• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas

Yeah, so are Super Mutants, but it's a good change; they're supposed to be feared. Ghouls have also beefed up, Glowing Ones can really take put some damage on you, and a heap of rads.

I've also coughed up some caps for some more firepower (Assault Carbine & Plasma Rifle), and now I seem to be able to actually bypass the enemy's damage threshold :D.

TeamOverload

combat's been seeming fine for me, on normal for me though, also, anyone else come across a deathclaw, they seem ALOT stronger than in FO3, anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, I came across like a whole tribe of them. had to try my damned hardest to run away from that shit.

Bran

Yell
Oh yeah, I got raped by 3 Deathclaws, 4 Fire Geckos, and a party of Caesar's Legion. All at the same fucking time.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Has anyone found any unique weapons yet? I haven't come across any.

Also, will I ever be able to get a place of my own like in Fallout 3? I am pretty much maxed out on my 210 carrying limit the entire time and inventory management is getting to me.

Last question, [BLACKOUT]Who should I make the sherrif of Primm? I don't want to eliminate quest options at this point. I can did enough of the quest to get the NCR to do it and also spent 40 minutes clearing out the prison camp and asked the ex-con to do it. So when I go back I need to make a choice. When I killed the leader of the prison break, it said I failed a mission that wasn't even available to me yet and I want to avoid any good ones you guys may have done based off that decision. [/BLACKOUT]

I think I may drop down to normal because the going is super slow at the moment. I keep warping back to goodsprings to get healed up after every major skirmish.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

Also, will I ever be able to get a place of my own like in Fallout 3? I am pretty much maxed out on my 210 carrying limit the entire time and inventory management is getting to me.

Last question, [BLACKOUT]Who should I make the sherrif of Primm? I don't want to eliminate quest options at this point. I can did enough of the quest to get the NCR to do it and also spent 40 minutes clearing out the prison camp and asked the ex-con to do it. So when I go back I need to make a choice. When I killed the leader of the prison break, it said I failed a mission that wasn't even available to me yet and I want to avoid any good ones you guys may have done based off that decision. [/BLACKOUT]

I think I may drop down to normal because the going is super slow at the moment. I keep warping back to goodsprings to get healed up after every major skirmish.

i've found a unique plasma rifle, and an unique laser rifle(both are pretty awesome, just wish i could mod a scope onto the laser rifle, since it doesn't have iron sights(at least the unique one doesn't))
[blackout]i have the ae19(or something like that) laser rifle, found at vault and the plasma rifle you find at the repconn headquarters[/blackout]
abe:
[BLACKOUT]for primm i put the convict in as sheriff, didn't say i failed any quests, and yes, you do get rooms(idk about full homes, but i've gotten a couple of rooms, that are pretty decently sized)[/blackout]
also, this game defiantly has a shit ton more quests than in FO3, and many more towns, i have to say it defiantly is a great game imo, now that i don't have that crappy save bug

Robby

Los Doyers!

I haven't gotten room of my own but I did find an abandoned shack on the way to Primm and I just stash all my extras in there. Only thing bad is there are a bunch of big rad scropions outside, but I think of them as guard dogs :p

I've seen "That Gun", which is a throwback to the original Fallout guns, it was in the Dino-Bite Gift Shop's storage room. It's marked as property though, and grabbing it with the shopkeeper in the area will make him take it form you and sell it back for about 999 caps. I've found the Thump-Thump from the Boomer's camp, a unique BB Gun (Useless) at the bottom of Jimmy's Well, and the All-American, which is a unique Marksman Carbine from Vault 34's Armory.

You can pick up a few hideouts; you can get a room in Novac's motel for 100 Caps (or free, if you complete One For My Baby). There's also the Lucky 38's Presedintial Suite, which is on the Vegas Strip.

