• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

error (DADADADA)

Sage Owl

So if I accidentially "drop" my PSP for instance (the store where I bought it said they'd replace it even if I dropped it or something) and got a replacement.....what would the odds be that I would be getting one with the updated firmware? or firm ware that has no downgrader to it? and thus still being screwed?

And could there be any possible way to reformatt the actual firmware back to the original or would that also be impossible?.....you know like restoring the factory defaults kinda thing?

Roe

So if I accidentially "drop" my PSP for instance (the store where I bought it said they'd replace it even if I dropped it or something) and got a replacement.....what would the odds be that I would be getting one with the updated firmware? or firm ware that has no downgrader to it? and thus still being screwed?

And could there be any possible way to reformatt the actual firmware back to the original or would that also be impossible?.....you know like restoring the factory defaults kinda thing?
Its worth a try I bricked my psp brought it back and am now running 3.40oe-a. It is impossible to restore back to 1.50 on sony fws 3.10 and above. If it was we wouldn't have the problem of needing a downgrader. I f you get a firmware that hasn't got a downgrader just update to the firmware that can be and downgrade from there

FatherVic

So if I accidentally "drop" my PSP for instance (the store where I bought it said they'd replace it even if I dropped it or something) and got a replacement.....what would the odds be that I would be getting one with the updated firmware? or firm ware that has no downgrader to it? and thus still being screwed?

And could there be any possible way to reformat the actual firmware back to the original or would that also be impossible?.....you know like restoring the factory defaults kinda thing?

Go to the store first and check the box codes.
http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-gener...e-using-box-codes-september-7-2006-28718.html

You want to make sure that they at least have a downgradable version
I stuck with box code 'K' because it is 2.71. That was really easy to downgrade right out of the box. I am still a n00b, but I sent my PSP back to the online retailer I bought it from and went to Wal-Mart and got a 'K'. Downgrading couldn't have been easier.

ImNotOkay

I Though Of Something!

well i know people have probably thought of this maybe,
and its probably not tht good of an idea but oh well.
i thought that for a downgrader we could decrypt 3.30 and mod it so it hasnt got any security crap on it and then make a downgrader for the 3.30 tht has no security patches.
update to it and downgrade!!!!
im not sure if thats possible but that just popped into my head so yer..
im still stuck on 3.11 and unfortunately the shop i bought it from is ages away so i cant return it :( plz help Dark_AleX!!!!

Tenshigami

well i know people have probably thought of this maybe,
and its probably not tht good of an idea but oh well.
i thought that for a downgrader we could decrypt 3.30 and mod it so it hasnt got any security crap on it and then make a downgrader for the 3.30 tht has no security patches.
update to it and downgrade!!!!
im not sure if thats possible but that just popped into my head so yer..
im still stuck on 3.11 and unfortunately the shop i bought it from is ages away so i cant return it :( plz help Dark_AleX!!!!

What the hell have you been smoking?

There'd be no way to install the modded firmware (Read: CUSTOM FIRMWARE, which does exist) onto a non-downgraded PSP in the first place, as any known holes have been patched. Why the hell else would it be impossible to upgrade to custom firmware without downgrading? =P

ImNotOkay

What the hell have you been smoking?

There'd be no way to install the modded firmware (Read: CUSTOM FIRMWARE, which does exist) onto a non-downgraded PSP in the first place, as any known holes have been patched. Why the hell else would it be impossible to upgrade to custom firmware without downgrading? =P

oops lol my bad i didnt really think of that aye???
hmmmm... dammit.. i need this downgrader so bad.. i just like upgraded and then discovered homebrew..... like 5 mins after lol that sucks!

Tenshigami

Yeah, I did a shitload of research before buying my PSP. So that when I finally bought one, I knew not to upgrade, but immediately downgrade (if possible), and that there was a risk that the PSP I was purchasing would already have too high of firmware. Luckily, my used PSP came with 2.00 :D

It's also NOT a TA-082/86

Neo

I know what the error is can you fix it. It happens on all the updates I try to run and my psp is stuck in 3.10

Darkchild

The Doctor
is it 3.10 OE?
because normal 3.10 can upgrade with no problem (although I don't recommend it if you like homebrew)