• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas

Kept getting raped by Cazadores, checked "Cazador" on the wiki, apparently they're all level 18 with 7's and 8's in everything except Charisma and Intelligence.

BRB, going to try and convince a swarm not to attack we with some simple math, wish me luck.

If you want a comparison on how much stronger Deathclaws are in New Vegas, they are level 20 with 7,8,7,4,4,7,10 SPECIAL. In Fallout 3, they were level 13 with 6,8,6,2,4,5,10 SPECIAL. :argh:

@Abe, [BLACKOUT]they'll crash into each other, killing them faster.[/BLACKOUT] Not sure what impact it would of had on the story, however.

Adiuvo

What happens at the end of Come Fly With Me if you have enough Science to reprogram the flight controls? Just curious.
If you haven't finished it yet, do it. The result is amazing.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I finished it last night by just launching. I'm investing points in Lockpicking instead of Science, which seems like the choice you need to make in Fallout games.

Adiuvo

Anyone know how many mods there are for a Laser Rifle? I have three equipped right now, and was hoping there'd be something that decreases degradation rate.

Joey

I finished it last night by just launching. I'm investing points in Lockpicking instead of Science, which seems like the choice you need to make in Fallout games.

I invest in both, since it seems like you miss out on half the game if you don't.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I would, but I decided that I wanted to be a weapons master this go through and plan on maxing out Guns and Energy Weapons. Next playthrough I plan on going Melee only and should have enough stats open to invest in both.

Joey

I lost Veronica, and I don't remember where I left her. >_>

This game is starting to piss me off a little.

Adiuvo

If you're playing on a PC, type into the console 'prid e32aa' then 'moveto player.' That'll bring her right to you.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm just trying to beat the main story as fast as I can while I am playing on Hardcore. Then once I beat it, I'll just play on Hard with no Hardcore and start doing all the side questions and exploring.

Adiuvo

Hardcore really doesn't seem that hardcore. Neither is 'Very Hard' very hard. Obsidian took the Bethesda route on increasing difficulty and instead of increasing the damage multiplier for everyone they just decreased the player's damage multiplier against enemies. It's just annoying when it's done that way, since the amount of bullets (especially with DT) to take down one creature borders on the level of ridiculousness.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Hardcore really doesn't seem that hardcore. Neither is 'Very Hard' very hard. Obsidian took the Bethesda route on increasing difficulty and instead of increasing the damage multiplier for everyone they just decreased the player's damage multiplier against enemies. It's just annoying when it's done that way, since the amount of bullets (especially with DT) to take down one creature borders on the level of ridiculousness.

i think a more fitting name for hardcore mode would be realistic, i agree it isn't really hardcore, as it is more realistic playing

Joey

That's the one thing about this game that's noticeably worse than Fallout 3. The soundtrack is worse, and seemingly smaller. There's was 20 or so songs in Fallout 3, which is not nearly enough, but this game seems like it has about 3-4.

Such a disappointment, because I actually came to love some of the songs in Fallout 3.

I immediately associate "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" with Fallout 3, now.

I should pick up some mods...

Graphically, I like how New Vegas looks. The HDR & Colour Correction work very well, especially at dusk. Even the touch of AO on everything really makes it look awesome.

Joey

The new nVidia drivers make this game run infinitely better, but I still get stuttering issues every few minutes, especially when out side... Are there any tips out there, like raising the allocated ram for the game, or something, to make the game run slightly better?

Adiuvo

The new nVidia drivers make this game run infinitely better, but I still get stuttering issues every few minutes, especially when out side... Are there any tips out there, like raising the allocated ram for the game, or something, to make the game run slightly better?
It's a Gamebryo engine issue. Every game from them does that, but there our mods to correct it via a custom DLL. New Vegas needs a script extender to it though, and while there is one out it's only in the alpha stages. Give it a month, and the script extender (NVSE) should be ready.
That's the one thing about this game that's noticeably worse than Fallout 3. The soundtrack is worse, and seemingly smaller. There's was 20 or so songs in Fallout 3, which is not nearly enough, but this game seems like it has about 3-4.

Such a disappointment, because I actually came to love some of the songs in Fallout 3.
The song Abe linked and this one are the only two I like in New Vegas. It's soundtrack is so small, and so is the amount of things Mr. New Vegas says. Three Dog, while annoying occasionally, had at least 30 lines. New Vegas only seems to have 10.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, that song is another good one.

I'm wandering around with no direction now just getting quests. I think I have 15 to choose from and I haven't made it to the Strip yet.