Regarding Primm, [BLACKOUT]I put Primm Slimm as the sheriff, but you'll need to pass a Science check to make it work. Couldn't bother with the Ex-con, as he required some pardon I couldn't find. The NCR guys needed troops, but going to the outpost they just ignored me and handed me another, irrelevant quest.[/BLACKOUT]

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
[BLACKOUT]I put Primm Slimm as the sheriff, but you'll need to pass a Science check to make it work. Couldn't bother with the Ex-con, as he required some pardon I couldn't find. The NCR guys needed troops, but going to the outpost they just ignored me and handed me another, irrelevant quest.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]eh?, for the con, u go to the same guy you get the extra soldiers from, major knight(iirc)[/BLACKOUT]

@zero, i've seen him sell that gun without stealing it first

Roe

Boone is one badass companion, he's just taking everything out from behind me with his sniper rifle.

Adiuvo

I've never been a fan of the companions that do the work for you. For this playthrough I think I'll either go solo or get a dog/robot companion if one exists.

Victor would probably be my first choice. I think he's hilarious.

Joey

I couldn't figure out how to complete Boone's quest. Are you supposed to be able to complete it before you leave Novac.

On another note, playing this game as a Las Vegas native makes it crazy fun. References to certain land marks (I15, I95, the hoover dam) and cities (Primm, Jean) always brings a smile to my face. I'm really liking this game.

Bran

Yell
I've seen "That Gun", which is a throwback to the original Fallout guns, it was in the Dino-Bite Gift Shop's storage room. It's marked as property though, and grabbing it with the shopkeeper in the area will make him take it form you and sell it back for about 999 caps. I've found the Thump-Thump from the Boomer's camp, a unique BB Gun (Useless) at the bottom of Jimmy's Well, and the All-American, which is a unique Marksman Carbine from Vault 34's Armory.

Weird, I found "That Gun" in Free Side....

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I've never been a fan of the companions that do the work for you. For this playthrough I think I'll either go solo or get a dog/robot companion if one exists.

Victor would probably be my first choice. I think he's hilarious.

[BLACKOUT]You can have a Dog-Robot AND a Robot.[/BLACKOUT]

I couldn't figure out how to complete Boone's quest. Are you supposed to be able to complete it before you leave Novac.

You have to figure out what happened to his wife, and bring the person responsible outside Dinky. Don't send someone random, you'll need proof to get Boone as a companion.

Companions are worth it alone for the load they can haul. It's a shame you can't them to properly hold fire, otherwise they'd be perfect.

Adiuvo

I'm guessing if I highlight that spoiler I'll hate myself forever, so I won't.

Anyways, some guy on Gamefaqs posted this image and then ranted about how the mapping system was bad. I lol'd.

BSU38.jpg

Joey

You have to figure out what happened to his wife, and bring the person responsible outside Dinky. Don't send someone random, you'll need proof to get Boone as a companion.

Companions are worth it alone for the load they can haul. It's a shame you can't them to properly hold fire, otherwise they'd be perfect.
Yeah, but I went to every marker for that quest, and I found nothing :/ Maybe I'm just missing it, but if everything I need to find is in that town, I'm gonna go back and try again... Veronica is a complaining piece of shit.

Yeah, but I went to every marker for that quest, and I found nothing :/ Maybe I'm just missing it, but if everything I need to find is in that town, I'm gonna go back and try again... Veronica is a complaining piece of shit.

You have to investigate further, it's kind of wierd. The Quest doesen't point you in the right direction. I figured it out on a fluke, really.

Hint, if you want. [BLACKOUT]Take up No-Bark's advice[/BLACKOUT]

Joey

You have to investigate further, it's kind of wierd. The Quest doesen't point you in the right direction. I figured it out on a fluke, really.

Hint, if you want. [BLACKOUT]Take up No-Bark's advice[/BLACKOUT]

I evenutally figured it out, but I think because Veronica was already following me, Boone didn't, even though the dialoague played out like he was going to. Oh well, Veronica has turned out to be really strong. She's killing shit with one punch with that pneumatic arm.

Man, this game is getting weird. And confusing. I absolutely have no idea what going on in the story. It's good stuff though.