• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout 3

RyanTheHero

Man I heard there was a lvl 20 cap?

FullMetalCat

Chathurga said:
Just finished the game and I'm not happy.

The game just ends, you can't go around completing other quests. Make sure you're finished with the game before you go to the last quest.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is terrible...

Chathurga

Abe Froeman said:
Going to go and search out some clues for the android quest next, but I'm done for the day.

When you finish that mission you'll wonder why you didn't max out energy weapons and ignore small guns, the gun you get is godly. It puts Lincoln's Repeater to shame.

Slasher said:
Can you restart the game with all your shit?

Nope, brings you back to the main menu and that's it. I can't stress enough how important it is not to finish the game until you at least get to level 20 (you get to choose a serious upgrade when you get to 20) and play around a bit. The game doesn't feel the same when you finish it.

Hardly said:
Just save before the last mission and do all the side quests and shit then.

DC becomes a war zone towards the end, I'd say as soon as the [BLACKOUT]Enclave[/BLACKOUT] (possible spoiler for those early in the game) show up, stop with the main storyline. So basically: [BLACKOUT]Stop at the Citadel.[/BLACKOUT]

The last mission is really good I have to say though, very dramatic.

Edit: Something else odd I just noticed, in hacking if you go to some of the random symbols (eg {$%#,[(^]) it selects them all and removes dud password entries. One of them even replenishes your guesses. I presume this was in the little box that pops up when you first hack, but I always ignore those kinda things and figure it out myself. :eek:

Adiuvo

eldiablov said:
Anyway, I completed the Ian quest and i'm extremely pissed at not getting a reward.
I got a schematic for the workbench. Were you nice to the family, and nice to Ian? Vance gave me the reward.

eldiablov

Contributor
Adiuvo said:
I got a schematic for the workbench. Were you nice to the family, and nice to Ian? Vance gave me the reward.

Yep, you get some of the items for a workbench in the super duper mart.

Colm

Adiuvo said:
Fallout 3 mod site.

Just for people interested. There aren't many, mostly just texture replacers, but there are a few nice ones now.
I don't think Bethesda provided a proper mod tool so texture mods are going to be probably the most we'll get for a while..

Slasher

Suck It
The only reward I got out of that Ian/Vance thing was that I now get 20hp out of blood packs instead of the regular 5hp :)

Also, I just finished all of those quests that Marian in Megaton gets you to do so she can make her book. Those quests were so annoying, and she has to complete three chapters so there's quite a bit to do. Hardly worth the effort though, you don't get a whole lot of rewards.

I'm going to put in a lot of game time tonight. Going to try and finish the game! I'm logged in at almost 20 hours thus far.

Slasher

Suck It
eldiablov said:
I for the life of me cant work out how to sell items :/
Go to pretty much any vendor. Press L1 (PS3 version), and it'll switch from their inventory over to yours. You then simply transfer the items over and he buys it off you.

eldiablov

Contributor
Thanks man :).

Im losing my motivation to play this game now. Is there no way to begin at the level you were when you completed it?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, it'll be LT on the 360 version. I'm working on Chapter 3 of that book right now along with the android quest. I pumped like 15 points of a Level Up into Energy Weapons per Chathurga's previous post.

I'm really digging how we are all playing a game that we started at the same time, but are taking a ton of different paths and sidequests.

I was talking to iball yesterday briefly, and he is addicted to this as well. We were randomly doing the same sidequest at the same time yesterday evening.