor Burnt

We've known about it for a while though, although it's pretty impressive stuff.

One of the biggest surprises of the show so far for us was Blacklight (a free-to-play FPS game by Zombie Studios and Project World). It's a nice take on a futuristic shooter and for being so early on in development, it played really good. Hit detection was excellent and best of all, it'll be a UE3 DX11 title

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacklight:_Tango_Down?

Spiros

Maiki
So PSV is getting a worldwide release before 2012, but I just saw that on BestBuy's website they have it listed as arriving in their warehouses on 02/29/2012, which is right around when most people assumed it would launch outside of Japan.

What do you guys think, mistake?

PR0fessor Burnt

In an interview with GT.TV one of the guys at Sony said it would be available in all regions at the end of this fiscal year, and went on to say that some places might get in March or Feb.

Spiros

Maiki
Those videos look pretty interesting, they're the first I've seen of the Wii U in action, actually a little intrigued. Just wondering, can some games be played on the controller as a standalone device (without the Wii U console), because I remember awhile ago hearing rumors that the controller could be used as a portable gaming device.

In an interview with GT.TV one of the guys at Sony said it would be available in all regions at the end of this fiscal year, and went on to say that some places might get in March or Feb.

Well that's disappointing, got my hopes up when I read EVERYWHERE that it would launch worldwide before 2012. Either way, it'll be worth the wait!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Nice videos guys :) Look like fun little mini-games.

Still mini-games won't sell a system (I think?). Nintendo is taking a big risk to lose all it's "hardcore" fanbase with another home console gimmick.